Author Topic: Where Is My First Barracuda Now?  (Read 733 times)

Offline Jimmycuda

• I'm a llama!
Where Is My First Barracuda Now?
« on: April 04, 2007 - 09:58:15 AM »
Ok, this is a real long shot, but the other day I was thinking about my first Mopar, and where it is (like my last post about my Challenger, my last Mopar!)  BUT, I let this one go 21 years ago!  She was a 1972 Barracuda, nothing special, a 3 speed manual with a 318!  I purchased her from a guy in Moonachie, NJ (north Jersey, near where I'm from) in 1985 for $1,500 bucks out of the Want Ads.  Then a year later,in 1986, I had to sell her. A gentleman from NY state purchased the car, and was going to turn it into a race car.  He said he would get back to me when its done! (still waiting, LOL).   Just wondering if that car is still out there somewhere.  It was in decent condition, then again, it was only 13 years old at the time.

It was Gold, with a tan-ish interior, 318, 3 spd man, thats about all I recall.  VIN is BH23G2B374979 (I still have the registration!)  Unfortunately, no pics. 

Probably think I'm nuts, but I figure its worth a shot to maybe find out,what the heck, I know the Mopar community is kinda tight!   

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Where Is My First Barracuda Now?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007 - 12:04:44 PM »
WELL< Knowing that NJ and NY salt the roads and the years gone by, I'd assume it is on a toyota fender and hood on the car that passed my going to the store.   Logic says 318 barracuda in the rust belt is a donor are scrapped, but you never know

Offline rallyechall

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007 - 01:19:49 PM »
I am in New York, and it only has 54,475 square miles. Where do you want me to start looking? I actually know of a gold Barracuda I can ask him what his VIN is. It is either a 72 or 73 318 car.

Offline Choppintime

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007 - 02:04:34 PM »
Jimmy, not sure where your original car is at but this is the Cuda I purchased after I got rid of the last Mopar you had.

Offline Choppintime

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007 - 02:06:31 PM »
One more........

Offline Jimmycuda

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007 - 02:12:29 PM »
I am in New York, and it only has 54,475 square miles. Where do you want me to start looking? I actually know of a gold Barracuda I can ask him what his VIN is. It is either a 72 or 73 318 car.

LOL!  I knew I'd get some good responses!!! 

Choppin, thats some custom paint job, wow! Nice car!  Still got the T/A???  Bringin' to the Whisky, right?  Its right around the corner, can't wait!!!