Author Topic: 1970 Black on Black 4 Speed Hemi Cuda. Loaded!  (Read 10183 times)

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
Re: 1970 Black on Black 4 Speed Hemi Cuda. Loaded!
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007 - 05:40:41 PM »
My opinion it's a CUDA! That being said, that paint would best suit someone who asked for that layout. That paint really narrows down your customer base.

I would say 70k is about asw good as you'll do with that car. If it was a vert.. you'ld have trouble approaching 150k w/ that paint and resto. All IMO

It's an awesome car, I think the paint kills it and it's sooo overpriced that no one would be inclined to even haggle with you.

71fish
71fish - Nobody better than an E-BODY!!

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007 - 05:45:55 PM »
Wow? One I did not join this forum for the purpose of capital gain. I actually joined it a long time ago to actually "acquire knowledge". I have helped several people on this forum acquire parts as well as outside knowledge and no I did not make a single dime in doing these things. Like I said I don't mind feedback nor criticism but to place judgement upon someone whom you only know by forum postings is pushing a certain level of arrogance that should be left at home.
FastMetalToys.com

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007 - 05:48:04 PM »
Thanks Fish. I actually agree pretty strongly with what you are saying. As far as pricing goes, I anticipate that once I get photos of it detailed and perhaps some video of it running that I might be able to swing us closer to the 100k marker. Only time will tell I suppose.
FastMetalToys.com

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007 - 05:57:26 PM »
Well, here's my  :2cents:

You sell a lot of nice cars, for every seller, there is a buyer. I think its great that you can keep coming up with hemi and 6pk cars like you do. I assume that each build gets better and better. Can't say anything about high prices. The market and demand just goes bizzirk. You do take criticizm very well I might add. And the GIRL? Well I figured she was a friend,wife, girlfriend, relative or whatever. I can admire someone like you doing all this on your own and just stumbling through. So keep your posts going. I can't buy your cars, but I can build em.  Don't worry about all the talk about your model, just keep it up and you'll be where you want to in your business....ALAN

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007 - 06:00:39 PM »
Alan,

Thanks man. It is always refreshing to hear some positivity. I will continue to plug away and hopefully appease those who's lives I've made so terrible haha.

Shawn
FastMetalToys.com

Offline wart1de

• Vivah
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007 - 06:23:06 PM »
Although i'm not looking to buy I do like seeing the cars you come up with. This one isn't to my taste though. I liked the green one better. It's great that you take so many quality photos. It might be an idea to wait until the car is finished next time though to avoid some of the criticism.

Like everyone else said, I think it's overpriced. I look forward to seeing what kinda bids it pulls.

Keep'em coming.

For everyone else, with that complexion it wouldn't be possible for the girl to get a tan. All she'll get from the sun is burn, cancer, lots of painful surgery and scars. Then ya'll be complaining about the red skin and scars  :lol:
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda
1980 Ford Falcon XD ESP
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Offline 70challrtse

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007 - 06:25:59 PM »
Wow? One I did not join this forum for the purpose of capital gain. I actually joined it a long time ago to actually "acquire knowledge". I have helped several people on this forum acquire parts as well as outside knowledge and no I did not make a single dime in doing these things. Like I said I don't mind feedback nor criticism but to place judgement upon someone whom you only know by forum postings is pushing a certain level of arrogance that should be left at home.
I was merely stating my opinion and I stand by it.If anyone questions the merits of my statements they can reflect on your previous posts/ads, and the accuracy of the descriptions of your cars contained therein. Almost all of your posts are related to selling your cars.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007 - 06:27:32 PM »
:iagree: I should not have said anything about the young lady's pigmentation deprivation. Actually I think she is cute. But comments about the car are fair game. Shawn did not join this forum to acquire knowledge or for camaraderie; he is using it to make money, and his cars are inaccurately described and over priced :2cents:

True, but he seems a very reasonable guy, who, despite all that has been said keeps a level head, shows class and maturity IMO. While it's fair game to pick his car a part there are also ways of expressing these opinions. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it or at least use what college/high school education you have and word it in a more polite and informative manner. The price is high but I'm sure he'll take what he see's as fair and with the prices of E-Bodies who's to say who's correct? He maybe using it to sell cars and "make money" but what if it were a 1 of 1 car and he had 1 post? I for one like seeing guys offering Mopars and parts for sale here, gives us fans first dibs on the car/product.

CCC is a nice place, if this was the first thread I read after joining or being a guest.
I'd think it was pretty angry/abusive place with all the bickering coming out.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007 - 06:29:12 PM by NZ440R/T »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007 - 06:34:44 PM »
70Chal, if my follow ups werent enough to validate that I am actually here to contribute something other then selling cars then I dont know what to tell you. Be angry, hate life, whatever it is you gotta do. I'm sorry I cant make you feel any better. As for everyone else, thanks!

Shawn
FastMetalToys.com

Offline 70challrtse

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007 - 06:42:22 PM »
True, but he seems a very reasonable guy, who, despite all that has been said keeps a level head, shows class and maturity IMO. While it's fair game to pick his car a part there are also ways of expressing these opinions. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it or at least use what college/high school education you have and word it in a more polite and informative manner. The price is high but I'm sure he'll take what he see's as fair and with the prices of E-Bodies who's to say who's correct? He maybe using it to sell cars and "make money" but what if it were a 1 of 1 car and he had 1 post? I for one like seeing guys offering Mopars and parts for sale here, gives us fans first dibs on the car/product.

CCC is a nice place, if this was the first thread I read after joining or being a guest.
I'd think it was pretty angry/abusive place with all the bickering coming out.

I am mindful of what you have said,and in general I don't disagree;however, save and accept for my not so kind comment about the young lady, I stand by all my previous posts on this topic. Incidentially, what does a person's educational background have to with the issue at hand?

Offline 70challrtse

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007 - 07:05:17 PM »
70Chal, if my follow ups werent enough to validate that I am actually here to contribute something other then selling cars then I dont know what to tell you. Be angry, hate life, whatever it is you gotta do. I'm sorry I cant make you feel any better. As for everyone else, thanks!

Shawn

What was said about a "level head".Check my previous posts on here, I have never said an unkind word about anyone or their ride. Your descriptions are inaccurate and your cars are overpriced and I think that is the consensus of those that have posted in this post, and not just me. But there is hope; as has been said, there is an arse for every seat. Good luck with your ventures.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007 - 07:36:11 PM by 70challrtse »

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2007 - 07:25:48 PM »
 :clueless: I like peanut butter.
FastMetalToys.com

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2007 - 07:47:59 PM »
Not sure itd be 150k car if it was perfect... but to offer some advice, on a rust free car, take the time, strip/blast the underside and paint it, or even colored bed liner.  The higher the price, the more important the details are.  Its much easier to build a car for someone than to build one without an owner already or a buyer lined up. 
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007 - 08:01:58 PM »
...my only comment about the car is the paint....had I built it, I would have opted for a color/scheme that would appeal to a wider audience....custom colors/graphics/stripes etc etc limit the customer base drastically.....then again, the paint job may be what sells the car....

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2007 - 08:59:05 PM »
Incidentially, what does a person's educational background have to with the issue at hand?

Not just this topic at hand, all topics. Forum etiquette.  ;)
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60