Author Topic: Buy my truck  (Read 993 times)

Offline Hopalong

• HEAD OFF! Apply directly to the neck line!
Buy my truck
« on: March 18, 2007 - 07:07:34 PM »
With the purchase of the new one, the old one must go!  1983 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton.  2 wheel drive, 318 with a 4 speed manual, Dana 60 rear with 4.10's.  First gear in the trans is the granny low that's good to about 5 mph.  It's an old Air Force truck but it's already lost the decals.  Surprisingly, not much rust at all, small spot in the passenger front fender.  This thing is as basic as it gets, I think the heater was optioned.  The interior is o.k. but pretty bare, no rips in the blue bench seat though.  Blue outside (although very faded), and blue inside.  I put in a new clutch and pressure plate, and had the flywheel resurfaced.  At the same time, I put in a new cam and lifter set (#8 intake went round), double roller timing chain, Milodon water pump (cause it's what I had around), Edlebrock Performer intake (again, cause it was there), and a 600 cfm Edlebrock carb with electric choke.  The carb was a huge improvement from the thermoturd that was leaking all over it before.  This thing is a work truck.  I had a ton (yes 2000 pounds) of river rock in it when we were doing the house, and barely grunted.  $800.00 will drive it away, for the right amount more, I will deliver it with in a reasonable distance.  I live in Lincoln, Nebraska.  I will post some pictures of it tomorrow.  Let me know if you have any questions.
{oo/===\oo}

Offline Madmax440

Re: Buy my truck
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007 - 10:13:28 AM »
Post some pictures and is Maryland a reasonable delivery destination ??? Actually, what would it take to get it to Maryland ???

Offline Hopalong

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007 - 01:38:48 PM »
Here are the pic's.  Like I said, it is kinda rough looking, but it starts every time, and runs great.  A transport hauler would get it to Maryland, not sure what it would cost though.  If you are really interested after looking at the pic's, send me your zip code and stuff and I will check into.  Thanks.
{oo/===\oo}

Offline Hopalong

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007 - 01:42:10 PM »
The rest of them.  The grille and front bumper are from an 86 Ramcharger, as is the hood in the back.  The original grille and bumper were busted and bent.
{oo/===\oo}

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007 - 03:11:30 PM »
Actually, what would it take to get it to Maryland ???

Being down this road twice now, a good guess would be in the $1000-$1200 for open trailer.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Hopalong

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007 - 03:50:34 PM »
Thanks MEK!
{oo/===\oo}