73 340 4 speed Challenger, about as nice as you will ever find !!!

Author Topic: 73 340 4 speed Challenger, about as nice as you will ever find !!!  (Read 1555 times)

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Posting this car for a friend, but I am pretty familiar with the car.   This is probably about the nicest 73 Challenger you will ever find.   2 broadcast sheets, original window sticker.    340 4 speed with a/c.   B5, white top, interior and stripes.   Numbers motor on stand, fresh 69 340 in the car with numbers tranny   Car has about 800 miles since rotisserie restoration.  This isn’t a lipstick on a pig car.   My buddy restored this car to be shown and driven.   The bottom of car is undercoated, but the b5 paint under the undercoating is nicer than most trailer queens.   Car needs about a days worth of cleaning under neath from being driven.

I could rattle on forever about the car, but seriously interested parties can contact me at psrde@aol.com   For more details.   EVERYTHING, and I mean everything on the car is either new, NOS or restored to a very high level.

The punch list of things I could pick apart on it after taking 90 pictures, the inside mirror stem needs to be painted, needs correct trunk exhaust plates, has a 70-71 unsilenced air cleaner which Tim preferred, needs a door jamb sticker, 73 wouldn’t have a space saver spare and needs a rear speaker fader on the heater control panel.   Has 70 style bumpers.   Sure, you could tear the car apart if your going for Gold at the Nats as far as paint daubs etc.., but for a BEAUTIFULLY restored show car and driver, that is about what you may choose to address.

The car is near Grand Rapids Michigan and has never been seen outside of the area.

Looking for $35,900 OBO   which you could not duplicate the car for if you know all of what has been done to it and see it in person.   Paul psrde@aol.com

Here is a link to 95 pictures.

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/psrde/Tims%20Challenger/

Offline back n black

Re: 73 340 4 speed Challenger, about as nice as you will ever find !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007 - 07:25:35 PM »
Good looking car.  You don't see too many 72 - 74 cars restored this nice.  Good luck with the sale. :bigsmile:

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007 - 05:06:36 AM »
Good looking car.  You don't see too many 72 - 74 cars restored this nice.  Good luck with the sale. :bigsmile:
  Thanks, and yes, my buddy definately deserves an attaboy on the car.   I sold a very nice numbers 360 4 speed Cuda recently and your right.   It is WAY harder to find a NICE 72-74 E body than a 70-71.   Check out Cudaworld, there is usually 50-60 70-71 Cudas for sale, and usually 10 or less 72-74s.   I know they are priced in different fields, but I would take my buddies car over alot of the similiarly priced early cars that are not that nice.   Color/stripe combination on this car is awesome.

Offline back n black

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007 - 08:26:58 AM »
I would have figured more people would discuss this car.  I wonder if the price is too high for a 73?  Cuda's are starting to hit near that money so why not a challenger?

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007 - 05:00:51 AM »
I would have figured more people would discuss this car.  I wonder if the price is too high for a 73?  Cuda's are starting to hit near that money so why not a challenger?
  I won't argue the price is high, but for someone looking for a NICE 72-74 Challenger, this one would be hard to beat.   You could not duplicate this car today for the asking price.   My 74 Cuda brought 35k, and although a great car, wasn't restored anywhere near the detail this car is.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007 - 05:06:30 AM »

I think the price is about right, perhaps a "tad" too high but looks well worth every penny.
Numbers matching (or complete with) cool, cool, options and a nice colour.

Good luck with the sale (well, your friends sale anyhow).
Ps: Always helps to post one photo in your first post to get more attention. ;)

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline back n black

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007 - 09:32:45 AM »
That is definately a good looking car.  That challenger has a lot going for it and would be way more affordable to buy then a 70 or 71 that is as nice and desirable.  I personally don't feel like your out of line with what you are asking.  It's just rare that you see such a nice late model e body for sale period.  :ylsuper:NZ posting a picture should help some.  Good Luck!

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007 - 10:08:04 PM »
Just takes one person to have had a car like that in High School to pay the price.  :2thumbs: The car is very nice the color combo looks great.

Lunch

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007 - 04:31:22 AM »
Just takes one person to have had a car like that in High School to pay the price.  :2thumbs: The car is very nice the color combo looks great.

Lunch
  Couldn't agree more with this comment.   All of these cars are expensive anymore, and some people have tall money to spend on a car.   I would think a guy with some money in his pocket would be all over this car if a similiar had great memories for him.