Modern parable...GM and Toyota

Author Topic: Modern parable...GM and Toyota  (Read 3546 times)

Offline Andrew

• Resident
Re: Modern parable...GM and Toyota
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007 - 11:08:58 PM »
The U.S. also helps them, since they do not have a military and we protect them.   :clueless:
The US wanted to rebuild japan as a wealthy democracy after WWII to act as a buffer state to help stop the spread of communism. Australia and NZ didnt want this happening because japan had tried to capture the pacific during WWII; (the greater-east asian co-prosperity sphere) even going as far as capturing fort singapore, which was thought to be impenetrable and was basically Australia and NZs only defence against a Japanese attack (both countries had most of their troops serving in europe and africa and would have been unable to defend their coastlines. So, the ANZUS treaty was signed so that in the event of japan trying to re-invade, each country would have allies close at hand.(I thought you guys would all know this - what do they teach you in history class over there?)

To sum it all up, Japan is as rich and powerful as it is today because the US wanted it like that.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007 - 11:49:02 PM »
I thought you guys would all know this - what do they teach you in history class over there?

I was just making a point that Japan has a strong economy because they do not have to worry about supporting a military. 
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007 - 11:50:06 PM »
(what do they teach you in history class over there?)

Australia was founded by criminals and has kangaroos.

I’m not being a Smart A** that’s just all I have learned about NZ and Aus. And that is with several college level classes on world history  :clueless: Like to go someday guess I need to do some research.

Lunch
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007 - 12:03:02 AM by Lunchbox »

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007 - 12:04:54 AM »
Lmao thats true, I spent the last week there and found out first hand :P

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007 - 12:10:47 AM »
Lmao thats true, I spent the last week there and found out first hand
:smilielol:

Glad you didn't take that the wrong way.   :2thumbs:

I just found some interesting numbers on http://www.awm.gov.au/atwar/statistics/ww2.htm

US                        AUS                     NZ
Military Service Per Capita                 12.6%                   14.3%                  18.4%
Of that, Deaths in Military Service       2.4%                    3.97%                  4.1%

You guys were pretty busy then.

Lunch

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2007 - 06:51:47 AM »
OK, you bought an SRT8 and are bit chin about fuel mileage?? Complaining that it's too low and you can't figure out how not to scrape the front end.  Sorry man but get real!! You better sell the Cuda then cause I'm sure the mileage sucks in that too. :screwy:
Sorry dude, unless you own one you won't know.  My modded 500hp 02 Z06 Vette can still get way better fuel milage, and sits lower in the front and I've never had to worry about ripping the nose off because of a poor design. Also I'm not going to compair a 37 year old muscle car fuel milage to a new car. Before you start talking out of your ass, saying I screwy and telling me to sell my Cuda why don't you go out and buy one.

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2007 - 06:03:42 PM »
My wife averages 17MPG in her 300c SRT8 sled.  Think it's a little lighter than the Charger.  Don't care for the CHarger so much.  Had no headroom in the back.

Of course your vette would get better mileage.  It's 6-700lbs+ at least, lighter!

We even lowered the 300c more and you definitely have to watch the curbs on the front.  So far so good!   :clapping:

I think GM is starting to get the picture regarding a re-focus on cars.

The 2008 Pontiac G8 looks great.  RWD and 360+ HP is just what the Dr. ordered.  New Impala SS, new 2009 Camaro, revised Silverado in 2007.

I have more hope for GM than I do for FOrd and Chrysler.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2007 - 08:12:10 PM »
Sorry dude, unless you own one you won't know.  My modded 500hp 02 Z06 Vette can still get way better fuel milage, and sits lower in the front and I've never had to worry about ripping the nose off because of a poor design. Also I'm not going to compair a 37 year old muscle car fuel milage to a new car. Before you start talking out of your ass, saying I screwy and telling me to sell my Cuda why don't you go out and buy one.

I'm not talking out my ass because I drive pretty much everything DCX makes as I work at a large dealership. I just don't understand buying a 425hp heavy sedan and then complain about fuel mileage. Guess you should have bought the 300C then. Sorry but my new vehicle in the driveway only has 350hp, but it does has 650ft/lbs of torque.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat