Author Topic: And The Winner Is - Drum Roll Please.  (Read 7153 times)

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
Re: And The Winner Is - Drum Roll Please.
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007 - 08:44:33 AM »
I'd like to see what the shaker head would look like in black. I think it maybe would contrast better.  :clueless:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007 - 05:06:17 PM »
I'd like to see what the shaker head would look like in black. I think it maybe would contrast better.  :clueless:

That would define the lines better also. I think that if we can do that and all agree upon a tattoo (yes we do need a tattoo) we will have a finished product that can be presented anywhere.

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2007 - 01:41:28 PM »
Hey why don't we do a poll and see what everyone likes the most - Oh Yeah - Did that and The Wasp is the ONE.

First of all, I appreciate that you are able to take a joke well... apparently you didn't get that the "stir the pot" smiley refers to, guess what, stirring the pot!

Second of all, by your logic this is the image that everyone "liked the most", and voted for:

Now that you are altering it, that result of the poll is null and void. Its like electing one candidate, and having someone different take the office. As you said in the other thread, the only fair way for the democratic process to work is for there to be a runoff. Take the top three, let people revise them, and put them up against each other...

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007 - 02:14:32 PM »

Now that you are altering it, that result of the poll is null and void. Its like electing one candidate, and having someone different take the office.

Not quite true. The wasp was selected as the "Theme" that everyone liked. Now that that is over, there is no reason that we can't refine it more. We're not putting another candidate in office, we're just giving him some choices as to haircut, suits, etc.

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007 - 02:21:27 PM »
The shaker head is too corny. The R/t tattoo is too model specific. Keep it simple

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007 - 07:42:12 PM »
First of all, I appreciate that you are able to take a joke well... apparently you didn't get that the "stir the pot" smiley refers to, guess what, stirring the pot!

Second of all, by your logic this is the image that everyone "liked the most", and voted for:

Now that you are altering it, that result of the poll is null and void. Its like electing one candidate, and having someone different take the office. As you said in the other thread, the only fair way for the democratic process to work is for there to be a runoff. Take the top three, let people revise them, and put them up against each other...

Exactly the democratic process - How many times have you voted for a president or many others and after elected it is someone totally different then who you voted for. :stirpot:

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2007 - 12:53:42 PM »
Exactly the democratic process - How many times have you voted for a president or many others and after elected it is someone totally different then who you voted for. :stirpot:

Exactly zero times. Last I checked, whenever I checked the box for one specific individual, that was the individual who recieved my vote.

Not sour grapes here, but the fact remains that you had a vote, then decided that what you voted on wasn't the final version, and went on and changed it again. At the least, you have to put all of these 25 versions of the wasp up for a vote again. Personally, this is getting to be a little much for the election of an "unofficial" mascot. Especially an "unofficial" mascot who looks like a slightly angrier scat pack bee. :stirpot:

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2007 - 02:53:47 PM »
I've helped design company logos. It's exactly the same process that is going on here. First you throw a bunch of ideas or themes out there, and choose one that you like (The Wasp). Then you brainstorm it, and tweak it, until it evolves into the final product. And I've never worked on one that was used exactly as it was first presented.

Offline Bills70

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2007 - 03:02:50 PM »
I've helped design company logos. It's exactly the same process that is going on here. First you throw a bunch of ideas or themes out there, and choose one that you like (The Wasp). Then you brainstorm it, and tweak it, until it evolves into the final product. And I've never worked on one that was used exactly as it was first presented.

I am real new around here and I feel like I am  :stirpot: but I agree with jeryst!! and I like this new revision!!  It is not as angry looking as the original and I really like it without the R/T on the arm maybe the"mopar muscle" would look better in a different type face! again I feel it is over all a much better design!! just my  :2cents:

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2007 - 05:38:01 PM »
Thanks - As soon as someone with photoshop/chop/dice gets a chance they are going to put a black shaker head on him and I like 71ChallengHer's idea of maybe the Mopar "M" as the tattoo.   

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2007 - 05:58:37 PM »
The "Mopar Muscle" was kind of an inside pun; "Mopar Muscle" on his muscle, get it? Seemed like a natural fit. Anyway, I think it would look a lot better if it were curved, or conformed to the shape of the muscle. I just don't quite know how to do that yet.

71challengher

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2007 - 07:29:36 PM »
You could use Mopar Muscle. Just use the style of lettering I posted.

Offline Top Banana

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2007 - 10:54:39 AM »
My Challenger has R/T on it, but no Mopar Muscle anywhere that I'm aware of!!  I thought R/T was symbolic of "Mopar muscle"???:2cents:
70 Challenger R/T 440 Convertible
64 Impala SS Convertible
72 BMW 3.0 CSL
77 Porsche 911S

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2007 - 08:37:11 PM »
Anyone going to put the finishing touches on it ???

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2007 - 09:24:03 PM »
 :popcorn:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl