pg classic mirrors

Author Topic: pg classic mirrors  (Read 7942 times)

Offline mackschallenger

Re: pg classic mirrors
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007 - 09:29:12 PM »
I ordered the mirror for a 71. it had a ugly mirror on it originallyBut I got a beat up remote mirror with the car that matched the screw holes of the other mirror.I truly beleive the doors are original??

Offline Tommy Chryco

• Fight the Good Fight: Manufacturer of Shaker kits
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007 - 05:35:40 AM »
I'm glad you liked them, aswel I am the supplier for PG in Ontario, Canada I also carry b/e&A Licenced products for my Northern neighbours! cheers!

www.tommythekrycho.com
Manufacturer of Shaker kits and Elastomeric Bumpers!

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007 - 05:50:02 AM »
I ordered the mirror for a 71. it had a ugly mirror on it originallyBut I got a beat up remote mirror with the car that matched the screw holes of the other mirror.I truly beleive the doors are original??

Maybe you can mark where the new holes will go and mount the new mirrors covering the old holes if your're lucky.
1974 Barracuda

Offline scf100

• FAST LANE FOREVER!
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007 - 07:28:04 AM »
I'm glad you liked them, aswel I am the supplier for PG in Ontario, Canada I also carry b/e&A Licenced products for my Northern neighbours! cheers!

www.tommythekrycho.com

Just wondering,

are you the person who had the mirrors designed and made?

they look good to me....just wondering who is coming out with all these much needed parts.....
1970 Challenger R/T convertible 383…. 4-speed…3.91 suregrip

Triple Black

Offline ChallengerDays

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007 - 12:35:45 PM »
I ordered 1970 mirrors for my Challenger as well. When they came in, I had to take them apart to see how they were made. The remote mirror is constructed well and the chrome seems to be of good quality; time will only tell. When I had the mirrors apart, I found a Chrysler log stamped inside along with some part numbers. The glass is a little different. Not bad for lazar cut glass. The one thing I have not tried yet is installing them. I will let you know if they fit in a few days. :thumbsup:

Offline Tommy Chryco

• Fight the Good Fight: Manufacturer of Shaker kits
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007 - 05:28:38 AM »
Just wondering,

are you the person who had the mirrors designed and made?

they look good to me....just wondering who is coming out with all these much needed parts.....
I assist on some items but not these mirrors we are coming out with another 20 more products or so for the summer so stay tuned..
Manufacturer of Shaker kits and Elastomeric Bumpers!

Offline wiging19

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007 - 09:32:18 AM »
 :2thumbs:
I got mine last Friday and I was impressed.  I replaced the chrome passenger side and discovered it screwed directly into the metal.  Since the one I was replacing was original I suspect a typical quality issue solution.  It has worked for over thirty years so I guess I can't complain.
 :dogpile:

Offline mackschallenger

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007 - 10:27:55 AM »
Well i emailed pg classic and they responded that they would straighten out the fitment issue.I emailed them these pics.The screw holes in my old mirrors look like what everyone else has.I could put in some new  rivnuts but I would rather not.

Offline ChallengerDays

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007 - 10:53:44 AM »
Your right mackschllerger. Look at kingtroll’s picks of his new mirrors. Those mirrors have the correct hole spacing and looks like they would fit on your doors.  :clueless:  You probably received PG Classic’s reject mirrors they’re desperately trying to get rid of. Keep us all informed of the outcome. From what I’ve read, PG Classic is not bad when it come to making things right, it just take them a little time. :popcorn:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007 - 03:30:50 PM »
Well i emailed pg classic and they responded that they would straighten out the fitment issue.I emailed them these pics.The screw holes in my old mirrors look like what everyone else has.I could put in some new  rivnuts but I would rather not.

That pic is of the bolt pattern for a 73-74 B-Body mirror base. I guess they just messed up the base?

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline mackschallenger

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007 - 07:21:59 PM »
pg classic responded to me and they are telling me my pattern is for a 70 not a 71?I don't know if they are screwing me around or what?Any opinions???????????/

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007 - 04:58:28 AM »
By looking at the picture it looks like the pattern of the mirror they sent you matches the one sent to me. Your original mirror looks different. It seems what ever year your original mirror is it does not look like the 72-74 year pattern. I would send them the pics you posted here.  I don't think they are messing with you. Obviously all years are not the same by your example.
1974 Barracuda

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007 - 05:26:31 AM »
Check out this link at Herbs    http://www.herbsparts.com/products.asp?cat=169&pg=2

It looks like the mirror that's different is the 1970. Maybe this helps...email Herbs about the mirrors and maybe that way you can get another opinion from someone that actually sells them.
1974 Barracuda

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007 - 06:04:18 AM »
your old mirrors are e-body & the new one has B-body base/screw holes.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline beaparts

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007 - 07:03:25 AM »
All mirror spacing for ebodies are the same at 3-1/4".  The mirror that was shown was for a 73-74 bbody which has a 5" spacing, same head different base.  71-72 bbody is the same as ebody.  You were sent the wrong mirror.

Mike Ross
B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc.
www.beaparts.com