Author Topic: Challenger door handles  (Read 5439 times)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Challenger door handles
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007 - 05:10:35 PM »

I know, I know but if you know me I want to keep it real. Call me crazy. :crazy: :crazy:

I'm not busting on you. I have the repop Cuda handles on mine now, since that was the only way to go 5 years ago. I'm just glad the Challenger people are getting some respect now.   :grinyes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline PLUM_72

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007 - 08:25:28 PM »
Shouldn't laugh about the repro handles.  They are nice!  almost better than the originals.  For the true resto crowd I would suggest holding on to the original plastic gaskets.  The repro ones come with rubber gaskets.
 :2thumbs:

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007 - 09:15:29 PM »
The photo below shows the different curves. The Challenger handle is on the left & the Barracuda handle is on the right.

Offline Todd DesMarais

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007 - 09:50:08 PM »
Barry, as always, you da man !  :worshippy   I have been debating on buying a set for my 'cuda. my orig ones are a 7 out of 10, but once the car is painted I am sure they will become a 2  :swear:

For the true resto crowd I would suggest holding on to the original plastic gaskets.  The repro ones come with rubber gaskets.

Moparts member 71TA  (James Filmore) is remaking ALL the mopar gaskets in the correct materials, shapes and thickness'.  I will get his e-mail for those of you who want it as I am not sure if he posts here ?  :clueless:

Todd
74 'Cuda                       "There's a fine line
66 Belvedere II               between a hobby
66 Satellite                    and a mental illness"
05 Ram 3500 CTD

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007 - 01:30:30 PM »
for all your body and paint gasket needs
/www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/
Good stuff :) easy to deal with,, also sells on  :ebay:
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline 70_challenger

• Suburban Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007 - 01:55:04 PM »
for all your body and paint gasket needs
/www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/
Good stuff :) easy to deal with,, also sells on  :ebay:
:iagree:

Hope this isn't getting off-topic, but I just bought a complete gasket set from DMT, including these handle gaskets.  They are VERY nice, and fit like the originals.  Top-notch service, too. 

Now I just wish I had known the Challenger handles would become available, before I bought my Cuda repops!

Offline JS29

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007 - 01:59:20 PM »
:iagree:

Hope this isn't getting off-topic, but I just bought a complete gasket set from DMT, including these handle gaskets.  They are VERY nice, and fit like the originals.  Top-notch service, too. 

Now I just wish I had known the Challenger handles would become available, before I bought my Cuda repops!

I wish I had know Challenger repos would become available before I had my originals redone.
Looking for my buildsheet starting with: JS29N0B115###