Author Topic: Parking and side marking ligths..???  (Read 823 times)

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
Parking and side marking ligths..???
« on: April 28, 2007 - 07:46:13 AM »
-
When on parking ligth, I only got the rear, and one rear side marking ligth on ( the other one migth be the bulp)..???

Nothing in front, no front sidemarkings, no dash ligths, and no ligths when doors are open..???

Fuse, or major electrical issue..???
MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline vinb

• Resident
Re: Parking and side marking ligths..???
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007 - 09:23:37 AM »
Check the grounds, front by the battery tray on the radiator support and the rear ground on the rear body panel...maybe....

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007 - 01:41:22 AM »
-
Grounds is 112% OK...???

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007 - 03:53:02 AM »
For your side marker light in the back that doesn't work, it could be the bulb, or the socket not making good contact with body ground.

For the front, do your headlights work? If so, check the bulbs that are not working. The front parking lights are 1157's, and I don't remember what the side numbers are. The front parking lights take obuse being that the housings are exposed to the outside world. The housings MUST have a good ground connection. If your car was painted recently, that could be a problem. Another thing is the condition of the socket itself, along with the wiring. The socket could be rusty, and the wiring could be brittle from age. You might need a new front wiring harness if the wiring is at fault here.

Your dash lights not working is probably a bad dimmer switch on your panel. Those commonly die.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007 - 03:56:43 AM »
-
I got one of the front parking ligths of the car, and der is no power in the wire..???

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007 - 06:29:26 AM »
-
Would be wise not to tell you this...

I dont know nothing about the electrical system..  But tryed out several options...
Got all ligths incl. sidemarkers back to function (bulps)...

Still absolutly no power in front, front sidemarkers, and dash..???

Then I tryed to send the power backwards into the system..(Dont you try that out)..!!!  :bricks1:
The wire burned my fingers 3. degree   :stomp:      Power gone all over the car... :1zhelp:

Tryed to find a main fuse..??? NOPE..  Put it all together again - and suddently, - Every thing is functional incl. the dash.. :bigsmile:

Must have been the connection true the firewall kidddin me... :roflsmiley:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007 - 09:57:03 AM »
Oh MAAAAN, you scared me there!!  :22yikes:  :22yikes:  :22yikes:

If you don't understand what you are doing, just ask. I've been thru these problems before. Yes, the connection to the firewall bulkhead connector was going to my next suggestion. I'm glad you found the problem. Isn't electronics fun?  :pullinghair:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.