'67 Dodge D200 5.7 Hemi pickup

Author Topic: '67 Dodge D200 5.7 Hemi pickup  (Read 102415 times)

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Re: '67 Dodge D200 5.7 Hemi pickup
« Reply #420 on: March 04, 2009 - 02:19:09 PM »
That is looking sweet!!

Are those the original mirror bases from the truck or did you have to buy a set? And, are they stock replacement heads or did you get a set at the parts store.  :blah: I feel like a 4 yr old with all the questions..

Dig the sticker!  :cheers:

:bigsmile:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #421 on: March 04, 2009 - 04:29:57 PM »
Wow flathoodbigblock , we have another member called 71bigblock who has the exact same truck and in the same state of restoration. :woo:

It is looking awesome Steve :cooldancing: this is a very cool truck buddy :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #422 on: March 04, 2009 - 04:35:30 PM »
That is looking sweet!!

Are those the original mirror bases from the truck or did you have to buy a set? And, are they stock replacement heads or did you get a set at the parts store.  :blah: I feel like a 4 yr old with all the questions..

Thanks Wally and Kenny.   :cheers:

They are original mirror bases, but not stems.  I got them from cowboy on sweptline.org.  The stems were cut off at one time.  I made my own stems and welded them on.  The mirrors are just cheapys from O'Riellys, like 6 bucks apiece.  They'll work fine until they start to rust, then I'll get some good stainless ones. 

I called the blaster today.  Looks like the middle of next week that I can bring the bed, wait a couple hours, and bring it home.  Its probably an hour away, but I'll be saving a lot of $$.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #423 on: March 04, 2009 - 04:41:35 PM »
 :wow: your the third member dreamsiclebigblock that i have noticed just recently with the same truck as 71bigblock and flathoodbigblock :poopoke: man Steve, you are hard to keep up with, with all the name changes............. wait till that Hemi is going, then you will be even harder to keep up with, i see a super charger fitted in the near future when the truck is finished  :burnout: :bigsmile: :2thumbs:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #424 on: March 04, 2009 - 04:47:31 PM »
:wow: your the third member dreamsiclebigblock that i have noticed just recently with the same truck as 71bigblock and flathoodbigblock :poopoke: man Steve, you are hard to keep up with, with all the name changes............. wait till that Hemi is going, then you will be even harder to keep up with, i see a super charger fitted in the near future when the truck is finished  :burnout: :bigsmile: :2thumbs:

Dont tempt me, lol.  Yeah, I figured I'd change it a few times, for the heck of it.   :rofl:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #425 on: March 04, 2009 - 04:49:33 PM »
Dont tempt me, lol.  Yeah, I figured I'd change it a few times, for the heck of it.   :rofl:
Hey Steve, if anything deserved a supercharger, it would be your truck buddy, i could imagine you sitting at a light all calm in your old truck and some douchbag in a Corvette or Mustang pulling along side of you and you blowing there doors off before they realised what even happened :roflsmiley: :2thumbs:

Offline farmertan

« Reply #426 on: March 04, 2009 - 05:04:29 PM »
man that trucks looking nice, throw that jd sled in the back next winter and it will be like stepping back in time.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #427 on: March 04, 2009 - 05:15:04 PM »
thats awsome id love to put a new  hemi in my 85 ram great looking truck!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #428 on: March 04, 2009 - 06:35:09 PM »
Does that mean you're changing your Sweptline.org name to Blueberries & Cream?  :smilielol:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #429 on: March 04, 2009 - 08:03:01 PM »
steve or whoever you are today :poopoke:

That hood would hide a nice 671 without cutting a hole in the hood now that would be cool.  :burnout:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #430 on: March 04, 2009 - 09:20:43 PM »
Does that mean you're changing your Sweptline.org name to Blueberries & Cream?  :smilielol:

LOL.  I asked Scott if I could change my name over there, he's going to do it for me, but not to bb&cream, lol. 

Hey Steve, if anything deserved a supercharger, it would be your truck buddy, i could imagine you sitting at a light all calm in your old truck and some douchbag in a Corvette or Mustang pulling along side of you and you blowing there doors off before they realised what even happened :roflsmiley: :2thumbs:

Dont be suprised if someday I beef up the tranny a little for no apparent reason.   :roflsmiley:  A loooong time in the future though.  Dont think it hasnt crossed my mind...

man that trucks looking nice, throw that jd sled in the back next winter and it will be like stepping back in time.

Just have to walk outside the house to do that.  Except for the magnum, haha.

thats awsome id love to put a new  hemi in my 85 ram great looking truck!

Thanks.  It is possible.   :grinyes:

steve or whoever you are today :poopoke:

That hood would hide a nice 671 without cutting a hole in the hood now that would be cool.  :burnout:

Now that I dont think I'll be doing.   :roflsmiley:

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #431 on: March 05, 2009 - 06:13:15 PM »
 :ylsuper: Steve,i don't think your gonna be using this truck for duty on the farm are you?  :lol: truck looking great,looks like your almost there eh!let me know when i can bring out the 71 chally so you can finish where i left off and maybe get r done this year.  :lol:
by the way,did you make it to the world of wheels car show in st paul a couple weeks ago?midwest mopars had a display of some sweet e-bodies.
later for now..dave.  :cheers:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #432 on: March 06, 2009 - 09:44:52 AM »
:ylsuper: Steve,i don't think your gonna be using this truck for duty on the farm are you?  :lol: truck looking great,looks like your almost there eh!let me know when i can bring out the 71 chally so you can finish where i left off and maybe get r done this year.  :lol:
by the way,did you make it to the world of wheels car show in st paul a couple weeks ago?midwest mopars had a display of some sweet e-bodies.
later for now..dave.  :cheers:

Dave, I'm going to get the bed linexed, so I can actually haul stuff.  Thats the reason I didnt get collector plates, either.  It will see its share of use...

No, I didnt go to WoW.  I went a couple of years ago, and there were like 3 old Mopars there.  I was kinda dissapointed.  Maybe next year.    :dunno:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #433 on: March 18, 2009 - 04:29:34 PM »
I ran the bed, gate, and ends to get blasted today, and a few hours later, just got home.  Pics later.   :popcorn:

Offline farmertan

« Reply #434 on: March 18, 2009 - 07:03:12 PM »
hey steve i like that field of dreams look you got going w/the chally.nice pic.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett