pg classic mirrors

Author Topic: pg classic mirrors  (Read 7940 times)

Offline kingtroll

pg classic mirrors
« on: March 27, 2007 - 05:58:18 PM »
I read the older posts and decided to post this new post just in case someone is considering buying mirrors from http://www.pgclassic.com/. All I can say is I opened the box today and they look awesome. I can not compare to originals (NOS) because mine are worn but these new ones for my Cuda with remote are just gorgeous. I am very happy with them just thought I'd pass that on to others.
1974 Barracuda

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
Re: pg classic mirrors
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007 - 06:10:29 PM »
  :useless: :useless:  Lets see the evidence......
Dave or David

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007 - 06:28:54 PM »
The evidence...... :bigsmile:
1974 Barracuda

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007 - 08:00:00 PM »
 :wow: :2thumbs:  Good looking.  Pricey???
Dave or David

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007 - 08:08:00 PM »
Very pricey but look very good. Most parts have been pretty pricey when it comes to barracudas. I made the mistake of looking through some of my receipts and told myself thats the last time I do that. I have been buying mostly through ebay when I can. I can't imagine what people put into their cars using only NOS parts. If it makes you happy and you can afford it go for it....that's my moto....can't take it with you and you might as well enjoy it while you can when you can....
1974 Barracuda

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007 - 04:33:53 PM »
Well got them mounted. Thought i'd post a couple of pics. One more thing off a very long list......
1974 Barracuda

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007 - 08:46:43 PM »
Those look sweet! :2thumbs:

Tom :picture:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline wiging19

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007 - 08:54:29 AM »
 :cheers:
Thanks for sharing.  I have my wife picking up my delivery from them today.  Inside are chrome mirror's among other things.  I share your grief over the cost of parts.  My wife is still bent that I spent $4,200 over the last two weeks for my challenger instead of putting in a patio for the kids this summer.  On the other hand the whole family really enjoys cruising in the car whenever it comes out of the garage.  I can hardly wait to put the chrome mirrors on my car.  The passenger side mirror won't stay in place and is the real reason I replaced both.  I really wanted two functional mirrors and knowing it was a good investment gives me comfort.   As you said you can't take it with you but you can enjoy it now...
 :chatting:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007 - 10:43:35 AM »
Great looking mirrors!  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline scf100

• FAST LANE FOREVER!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007 - 03:08:16 PM »
Nice,
I just bought the painted mirrors from PG and my body shop is painting and putting them on now so I will post pics when done on mine....they looked good out of the box but I have nothing to compare with since my car had plastic aftermarket mirrors on......

1970 Challenger R/T convertible 383…. 4-speed…3.91 suregrip

Triple Black

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007 - 05:18:47 PM »
I haven't seen the painted ones so i am looking forward to pics. It's best when you get a review from a buyer not seller.
1974 Barracuda

Offline Srobinson4

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007 - 06:42:04 AM »
I agree 100% mine were awesome as well.

Offline mackschallenger

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007 - 08:46:40 PM »
I bought a pg classic non remote drivers side mirror and the screw holes are different from the original mount points.Not happy.They had problems with the original order and was drop shipped to me from china .Turns out to be a loser!The screw holes are about an inch wider on each end so new holes need drilling with new rivnuts installed.gotta figure out how to cover the huge hole and align it all up?

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007 - 09:05:59 PM »
I bought a pg classic non remote drivers side mirror and the screw holes are different from the original mount points.Not happy.They had problems with the original order and was drop shipped to me from china .Turns out to be a loser!The screw holes are about an inch wider on each end so new holes need drilling with new rivnuts installed.gotta figure out how to cover the huge hole and align it all up?

Sorry to hear you had such problems man. Were the mirrors you had on your car original? My mirrors holes matched with the original holes no problem. I just had problems with the original rivets had to drill 2 of them out.
1974 Barracuda

Offline scf100

• FAST LANE FOREVER!
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007 - 09:14:08 PM »

I have been told that mirrors for a 1970 model are shorter then 1971 on....did you get the right year for your car?
1970 Challenger R/T convertible 383…. 4-speed…3.91 suregrip

Triple Black