Author Topic: vent tubing: from heater box to defrost vents???????  (Read 1538 times)

Offline tosho62

vent tubing: from heater box to defrost vents???????
« on: April 13, 2007 - 06:22:52 PM »
Resto in progress: The heater box is out of my A body- I put in the new heater core and basically restored the heater box and admittedly it looks pretty damn good!  However, one of the vent tubes was in pretty bad shape, the other is do-able. I tried to "restore' the bad one which was patched up by previous owners  @ 15-20 years ago.  All the black material has been torn from the center for about 10" so i tried to remake it carefully with duct tape but I think i may have lost about an inch of length and lost a bit of FLEX.   Im open for suggestions!!!!!!  What sux is the ends are tapered at different sizes, one @ 2" the other 2 1/2" . I cant find replacements at places like R/T specialties, Jacks, or SMS.  Any help out there?    Thanks TOM

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
Re: vent tubing: from heater box to defrost vents???????
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007 - 07:42:46 PM »
I had the same problem once with the vent hoses. I took a piece of PVC pipe, painted black, and put it over one fitting like a collar.  That way I could use a 1 size hose.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007 - 07:20:22 PM by Challenger6pak »
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline tosho62

Re: vent tubing: from heater box to defrost vents???????
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007 - 04:56:50 PM »
FOUND THEM!   Can be purchased from Stephens Performance and they are reproduction.  They have a bunch of cars on their property also if I wanted used. I were pleasantly shocked. Will be even happier when they arrive and they are correct.
   I didnt "ask", but Im sure since they have for 70-71 A body they have for B and E body as well.