Author Topic: T/A TO AUSTRALIA  (Read 1064 times)

Offline ozrt4406

T/A TO AUSTRALIA
« on: April 27, 2007 - 07:11:27 AM »
hey you guys , im starting to get real excited now , to cut a long story short, i was going to head over to the USA to pack up the t/a i bought off    moparman440 (garry your a legend mate !!!!!!,) :ylsuper: buy some parts and head home back to oz, anyway a my doc wont let me go ( another long story ) so my boss is over there at the the moment in atlanta packing my car and his stuff into the container , lucky bastard anyway he emails me at work to tell me how nice and green the countryside is and how it hurts his eyes ( we are in bad drought here , its been going on ten years ) and how nice a time he is having while im at work slaving away fixing cars for him .im about to order my parts from year one as our dollar is the best its been for years at 83.2 us cents so we are getting a fairly good exchange rate.the t/a should land here in around 8/9 weeks hopefully . i also got some goodies waiting there i had already bought  a 671 hampton blower kit complete for a 440 , 2 pairs of longrams , a couple of cam kits , a complete 440/727 and a couple of early hemis tosell to help out on freight costs, i just cant wait to get my teeth into this t/a although it will be a long project it will be worth it
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
Re: T/A TO AUSTRALIA
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007 - 07:15:18 AM »
Congratulations.  Always a nice feeling to be starting a new project. And, as everyone here is fond of saying
 :useless:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007 - 07:24:31 AM »
i dont really have any pics yet but i will post them when it gets here fresh out of the container, and the resto as i go along .

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007 - 03:26:02 PM »
Great news!  Glad to hear your baby will be going home!

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007 - 04:33:53 PM »
Met some of your contrymen the other day. Three firefighters from Melbourne. They were at Spring Carlisle, and decided to come up my way and take a look at a car I have for sale. We had a very good time filling each other in on the differences of how things are done here and there. Very nice fellows. They really like their beer.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007 - 05:05:32 PM »
Sound like you have good reason to be excited!!  Can't wait to see those pictures when you unload it from the container!   :bananasmi   :bananasmi   :bananasmi

Offline VTMopar

• '70 Challenger Convertible, '74 Challenger Rallye,
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007 - 05:09:59 PM »
Carly Simon sang it best ............       A N T I C I P A T I O N   ......

:droolingbounce:

Vermont MOPAR
VT MOPAR

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007 - 05:16:24 PM »
Sounds like your getting closer to getting your T/A, you must be getting 'real excited about now.

Thats a very interesting pic you got there for your avitar, Iv always wanted to get a Valiant panel van and do it up as a VH R/T.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007 - 09:26:04 PM »

Congrats mate, hopefully I'll be waiting for my car from the States in the not so distant future. By the way, I resized your avatar for you. This way we see the photo as a whole, not half a wheel and a splash of orange LOL.

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007 - 11:06:16 PM »
thanks for that nz i have been trying to work out how to do that !!! heres some of my other projects im working on while waitng for the t/a to arrive , cl sports van wil be 318/727 and my girlfriends vc sedan 318/904 straight lp gas , 360 j heads , impco 425 gas carb etc not far away from paint now as i have basically finished all the mechanical stuff , the van will be similar to my avitar but i reckon silver and black to match the challenger i reckon,although im a non drinker yes us aussies love a beer or two...........hundred... its the heat that does it!!!ive got a lot of parts for the t/a already and now the dollar is up its not so bad .cant wait for it to arrive , it should be laeaving in about two weeks , then 6/8 weeks shipping so i im counting down the sleeps!!!oh yeah thats my 62 phoenix sed 440/727 to finish as well.so many projects ... so little time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007 - 11:52:11 PM »

No worries mate, you're welcome, looks lots better.
Not to draw you or anyone away but you should also join my forum: www.nzmoparforum.com

Just because most of the guys there own the Aussie chryslers, VGs, VEs etc etc
Just a bit of Mopar closer to home. Also American Mopars of course.  ;)

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007 - 02:39:18 AM »
thanks for that nz i have been trying to work out how to do that !!! heres some of my other projects im working on while waitng for the t/a to arrive , cl sports van wil be 318/727 and my girlfriends vc sedan 318/904 straight lp gas , 360 j heads , impco 425 gas carb etc not far away from paint now as i have basically finished all the mechanical stuff , the van will be similar to my avitar but i reckon silver and black to match the challenger i reckon,although im a non drinker yes us aussies love a beer or two...........hundred... its the heat that does it!!!ive got a lot of parts for the t/a already and now the dollar is up its not so bad .cant wait for it to arrive , it should be laeaving in about two weeks , then 6/8 weeks shipping so i im counting down the sleeps!!!oh yeah thats my 62 phoenix sed 440/727 to finish as well.so many projects ... so little time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is the van getting VH front sheetmetal?
I used to dream of getting a CL drifter and basically building a one-of-none VH E49 panel van - in alpine white, of course (I have seen the only white R/T E49 in pictures and on tv a few times, and the white looks absolutely amazing)

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007 - 05:13:08 AM »
yep vh rt front etc i also converted it to five seater using all the station wagon rear seats, seat belt mountings etc so it folds down just like a wagon set up , so that way ive got a five seater van or 2 seater van  with a full floor , its a good conv looks factory!!paint color will be silver or ba falcon "phantom purple "basically deep purple metallic, was thinking to convert to r& p steering , i drove a nice drifter with r& p its so much better than the valiant steer set up .