Author Topic: Cuda-Challenger.Com Garage  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: Cuda-Challenger.Com Garage
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007 - 08:51:36 AM »
 :woohoo:   We already have a video page so I don't see the need for them. I would think the it should be for the members only though. I think a bio and photo pages are what we need. Anyone else?   :dunno:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007 - 09:30:31 AM »
So far, these are available:

CudaChallengerGarage.com
Cuda-ChallengerGarage.com
Cuda-Challenger-Garage.com
KillerMoparGarage.com

I'll keep trying to think of some more....
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007 - 09:34:03 AM »
I would think the it should be for the members only though.
:iagree:

Maybe there should be a requirement of a certain number of posts and certain number of months as a member, or we might have someone sign up only to have their car on a website.  At least this way we get to know the person before they join the members.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline RDF

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007 - 09:38:51 AM »
Probably the most difficult part of this whole thing will be the Administration of it.  Since it will be on a different domain and all, I can't tap into the cc.com database and cross-reference it with the garage.com database and check for those things.  Now this doesn't mean we can't do it, we will simply have to have Admins of the site as we do here and an email will be sent to those admin(s) and they will do the research (as small as the research will be) and either Ok it or Cancel it.
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007 - 10:20:15 AM »
:iagree:

At least this way we get to know the person before they join the members.

How will we be approved...???

By a jury, - god, no god, no god, maybee..???
MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline RDF

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007 - 10:28:48 AM »
How will we be approved...???

By a jury, - god, no god, no god, maybee..???

I guess we will have a set of "rules" that the Admins (or Mods) will go by and if you meet/fall into those requirements, then you're good to go, so long as they approve what you wish to post.
Bob

1973 'Cuda

My build:

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007 - 10:43:25 AM »
I guess we will have a set of "rules" that the Admins (or Mods) will go by and if you meet/fall into those requirements, then you're good to go, so long as they approve what you wish to post.

This is a great idea to make it a Members Only Garage though. One of the great things about this site and the proposed garage, is the sharing of information/ideas. I may be walking through the garage and see an awesome set of rims. I then send the member a PM to find out type/size etc. and come to find out they aren't even a member.

Our COTM could have a reserved parking spot also, similiar to the Employee of the month parking spot. Another good thing is that we won't need much Compact Cars Only parking spots.

Offline RDF

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007 - 11:06:18 AM »
This is a great idea to make it a Members Only Garage though. One of the great things about this site and the proposed garage, is the sharing of information/ideas. I may be walking through the garage and see an awesome set of rims. I then send the member a PM to find out type/size etc. and come to find out they aren't even a member.

Our COTM could have a reserved parking spot also, similiar to the Employee of the month parking spot. Another good thing is that we won't need much Compact Cars Only parking spots.

So would you guys want this to have a forum as well?  MHO is that's a bad idea, because then we're defeating the purpose of this forum.  We should keep all our conversations in one area, but also have the ability to showboat our cars and info in another area.
Bob

1973 'Cuda

My build:

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007 - 11:22:15 AM »
Agree with that 100%, this forum has so much to offer that it should always be the only forum - Its the only forum that I go on. The Garage would be strictly for showboating our members cars. From Body, Interior, Engine, etc. The more angles that are supplied by the members, the closer that we will get to a 360 degree view.

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007 - 11:27:54 AM »
And I will expound upon that by saying that this forum is so tight due to the moderators that are in place here. It isn't too often that there is anything offensive, argumentive, etc. posted here. I have been on other forums and the crap that they allow to go on there is ridiculous. Other than the core (clique) membership, I don't know why anybody else would want to go onto those forums. I have been called an idiot once too many times on other forums. Now it would be one thing if the person knew me, then they would just be making a statement of fact, but ....... 

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007 - 11:34:45 AM »
sounds like a grreat idea,,, so,, if i can pull mine in will others volunteer to do some work for me :smilielol:   cause its a project on hold now due to cashflo
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007 - 01:05:42 PM »
We will have a separate parking area for cars that are a work in progress. Lets face it, I don't want my car getting crap all over it from you in the parking spot next to me working on your car.

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007 - 01:42:48 PM »
Two parts of the garage...One as Ready for play time.    :picture:  and one for Ready for the wrench. :working:
Dave or David

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007 - 04:18:04 PM »
Not to argue here, but isn't this what the "member's ride's" section is about? You can post a few pics of your car and tell a story about it. I don't see why a work in progress would be excluded.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007 - 04:29:10 PM »
Not planning on excluding works-in-progress at all. I was just joking that I didn't want them parking next to me. The members rides gives a single picture and description and quite frankly there isn't much to it. With this we could almost provide 360 degree views and like Rare pointed out we could have video and probably audio isn't out of the question. What we are picturing is that you enter the garage and spot a car over to the right that you want to check out so you double click on the car and find out anything supplied by the member. The garage could be organized by year, model, color, etc. The possibilities are endless.