Author Topic: Message to friends  (Read 5949 times)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Message to friends
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2007 - 12:36:16 AM »
This is just awful in so many ways  :walkaway:
 I feel I know both of you fairly well & absolutly love spending time with both of you , I never saw this coming , I have watched all 3 of you work though  alot of growth & problems, halting the build on the car to build the garage & then getting the car finished working together on it !! I never imagined , it would end like this especially having to sell the car , my impression [obviously wrong ] is that you make an Awesome team . I really cannot express how this makes me feel  :pullinghair:
 The only way this could get worse is to lose you here as well , I hope you both stay members here as I do not want to lose either of you   , I am far more thankful that I decided to visit you last summer now knowing I could never repeat the experience , I had a blast .
 I wish the best for both of you & Heather & Brian too, if any of you need to talk or need any help I will make time for you ....
Neil   
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007 - 12:41:43 AM by Chryco Psycho »

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2007 - 03:06:17 PM »
Perfectly and beautifully stated. We all are sadened and lost for words to truly describe our heart felt thoughts. CP, you've said it best friend.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2007 - 03:37:34 PM »
Perfectly and beautifully stated. We all are sadened and lost for words to truly describe our heart felt thoughts. CP, you've said it best friend.

I agree

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2007 - 03:44:54 PM »
Wow... I truly am saddened to hear of such an unfortunate development. I had the pleasure of meeting the both of you at Carlisle, and it was quite an enjoyable time.

Best of luck as you both move forward.

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2007 - 09:20:48 PM »
All I can say after reading through this conversation is WOW. This is a true testament to how much you two mean to this community. Knowing how coveted of a prize that Challenger would be to anyone here and not one word about it. The only thing that I have read are words of support. If you were to post this elsewhere you would have had people knocking your door down to give them a price for the car. It seems like everyone just skipped over that part and went directly to the support. You are both obviously very special people to have an impact like this on such a large group of people. Although, it does sound like it is quite civil between the two of you and that is so important. Don't let anything destroy the good memories that you have between the two of you, they are too important to throw away over trivial crap.       

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2007 - 12:12:41 AM »
Well, Chris and Laura there isn't really anything I can say that hasn't been said already.  I wish the both of you good luck and happiness in whatever comes your way.  Not that it will change anything, but it is your car and website that made me think I could take on a project.  You are a great source of inspiration for me and I thank you for the help with my seat restoration.

I looked and looked... there isn't a smilie that shows how I feel right now.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2007 - 01:24:35 PM »
My absolute best wishes to the both of you!
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2007 - 08:51:28 AM »
This truly saddens me. Chris when we met last year I had a great time. One I will remember for a long time. I had hoped one day to meet you and your family at Carlisle.
All the best to you and your family.

Mal
71 Challenger R/T 383 4spd - 1 of 10 known to have been built for canada - restored
70 Charger R/T SE 440 auto - restored

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2007 - 09:01:12 AM »
This is just awful in so many ways  :walkaway:
 I feel I know both of you fairly well & absolutly love spending time with both of you , I never saw this coming , I have watched all 3 of you work though  alot of growth & problems, halting the build on the car to build the garage & then getting the car finished working together on it !! I never imagined , it would end like this especially having to sell the car , my impression [obviously wrong ] is that you make an Awesome team . I really cannot express how this makes me feel  :pullinghair:
 The only way this could get worse is to lose you here as well , I hope you both stay members here as I do not want to lose either of you   , I am far more thankful that I decided to visit you last summer now knowing I could never repeat the experience , I had a blast .
 I wish the best for both of you & Heather & Brian too, if any of you need to talk or need any help I will make time for you ....
Neil   

:iagree:   Sad turn of events for sure.  You guys are all great folks.  This just proves that sometimes bad things happen to good folks.   All of you keep your heads up.  From someone who has seen more than one family tragedy in my old life, it gets better with time.  If you can all remain friends through this, it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.  As many have said here  --  if any of you need an understanding ear, you have my number.  Please stay in touch with your C-C family......     :bigshades:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Videomagician

• settlemoir.tv
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2007 - 11:35:32 PM »
I haven't been around much the last few years due to work but am sad to hear this news.  I hope everything works out for the best for everyone involved.

David

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye w/440
2002 Chrysler Town and Country eX
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4WD Hemi

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2007 - 05:10:19 PM »
Rev and Red,
Good luck to each of you however this turns out.   My wife and I have been through this divoce stuff twice with each other. Guess what?    We are still together and now she says she will drive the Cuda once I finish it.   Both of you have to want to be there, for it to work. If it does, so be it, if not, life is too short to be with someone you don't like or someone that doesn't appreciate you. 

Rob
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007 - 02:32:15 PM by shelbydogg »
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

cudahob

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2007 - 12:52:06 PM »
Ok, I came out of hidding so I am here now.
This is a blow to my brain, I'm speechless and sad.
I'm vacationing down in Texas, and haven't been posting at all since Feb; I do pop in once in awhile.
In all my time knowing you guys nothing on the internet has shocked me more than this.
Even though I don't know you personally, I always thought of you both as good friends.

May your blessing be many, and make happyness your friend.

Ed
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007 - 12:55:18 PM by cudahob »

Offline 43gator

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2007 - 03:07:00 AM »
I may not be a long standing member of the site but I wanted to throw my :2cents: in as well ... I can honestly tell you I've been there and it's a very hard and scary transition. Making a decision of this magnatude is a total life changing experience and I wish you all the luck in the world as you move forward!! I joined this site because of you guys and your restoration page and as a result of that I finally realized my dream of owning another Challenger this last fall. If any of you need someone to talk to, vent on or whatever don't hesitate to drop me a line. Until then, remember to take care and remember we'll always be here for you.

Gator

daves70

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2007 - 05:46:01 PM »
I just learned today of what was happening. I'm deeply saddened. Laura, you have been there for me when I needed it most. Chris, you helped me get on the 2007 calendar. It's hard to believe that 2 people who shared so much are going their seperate ways, but it happens. Best of luck to the two of you. :grinyes: It's sad you have to sell that BEAUTIFUL car. Dave

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2007 - 05:50:25 AM »
Thanks guys.  It's been a tough road the last couple of weeks... but we're working through it. I appreciate all your support.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!