Author Topic: Some Car Shows - Suxxx.  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Madmax440

Some Car Shows - Suxxx.
« on: April 30, 2007 - 07:23:26 PM »
Went to a car show yesterday and I was the only E Body there. There was also a 70 Charger R/T, but that was it for the Mopars. There were approximately 175 cars there and they gave out trophies to the top 45. The announcer must of had one hell of a memory because as he was announcing the winners he was able to remember all of their names without looking at a paper. I thought that there was a teleprompter hidden up there somewhere. Needless to say, but will never attend another show put on by that club again. I don't expect to get a trophy from every show that I attend, but come on whats fair is fair. They gave me a ballot when I registered, I should have voted for myself - I would have gotten one vote then.

Is this how the voting is normally done - A popularity vote where everyone is voting for their buddies ??? I ain't got no Buddies.     

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: Some Car Shows - Suxxx.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007 - 08:55:47 PM »
Sounds like thats why there were only 2 mopars there to begin with.   :-\

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007 - 09:35:21 PM »
Tropies are overrated. They need to be dusted off every so often, and I hate dusting.  ;)

Lots of small shows play favorites when it comes to awards.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007 - 09:59:08 PM »

More than likely jealousy. If the car is real nice and people rave about it, the "man" in charge may not like hearing about these types of cars. I've been to one show, no awards there or anything but the photos were taken for the club and posted on their site. They took photos of a lot of cars except Lucy. They took a photo of a 74? Mustang that look like hell but still no Lucy. Lucy had a tonne of attention. I know the guys organising it, one is a friend of my Sisters who is some what jealous of my car situatuon and isn't shy on letting me know.....I'm sure he said don't post photos of "that" car on our site. Does it bother me? LMAO - Nope! :smokin:

This was the only photo on their site with Lucy in it.....can you spot her?
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007 - 10:06:11 PM »
I actually would like to be the only e body at the shows, that would be cool!  Then everyone can drool!   :drool:   :drool:

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007 - 10:19:17 PM »

More than likely jealousy. If the car is real nice and people rave about it, the "man" in charge may not like hearing about these types of cars. I've been to one show, no awards there or anything but the photos were taken for the club and posted on their site. They took photos of a lot of cars except Lucy. They took a photo of a 74? Mustang that look like hell but still no Lucy. Lucy had a tonne of attention. I know the guys organising it, one is a friend of my Sisters who is some what jealous of my car situatuon and isn't shy on letting me know.....I'm sure he said don't post photos of "that" car on our site. Does it bother me? LMAO - Nope! :smokin:

This was the only photo on their site with Lucy in it.....can you spot her?

Hell yeah I can spot her. That beautiful Challenger sticks out from the rest even from a distance. I love that car.
Dave

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007 - 10:31:16 PM »
Hell yeah I can spot her. That beautiful Challenger sticks out from the rest even from a distance. I love that car.

Thanks mate, wish you were organising the event! Most of the cars around Lucy got their photo taken (which I'm sure Lucy did) but those cars were posted on their web page showing what cars were at the event. I'm not saying Lucy is queen bee or anything but the cars next to her were not the best. :-[ She had good attention for sure and when I popped the hood and left I turned around to see ants to food. LOL Quite funny seeing heaps of people around my car, I'm not big on the show scene but it was quite nice to see her being appreciated.

:cheers:

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007 - 04:12:57 AM »
That's interesting. I've not been to too many shows. I don't think I've ever been to one where the awards were given out according ballot votes. The shows I've attended had the entrants judged by a panel of judges. Cars were looked at according to entry class and then judged on various categories such as engine, paint, interior, undercarriage ect. and given points on a scale of say 1 to 20 for each category. You can have judges with a bug up their bum if ya know what I mean, but with a panel of more than one judge, it's usually done more fairly as it's harder to sway a whole panel of judges than it is just one!!  :2thumbs: By the way, Lucy looks sweet!! I'd have given her an award!! :biggrin:

Matt B.

Matt

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007 - 04:28:10 AM »

By the way, Lucy looks sweet!! I'd have given her an award!! :biggrin:       

Thanks Matt, too kind. :cheers:

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007 - 06:56:15 AM »
In a sea of 68,69 Camaros, Chevels, every year Corvette, and Mustangs, I like being the only Cuda at a car show.
I always leave after a couple hours so I don't collect awards.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007 - 09:16:18 AM »
I quit taking my cars to brand X shows years ago. I only take mine to all Mopar shows so I have to travel alot. There are no Mopar shows locally so we road trip in the summer. The last all brand show I was at it was so ovious the chevys then the fords and if there wasn't anything else the award would go to a Mopar.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline ted

• 74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007 - 09:46:04 AM »
if did that i would only make 5 shows a year.

I quit taking my cars to brand X shows years ago. I only take mine to all Mopar shows so I have to travel alot. There are no Mopar shows locally so we road trip in the summer. The last all brand show I was at it was so ovious the chevys then the fords and if there wasn't anything else the award would go to a Mopar.
74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007 - 01:26:58 PM »
I know of one car show I think it is all Mopar, takes place sometime in July in some little town in PA.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?  :roflsmiley:
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007 - 03:32:43 PM »
Lucy definately is sticking out like a sore thumb. Was the parking of other cars in front of her intended or did that just happen ??? I agree that I don't need any more d**n trophies, I have two or three pool trophies that mean something special and they aren't necessarily the largest ones either. Its just like its a little affirmation and acclaim for all of your hard work. I would rather attend a show where the attendees cast the votes, You know the little people. Whom without them and the grace of.......
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007 - 03:34:15 PM by Madmax440 »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007 - 03:37:28 PM »
To be honest. I hate car shows. I would rather go to a cruise-in and hang out with real people, no matter what make of car they drive.  :2cents: I have enough trophies from playing softball all these years.  :lol:  :lol2:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.