Author Topic: Why is this site the best?  (Read 5899 times)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: Why is this site the best?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007 - 06:42:07 AM »
YOUuu, don't have an E body??? Get the hell out of here then.  :roflsmiley:  Just kidding. We still love you. :clapping:

:roflsmiley: I was going to say that too!   :smilielol:  :crazy:  :jumping:  Just messin' with ya  Plum6Pak!!!!!!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2007 - 11:22:37 AM »
I's know ya all kiddin here, but if ole Glen goes this old fart is gone too. He's as good as they can get in my book, a keeper for sure.  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2007 - 10:52:04 PM »
I just wish I would of found this great site sooner. Besides being very user friendly the people here are some of the greatest. Other sites are hard to navigate around and hard to get questions answered. I very seldom visit other sites now that I have found this one!

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline back n black

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007 - 03:48:59 PM »
Most all guys on this forum tend to be good natured and easy to get a long with.  There is plenty of helpful knowledge and insight about our hobby within our pages.  Just glad to be along for the ride myself. :cheers:

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2007 - 03:50:32 PM »
 :iagree: 

I's know ya all kiddin here, but if ole Glen goes this old fart is gone too. He's as good as they can get in my book, a keeper for sure.  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

Garsh, that's awful nice of ya. Thanks WSM, guess I better just stick around huh? Would be bad to see two old farts
dissapear at the same time, they would think we passed on or something.  :faint:

I've got a long ways to go before that happens, got to drive that car out in the shop a few times first!
Here's to all the Mopar lovers here.  :cheers:

Offline MoparMan

• 70 Challenger R/T, 71 Duster 340, 68 Fury
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2007 - 07:47:44 PM »

June 5th will be 5 years that I've been on here and I am proud to be a member of this fine group of folks. Like many have said already, everyone gets along great with each other. It does come down to respect, wanting to have fun and learn about our cars together. There really is no need for flaming and getting on someone's nerves. I just wouldn't want to be a part of that.
 I've met some of the members at Carlisle and the Mopar Nationals and they were very nice and fun to be around. Hope to meet more of you in the future !!

Have fun !!
MoparMan
(Bob)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2007 - 08:37:49 PM »

Great site no doubt. Another thing I like is the amount of people. I hope the site doesn't grow too much. Why? Sounds weird I know but if you've ever posted at Moparts you'll know why. Post a thread and I'm not lying when I say 4-6 hours later it's 3-4 pages back with no replies. As mentioned there is a lot of flaming and Moderators/Admin who abuse their authority. You should only be able to spot or tell a Mod/Admin apart from the rest of the users by their title or "rating".

When you can tell them from their posts or attitude that's when they need to take a backwards step and pull their head out their backside. I've had a few run ins with a couple of members but all were resolved quickly via PMs and I now have no problem with anyone of them. Mind you, when you have over 16K posts you're bound to stick your foot in it once a year. LOL

Anyhow. To Mopars, a great board and a awesome bunch of people.  :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007 - 09:41:08 AM »
What do you mean "babe" section??? :bigsmile:

I'm pretty sure I drag the average niceness rating down. I'm a jerk. I do agree with all the above tho. I'm on other sites a lot (when I'm supposed to be working ... :smilielol:) and there are a couple of body-specific sites where the respect level is much higher than others. I like rowdy partys too, but I get tired of keyboard weilding fight pickers. It's not easy being a mod, I didnt want any of it. Trying to maintain a respecful atmosphere is slightly easier when the members exhibit that trait. Some other sites dont have it. Here, does. :2thumbs:

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2007 - 04:57:26 AM »

Mind you, when you have over 16K posts you're bound to stick your foot in it once a year. LOL

Anyhow. To Mopars, a great board and a awesome bunch of people.  :cheers:

Very well said, some of us do it much more frequently with far less posts. Here's to you too Carl.   :cheers:  And to the rest of the gang too.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2007 - 05:21:05 AM »
Very well said, some of us do it much more frequently with far less posts. Here's to you too Carl.   :cheers:  And to the rest of the gang too.

Thanks Glen, likewise mate. :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2007 - 09:03:15 AM »
Haven't been here long, but I gotta say I wish I had found this site sooner. It's been an great resource, but more than that is the great folks!! Two thumbs up and two toes too!! :2thumbs: :bigsmile:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Stacked440

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2007 - 11:01:13 AM »
I know for sure I wouldn't have been able to get my challenger back to the way it looked 36 years ago without you guys.  All the little information tid-bits that are really important I got from this site only.  Not to mention the impossible to find parts that I got from members!  Can't wait to meet some of you at Carlisle and on the power tour! :cheers:
-Kyle-
1971 Challenger R/T clone 440/5-spd
1973 Duster - 5.7L Hemi swap project

Offline back n black

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2007 - 07:27:05 PM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2007 - 12:47:30 PM »
It's definitely the people!  Friendly and genuine folk who care and respect each other.  Some friendships here go beyond the keyboard and screen.  I know many of you I wouldn't hesitate to call if I needed to... and you know you could do the same to me. 

Now that babe section........   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline back n black

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2007 - 11:30:41 PM »
Bump for us.... :bigsmile: