Author Topic: Lime Green 440 6 Cuda w/build sheet.  (Read 2109 times)

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
Lime Green 440 6 Cuda w/build sheet.
« on: March 23, 2007 - 01:21:47 PM »
Hey guys. Sorry I've been kinda out of the loop this past couple of months but I got a lot of cars that are coming down the line so I'll be around more often. We picked up this car I think about six months ago. When we got it the quarters had a bit of mud in them so we just replaced them. That was the only spot on the car with bondo. Here is a link to all the photos and I've also got it up on eBay right now.

http://mmbrokers.com/newcars/70cuda4406/70440six.htm

We are asking 53k or best offer. If anyone would like to come take a look at it just give me a call. As for the price, I will try and take care of anyone who has a solid interest so in other words the price is pretty negotiable.

Thanks guys,
Shawn
FastMetalToys.com

Offline willhaven

Re: Lime Green 440 6 Cuda w/build sheet.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007 - 02:35:14 PM »
Nice looking car. You have any other 70 or 71 Cudas coming down the pipe that aren't green?

Also, are you aware of how your web page and eBay ads look through Firefox? The formatting gets destroyed and there is a lot of overlapping text, etc.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007 - 03:16:52 PM »
The tattoo on the arm is a bit larger than I'd like to see, but other than that, it's a nice car.  :2thumbs:

Just giving you crap here Shawn. I hope the auction does well for you.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007 - 07:43:55 PM »
......"RESTORED" means as it was when new.....this car is a clone, tribute car, a recreation, but not restored....

......Plymouths were "SIX BARRELS", not "SIX PACKS" (Dodge)

......car looks pretty nice, I know those wheels are in style, but I still hate 'em that big....

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007 - 08:01:36 PM »
 :iagree:  It is a clone.  It needs researched and more done to it to finish it as a clone.  It's got a good start and has plenty of potential. 
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007 - 10:03:36 PM »
A clone is an EXACT duplicate of another.  Thats no clone either.  I think they're calling them "Recreations" now.  We had a large discussion on here a few years ago and came to the conclusion that actually there is no such thing as a clone car as it could never be exact.   :grinno:   

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007 - 12:37:42 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. I suppose you could reference the car more as a tribute car. I personally refer to it as well as others such as our previous lime green car as super muscle cars. To each his own I suppose. Also I dont know why my html loads out so crappy and distorted through Firefox and I am still trying to figure out a way to get it fixed but thanks for the heads up either way. Also we do have some other really beautiful cars coming down the pipe line. One in which I will have photos of tomorrow. This one however is the most affordable one we will have for quite some time. Thanks again guys.

Shawn
FastMetalToys.com

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007 - 10:51:13 AM »
A clone is an EXACT duplicate of another.  Thats no clone either.  I think they're calling them "Recreations" now.  We had a large discussion on here a few years ago and came to the conclusion that actually there is no such thing as a clone car as it could never be exact.   :grinno:   
  I can agree with that.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007 - 07:27:30 PM »
Shawn

I brought up the Firefox formatting issue with a guy who's really HTML savvy. He said that the issue seems to be some of the hard numbers used in the tables, borders, and formatting you've got going on. Using height instead of min height, things like that.

He said that Internet Explorer will forcibly resize a table or border to fit the content within it no matter what you do, but other browsers like Firefox will just let the text spill out and overlap and do crazy things.

I guess if you built the pages in Firefox and then tested them on IE afterward, nobody should have problems with them.

This is what it looks like in FF. :scared:

-Phil

P.S. Do you have any images of the underbody of the car as well as what the car came in looking like? Was the underbody taken down to bare metal as well? It looks to be undercoated again? I can't really tell from the pics. Thanks.

Offline back n black

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007 - 09:20:16 AM »
......"RESTORED" means as it was when new.....this car is a clone, tribute car, a recreation, but not restored....

......Plymouths were "SIX BARRELS", not "SIX PACKS" (Dodge)

......car looks pretty nice, I know those wheels are in style, but I still hate 'em that big....

Old guys...I guess they really don't understand what is cool today!  I personally like the wheels way more then stock 15".   :bigsmile:  Most guys under 40 probably prefer the new style as well. 

Resto...Tribute...build...Clone...recreation...who really cares?  That is a bad ass cuda that I am sure is fun to kick down.   Those cars look awesome, good luck with sales.

However,  I am curious why all the green? 

Offline willhaven

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007 - 09:30:56 AM »
Must've had a deal on green paint.

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007 - 10:32:20 PM »
Thank you for the information on FF. I am going to work on it this week to try and get it fixed. I will also have some better under carriage shots this week and should have them up on the site. As for the green paint, we didnt plan on obtaining this car and it being an original Lime Green. It just seemed like the right thing to do atleast keeping that much of it original. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Shawn
FastMetalToys.com

Offline Sublime

• 70 Challenger R/T, Super Trak Pak, 4 speed
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007 - 08:20:23 AM »
Too much green in places it doesn't belong that on a correctly restored, painted, assembled car would never be painted green.
"MoPar Spoken Here"