Author Topic: 1973 Barracuda Resto-Mod  (Read 6106 times)

Offline djdmotorsports

Re: 1973 Barracuda Resto-Mod
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011 - 04:07:10 PM »
I can not belive its been over 4 years since i touched my car! Life has finally gotten to the point where i can dump some cash and get this done once and for all! I set it up with my engine builder to start building the 408 stroker in mid nov, tanny is getting done in jan. Painted in the spring, and then will have 4 months of summer to thrash and try to get it tooling around on the street.

Ill try to get some fresh pics taken this weekend, but spoiler alert, does not look very different  :roflsmiley:
1966 Plymouth Valiant V200
1973 Plymouth Barraucda

Offline johns cuda shop

• 71 Cuda Pro-Touring Build
  • Machinist and Fabricator
    • Custom Machine Components
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011 - 04:34:58 PM »
Welcome back ! :wave:
71 Cuda Gen III Aluminum 426 Hemi T56 6 speed 4.10 8.75 Modified & Lowered RMS coilover suspension Wilwood discs

Offline djdmotorsports

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011 - 10:03:16 PM »
So tonight i got the heads and intake slapped back on so i can pull the motor and tranny with a carb plate. I was doing a little poking around to asses the situation a bit seems how i havent spent too much time around the car for 5 years or so, and happened to notice the glaring lack of a brake booster.

Was it common for a 73 e-body to lack power brakes? I know the car has been gone through before (IE Eddy intake, holley carb, and the top of the trans bellhousing has the paint pen markings of the rebuilder dated 1990. But i would kind of doubt the car would have been converted to manual brakes. Not like they had a vacuum issue on the little 318.

Im going to spin it around in the garage tomarrow to have room for the engine pull. If time allows ill get the rest of the accessories out of the way to pull the motor. I love all the room, last two engine pulls i did when i was a mechanic were on a 6.0L diesel F550 and a V-10 F250. Had to pull the cab off the 250 to get the motor out, genius ford engineers decided to sick the last bank of cylinders behind the firewall.
1973 Plymouth Barraucda

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011 - 02:21:58 AM »
Good looking project
Chris, Ohio

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011 - 05:40:17 AM »
So tonight i got the heads and intake slapped back on so i can pull the motor and tranny with a carb plate. I was doing a little poking around to asses the situation a bit seems how i havent spent too much time around the car for 5 years or so, and happened to notice the glaring lack of a brake booster.

Was it common for a 73 e-body to lack power brakes? I know the car has been gone through before (IE Eddy intake, holley carb, and the top of the trans bellhousing has the paint pen markings of the rebuilder dated 1990. But i would kind of doubt the car would have been converted to manual brakes. Not like they had a vacuum issue on the little 318.

Im going to spin it around in the garage tomarrow to have room for the engine pull. If time allows ill get the rest of the accessories out of the way to pull the motor. I love all the room, last two engine pulls i did when i was a mechanic were on a 6.0L diesel F550 and a V-10 F250. Had to pull the cab off the 250 to get the motor out, genius ford engineers decided to sick the last bank of cylinders behind the firewall.

I had a 98 F150 with a plain jane v8 that had that problem. Sold it to my father in law lol. The first time I went out to do a tune up on that I was thinking "you've gotta be $hitting me!"
Cuda is gone :(

74 satellite, daily driver/project now

Offline djdmotorsports

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011 - 10:28:51 PM »
7/9/2011 - Got her spun around in the garage today so i can have room to pop the motor and trans out. Tom. i have to stop and buy a cherry picker, and one of those carb mount lift brackets. And work on getting the rest of the assys. off (P/S pump, master cyl, driveshaft). Was a little interesting getting it turned around. Driveway has a wicked slant to it, so we had to do a 48 point K turn. Got close to the point of no return once and the person steering went to hit the brake..... pedal went right to the floor. Still havent figured out if manual brakes on one of these years is common or if it was an "addition by subtraction" later in its life. Snapped off a pic too.

1973 Plymouth Barraucda