Author Topic: Spring Rod run in Pigeon Forge, huge turnout, tomorrow BG, Ky Mopar show.  (Read 579 times)

Offline gomangoRT/SE

Well I had to be in Knoxville Friday on business so I eased on down the rod run and car show in Pigeon Forge.   I had always heard of the major turnout for the fall rod run, but I believe someone said this was the first spring run.   It was great as 1000s of cars were in every hotel parking lot,and everywhere you could find a place to find a car near the road.   It was wonderful to see all kinds of cars, (especially muscle cars) everywhere.   The Chevrolets were very strong in attendance with of course the Chevelles and Camaros.   However there was a fair sized MOPAR contingent there with Challengers, Cudas, Roadrunners and GTXs.   I must say I saw some very line looking Dusters parked around in places.   The day was beautiful and the mood good and there were literally thousands and thousands of spectators from everywhere.   I did take some pictures and will post in about 5 dayas.  Sorry Im on the road, and tonite I drove to Bowling Green Ky to attend the MOPAR show here.   Again, I will take pics of this show tomorrow, and post pics from this show too.    While I am thinking about it,  there was a website I could go to  (Univ of Berkley Ca) I think, where I could reduce the size of my pictures.  Anyone have an easy to use place they go to, to reduce the pics?    I am on the road till Thurs nite, and I hope to post when I get home.   

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Sounds like a fun show!!  :woo:
I love looking at all the restored cars!! Like a kid with a new box of Lego's  :jumping: We're waiting with baited breath for the pics!! :droolingbounce:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
Gomango, The spring show has been going on for a few years but this it has been mostly bowties. It is a reunion for Chevelle, Nova and Camaros. In september there is a show called Shades of the Pastthat is for pre 1964 cars. The next week there is an Outlaw show, it is anything goes. Just be careful about burnouts on the street now but the Grand hotel has built a burnout pad.Plud next time please stay overnight and bring a lawn chair, sit on the sidewalk and watch all of the cars drive by. It beats walking
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Sorry but I had to!

:useless:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!