Author Topic: Cars in barns web site  (Read 1577 times)

Offline sadil340

Cars in barns web site
« on: April 11, 2007 - 07:35:59 AM »
Everyone's been telling me about the carsinbarns.com - they have a great Mopar section - but over the last 4 days I've tried to get into the site and get a "server not found" error message. Does anyone know what is going on with the site?
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: Cars in barns web site
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007 - 11:20:54 AM »
The last I knew, they were having the server updated, so it was supposed to be a while before they were going to be up and running again. :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

71challengher

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007 - 11:54:25 AM »

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007 - 03:49:32 PM »
Here is a similar site.http://www.forgotten-mopars.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y

That site is a joke, poor kid steals pictures from people (aka myself) and tried to pass them off as his own a while back.  Got in big trouble.  Now he just bugs everyone to use theirs.

This right now is the best cars in barn site on the net, next to myown of course.

http://mapleleafmopars.homestead.com/carsinbarns.html

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007 - 12:10:42 PM »
Here is a similar site.http://www.forgotten-mopars.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y

Thanks for the heads up on this site.  :thumbsup:
Haven't came across it yet. Pretty cool.
It breaks your heart to look at these poor souls, but you just have to for some reason.  :crying:
Maybe deepdown it makes you appreciate what you have just a little bit more  :dunno:  :cheers:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007 - 09:58:42 PM »
Oh, there's some amazingly rare cars on Mapleleafmopars. I contacted him about the original cars in barns and it being down for so long. He said he thinks the guy who runs it is having health issues.
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007 - 10:15:01 PM »
Jim (at carsinbarns) has had some health issues, the last time I talked to him, he was doing better. He does have website hosting issues from time to time, I hope it is a site issue and not a health issues this time.

As far as the 14 year old at the other site goes, he is a kid and still learning. Do not be to harsh on him. He did "borrow" some photos from other websites when he started out, but he has learned that he needs to ask permission now.

Barry

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007 - 07:35:04 AM »
Jim (at carsinbarns) has had some health issues, the last time I talked to him, he was doing better. He does have website hosting issues from time to time, I hope it is a site issue and not a health issues this time.

As far as the 14 year old at the other site goes, he is a kid and still learning. Do not be to harsh on him. He did "borrow" some photos from other websites when he started out, but he has learned that he needs to ask permission now.

Barry
Nicely put Alaskan  :thumbsup:
He does give credit at the bottom of each page as to where he got the pics from, so It's seems as if he's at least trying to do the right thing.
The learning process is in place to teach you many things along the way, and as long as you learn from it, you are well on your way  :cheers:

Also, best of luck to Jim, and his health issues  :wave:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Beep Beep Dave

• Maple Leaf Mopars
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007 - 07:50:37 AM »
Yes hopefully Jim and the Cars in Barns website will be back on its feet shortly. A buddy of mine started the site and when he felt he wasn't updating it regularly enough so he handed it off.
My site is pretty much the Canadian knock-off of that. I enjoy reading along with some story behind the pictures where ever possible. I am glad people have enjoyed my efforts over the last few years. The one thing I have tried to do is update my site once a month...even if it is just one page.

As far as Cody goes with Forgotten Mopars...I agree you need to cut the kid some slack. I enjoy his site too. I have given him a few chances to do the right thing and he has let me down. I've been burned a couple times with making up new pages with cars he submitted to me and lied about where he got them. A big time waster for me. Right now I have my own kids to try and teach how the proper way to go threw life is and have little time to waste to be dissappionted with others. Right now I just ignore him completely. I do believe he is on the right track and is making a site that he can be proud of and that others can enjoy. I wish him the best of luck and check in on his progress from time to time.

Dave

'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars  Canadian Mopar site.
'70 Charger R/T
'69-1/2 Super Bee

If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one - Cavett Robert 

Offline sadil340

Re: Cars in barns web site - it's back!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007 - 06:23:11 AM »
Just checked it today and it appears to be in good working order and interesting as ever. Enjoy!
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007 - 10:33:41 PM »
Yeah, it's up again, finally.
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST