Why is this site the best?

Author Topic: Why is this site the best?  (Read 5905 times)

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
Why is this site the best?
« on: April 12, 2007 - 09:06:10 AM »
I have been on other sites,including our sister site dodge-charger.com.It seems to me the people here are nicer and more eager to help.They even tolerate stupid comments like I have given sometimes and other people as well,lol.There's ALOT more flaming and attacking people on other sites.Anyway,I appreciate all you guys/gals on this site,i  think alot of us would be friends if we lived closer to each other.
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
Re: Why is this site the best?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007 - 09:10:39 AM »
I agree, I think that the main thing for me is the non-competitive nature of the people here.  It's nice that everyone is here to enjoy their cars and sometimes more importantly the comraderie of the folks here.

Tom :2cents:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007 - 09:22:06 AM »
I think you answered you own question. There's ALOT more flaming and attacking people on other sites. Thats the main reason I started to look for another site. The thing I love about here is since the first day I have felt accecpted. Even it you stick you foot in you mouth one in a while. I have yet to see anyone get slamed for voicing their view on any subject. You couldn't have found a better bunch of people!!   :icon16:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007 - 09:26:53 AM »
I agree with the others about how nice everyone is here.  I do have to add that the site is also very easy to search and if you cannot find a topic, someone will point you in the correct direction.   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007 - 09:27:07 AM »
I have to agree with you guys.  I was happily surprised at how helpful and friendly everyone here has been. I have learned a lot here and have only good things to say about the users here. Definately glad I found this site.
1974 Barracuda

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007 - 09:40:53 AM »
We have had some up's and down's here just like every other site . . just not as many and usually they are dealt with quickly.   There's no way the site can ever be perfect and please everyone but we'll try to keep it as close to perfect as we can!   :bigsmile:   But in the end, it comes down to the members  . . they are the ones that make the site great!   :worshippy   :worshippy   :worshippy

Offline snowdog

• Thor-Our Belgian Tervuren-Member since 2006
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007 - 10:03:31 AM »
I have to agree, the people on this site are the most helpful and easygoing on any website I have seen.  I also own a 2005 Mustang (insert lumps here) and belong to several mustang sites.  But I’ve only posted once or twice on them due to the constant flaming.  Every time I go to those sites there is always some catfight/dogfight going on over something trivial.  The guys/gals here seem more mature (regardless of age).  Keep up the good work.
Scott (aka: snowdoggie) 1970 Challenger - 440 Modified - 4 Spd - White on Black - 1970 Cuda - 383 Magnum - 4 Spd - Drk. Green on Black - Howell, MI
See my "I'm gonna fix'm up someday" story at Cars in Barns.  **Dodge Main 76-78**
http://www.carsinbarns.com/Mopars%20In%20Barns/pg113mopar.htm

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007 - 10:17:18 AM »
 :iagree: Yup, the people are what make the site.  I've seen some refugees from other sites come here and see how they mention what the other sites are like. 

I have no need to go anywhere else.  :thumbsup:

Also, I want to put in a plug for the moderators and the other members who try to keep an eye on the threads!  :2thumbs:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007 - 10:50:02 AM »
Since I've been here, there were really less than a handful of incidents that were meant to attack the site as a whole.  It's good to know the site's still going strong as ever and keeps its main focus on our car passions and not politics or other topics that can be very touchy to many. :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007 - 11:16:42 AM »
The guys/gals here seem more mature (regardless of age). 

Mature?   :crazy:

Just kidding.  This site rules

CC.com---

Voted #1 Mopar site by the members of CC.com

:roflsmiley:

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007 - 11:30:04 AM »
It's the folks that make this site rock!    :ylsuper:    :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007 - 01:18:31 PM »
Yep, its the people that make any site... and the people here are great! (Not to mention that the mods keep everything clean and well maintained) :2thumbs:

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007 - 02:27:57 PM »
I agree with everything said, but have to add that the one factor here that really seems to make a big difference is the MODERATORS. They do a great job on keeping things civil. I haven't seen very many times that one has to actually step in, except maybe the Babes section but come-on we are guys. I think that when it comes to Babes our maturity level (I am talking about myself too) seems to take a step downward. To get back to my point (I do have one) they do step in when they have to and are quick to do so - Which some times is needed. I know that I am  :horse: here but I can't give them enough credit. If I ever actually have the pleasure of meeting one, I will definately buy them a beer.   

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007 - 02:34:37 PM »
I love playing hearts and used to do it online, but got so tired of the idiots out there making ignorant comments toward you that you felt that you were back in grade school. I think that they do it just because there is no fear of retribution. I hate to say it, but sometimes I wished that I could reach my arm through the internet. It was time to stop playing hearts.