Author Topic: Message to friends  (Read 5946 times)

RedLine

Message to friends
« on: April 23, 2007 - 06:26:30 AM »
Our two desks are right next to each other in our office and for years I have sat side by side Rev sharing in her love for this board, you, our friends, and our cars.  This is a wonderful home with many brothers and a fewer sisters.  I've enjoyed the excitement and satisfaction of collaborating with Rev on many cccom projects and together we have produced many wonderful things here.  I've missed chatting with you all this last few months -- my job left little free time.  Before that I was working round the clock on the PixieDuster, and you know that story.

I believe our Challenger stands as proof that when two people pour their heart and soul into a shared goal, something like a miracle happens, something beautiful is created. 

Sadly, though we have worked at it for over 22 years, we haven't yet been able to make our marriage shine like our Challenger.  We have always been like best friends (and still are), but for many reasons we've not been able to develop a deep relationship, we've had many ups and downs, and we unfortunatly reached a breaking point recently.  Though we both hate to do this, in order to separate, we will have to sell the Challenger to raise cash.  We will put the Challenger up for sale here first, then to eBay.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Message to friends
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007 - 07:05:11 AM »

Redline, that is truly sad to hear my friend. As you know we've had our "heated" times but we have gotten over them rather quickly and as men do, moved on. I hope you stick around or at least pop in from time to time, likewise with Laura. The Challenger is a classy machine and it's going to suck not seeing it in your avatar/signature. Hopefully as some kind of constellation for us here, the new owner will join and the car will still be with us, as hopefully you will be too. You've obviously worked out what has to be done so I'm guessing there is no way to keep the Challenger? Certainly a sad time around here mate. Wish you, Laura & Pixie all the best in the years ahead.

Regards,
Carl

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007 - 07:26:10 AM »

Redline, that is truly sad to hear my friend. As you know we've had our "heated" times but we have gotten over them rather quickly and as men do, moved on. I hope you stick around or at least pop in from time to time, likewise with Laura. The Challenger is a classy machine and it's going to suck not seeing it in your avatar/signature. Hopefully as some kind of constellation for us here, the new owner will join and the car will still be with us, as hopefully you will be too. You've obviously worked out what has to be done so I'm guessing there is no way to keep the Challenger? Certainly a sad time around here mate. Wish you, Laura & Pixie all the best in the years ahead.

Regards,
Carl

:cheers:

Carl said it best.  I dont know what else to say.  Im sad, I guess?   :sadwavey:

Whatever your plans are, I hope they work out.   :-\

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007 - 07:43:01 AM »
To  Red and Rev.  Let me say that when I first saw your Challenger and the work you guys did it inspired me to do what I am doing now.  I didn't think I had enough knowledge or will to tear a car apart and start it over.  I know that from time to time though that family has to take a front seat to anything. When I joined CC,Com, it was because of  Red.  I am so glad I did because I have come to enjoy the fellowship and knowledge shared on this site.  I also know that sometimes things change and you have to move on to other priorities.  It is a shame to have to sell the Challenger you both worked on so hard but I think it is also very disapointing to hear the reason why.  I want to wish both of you the best for the future. One of my sons went thur a divorce so I know it isn't an easy thing to do.  Again, wishing you both the best.  If I can help in any way, please let me know.  Sincerely, David
Dave or David

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007 - 07:58:27 AM »
Even though I have never met you or your family personally I am very sad to hear about your break up. You all have been extreamly nice, kind and helpful to me and many others on the board. I know just buy reading post you are all very well respected and liked and I pray for you to stick around. I wish there were some magic words to say to make it all better but please just dwell on the good stuff and forget about the bad. I'm sure it will help make the future much more bearable.
Thank you for everything and Good Luck !
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007 - 08:32:46 AM »
That is truly sad, I wish you and Rev the well in the future and hope things all work out for the both of you.
PP
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007 - 08:36:12 AM »
Definitely a sad day here at cuda-challenger.com  . . .   :walkaway:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007 - 09:32:00 AM »
Personally knowing the both of you, this truly saddens me. If either of you needs an ear, I'm here for you.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007 - 10:24:33 AM »
Sorry to see this happen. I have yet to meet the both of you in person, but have had great conversations with you on the phone. I wish you both the best.
Fishn
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007 - 10:43:55 AM »
Definitely a sad day here at cuda-challenger.com  . . .   :walkaway:

That is an understatement!  Good luck you two.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline willhaven

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007 - 10:48:15 AM »
I've never met either of you, but I hope you're both able to hang around here still. You're both really helpful to have around the site.

Good luck with selling the car. I hope someone here buys it and keeps it "in the family."

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007 - 10:55:15 AM »
In our brief conversation last year at Carlisle I found you both to be very good people and am somewhat shocked at this news. Ive been through those times and can truly relate to  how devastating this can be. So,, I'm hoping for the absolute best for you both  and although it may seem hard now things WILL work out for the best.
Doug
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007 - 11:28:44 AM »
 :iagree: with everyone.
I am very sorry like everyone else but I hope everything works out for the best.  To me the Challenger is secondary compared to the people involved and afterall it's just a car. Thank you for letting us know and I'm sure sometime soon things will get better.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007 - 11:37:39 AM »
I don't know either of you personall either. From what we have had for conversations on this board it's truely a sad day. Best of luck to the both of you!!
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline blown 502 hemi

• thats me baby
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007 - 11:43:07 AM »
im sorry for you both and your loss may the best of luck be with you both and may the new owner of the challanger respect it and keep its beuty forever and may the to of you find what you are in search of

Best of luck

Justin
ooo yea baby.... 0-300 in 3 seconds....