Author Topic: Patriots' Day -- VT slaughter... Soo Sad.....  (Read 750 times)

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
Patriots' Day -- VT slaughter... Soo Sad.....
« on: April 16, 2007 - 01:59:56 PM »
Well, it appears another idiot has used a gun on a school campus.  This time it was Virginia Tech.  As of now, there are 32 dead including the shooter.  This is a sad day indeed.  My prayers go out to all the folks that had the misfortune of crossing paths with this maniac.  I also pray for the families that have lost loved ones...  When will these types of massacres stop happening?  It can't come soon enough.......   Ken
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007 - 02:13:19 PM by Old's Cool »
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Patriots' Day -- VT slaughter... Soo Sad.....
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007 - 02:12:31 PM »
That is very sad indeed . . .  :walkaway:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007 - 02:36:23 PM »
Just makes you wonder how deranged people can become. Also should make each of us realize things like this happen more and more, especially with all the world wide news coverage. It could have been at a mall, or a grocery store, anywhere actually. Most sad indeed.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007 - 02:59:00 PM »
I could swear some of these people are possessed!  :dunno: God bless them all and the families  :angelwings:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007 - 07:53:47 PM »
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline willhaven

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007 - 08:13:32 PM »
When will these types of massacres stop happening?
They happen every day all over the world and have since the beginning of time. Sadly, it will never end.

As long as there are enough people in the world, someone will snap and kill others.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007 - 06:17:25 AM »
How senseless! What would drive someone to be so angry to commit a crime against innocent young students?? :clueless: I am from VA and this has affected our local community. My prayers go out to all those affected by this tragedy. I hope those out there suffering from anger or rage issues find help, talk to someone, work it out through whatever means. I found peace through the greatest source of all peace. For me that is Jesus Christ! I just pray for our youth today; that they too might find inner peace!! I don't think the answer is in more laws, not to say that laws don't help, but it's in finding an answer to the problem that would drive a person to such a horrorific crime. I work with young people and see a lot of that anger in our youth today and we help them to work out such issues. There is hope!! :angelwings:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007 - 12:14:46 AM »
After watching the press coverage for the past couple hours on this subject and listening to reports done by UW-Madison students who were there while it happened, I can't believe colleges don't have a better way to filter out applicants with unstable mental illnesses.  I heard several channels bring up the fact that he had past psychological problems, so wouldn't there be stricter rules to help monitor students with similar problems?  I realize they cannot discriminate solely upon any mental illnesses, but something needs to be done as I've heard several national incidents since I've been in college and vividly remember the day in high school when the Columbine killings occurred.  It really makes me wonder, being a college student, when one of these nuts on my campus ever pushes themselves to such an extent as the VT student. (Our largest stir was some senior year student just committed suicide off-campus I believe last week or the week before that.  The first one in over something like a ten year span.)  It's rather sad knowing just how far some people in my generation are willing to go to relief themselves of life and aren't afraid to take any innocent bystanders with them. :-[
Another thing that's getting sad is how many are quick to blame guns for these problems, but what many don't realize is a gun is simply a tool that requires physical means to operate correctly. (hunter, gang member, pyschopath, etc.)  I'm sure the entire incident that he purchased the 9mm 35 days prior to this massacre will push for even harder legislation for the 95% of people who use guns for their intended purpose of game shooting or marksmanship tournaments; not killing people. :bricks1:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin