Author Topic: Replacement Leafsprings and all hardware?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline HP2

• Resident
Re: Replacement Leafsprings and all hardware?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007 - 06:28:31 AM »
Just curious, but since all new dodge truck springs are made in mexico, and have been since the early 90s, why don't we see/hear of all sorts of problems with truck springs from the last decade and a half?

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007 - 06:41:26 PM »
The problem with the SuperStock springs, the material is not as good as the old and the main leafs are a little thinner. As far as the Truck springs they are different and your really not looking for traction like a race car..

Offline Mt.St.BigBlock

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007 - 07:33:13 PM »
It would be nice if the Mopar magazine editors would get some nerve and start writing
some honest quality review type articles instead of the "infomercial" style how we
did it articles. Now this Mopar XHD spring thing has been going on long enough that
I would think they'd have some metalergical accellerated wear testing done and report
on it. That would be info we could really use!   :blah: :blah: :blah:   Jeff

71 cuda 383 3spd manual gy9

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007 - 07:45:23 PM »
It would be nice if the Mopar magazine editors would get some nerve and start writing
some honest quality review type articles instead of the "infomercial" style 

The problem there is that what pays the bills at a magazine is the ads, and if you tell the truth about a bad product the supplier quits buying ads. The flip side of this is Consumer Reports, which doesn't run ads, but frequently doesn't have anyone one on staff who really understands what they're testing.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline FTT843

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007 - 09:03:39 PM »
Sorry I took so long to reply, ive been hella busy. We mostly just go tear up the back roads around potomac, the car probly wont see much track time. So were really just looking to keep a streetable ride but stiff enough to take the power.

Im currently waiting on a catalog from espo..