Author Topic: Parting out a 70 R/T  (Read 5512 times)

Offline SilverChally

Re: Parting out a 70 R/T
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007 - 10:20:15 PM »
:iagree:  I was wondering that same thing. an R/T air car is rare enough and the thing looks pretty solid  :crazy:

Got one in my shop now ;D
70 challenger project
68 satellite

k98blitz

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007 - 03:48:52 PM »
Sorry everyone, i am in the middle of selling the whole car, maybe. If i do not, i will sell these parts, they will be listed with prices.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007 - 04:14:07 PM »
Sorry everyone, i am in the middle of selling the whole car, maybe. If i do not, i will sell these parts, they will be listed with prices.

Please sell the car whole and avoid the angry villagers of cc.com...

:villagers:

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007 - 04:38:33 PM »

Sell the whole car. It deserves that.
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline Haney

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007 - 07:17:05 PM »
Where are you located?
1969 Barracuda Coupe, 340, 4-speed

Offline 71RTSEWagon-Conv

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007 - 07:50:04 AM »
What do you want for whole car. or body only you can keep trim and drive train to sell if you need. I plenty of that stuff anyway.
71 Challenger R/T se Wagon, 71 Challenger Conv [Pace Car], 69 Charger R/T 4x4, 70 Sunroof Superbird clone, 70 Superbird Conv clone, 69 Daytona 4x4 clone, 67 Fury wagon limo factory, 70 Swinger conv, 78 Super Coupe, 78 Super Coupe Sedan Delivery, and some GMs [sorry] 70 GTO conv, 73 Z28, and more

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007 - 05:44:25 PM »
Looks too solid to be a parts car.  I hope you sell it whole.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline 440WhiteBoy

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007 - 07:03:26 AM »
just to let some of you know...
when I first seen this Add I too said to him ------DO NOT Destroy this car!

Im working this out with him for the whole car - parts and all.
 It does have its problems from the past.

I now see the picture after talking to him a few times. He first wanted to part it out because of the rust decay it has - after looking at it will need extensive surgery.  so far the tortion cross member has to be replaced from a large section missing from rust, the above floors had steel plates layed over the rusted pans - looks like it needs the whole front pan piece with the hump across section replaced. with that said then the front frames rear ends Im sure will need attention of maybe R & R.
the rear shock tower frame is gone - so it needs a new one installed. the quarters were done before - looks like about 5/8 up - those need full quarters now and the trunk extentions are gone - so those will need installed with the trunk pan.
hood looks bad, trunk lid may be also. rear window bottom sail panel looks like it needs replaced. dont know about the above window roof header or the front window? the inner fenders need the hinge area patched both sides, maybe the weld seams below them along the firewall and in front of next to the rad support?  He also has said the doors bottoms had rust years before with the fenders all had patchs.
 Black Primer is over it on the needed repairs under the bondo from the earlier repairs. Still need to review the other important area's in question.
seats are damaged with the driver bottom the worse. guages look surface corroded faded. steering wheel is pitted.
parts are missing and its all a basketcase.

They only see ***STARS***
when hit by a MOPAR !!!

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007 - 08:55:07 AM »
Sounds like alot of work.  It will be worth it in the end.  Do you have any pics of the terrible areas?  Please post some pics when you purchase the car so we may all drool on the work you are about to do.  thanks for letting us know what's happening!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007 - 04:29:08 PM »
just to let some of you know...
when I first seen this Add I too said to him ------DO NOT Destroy this car!

Im working this out with him for the whole car - parts and all.
 It does have its problems from the past.

I now see the picture after talking to him a few times. He first wanted to part it out because of the rust decay it has - after looking at it will need extensive surgery.  so far the tortion cross member has to be replaced from a large section missing from rust, the above floors had steel plates layed over the rusted pans - looks like it needs the whole front pan piece with the hump across section replaced. with that said then the front frames rear ends Im sure will need attention of maybe R & R.
the rear shock tower frame is gone - so it needs a new one installed. the quarters were done before - looks like about 5/8 up - those need full quarters now and the trunk extentions are gone - so those will need installed with the trunk pan.
hood looks bad, trunk lid may be also. rear window bottom sail panel looks like it needs replaced. dont know about the above window roof header or the front window? the inner fenders need the hinge area patched both sides, maybe the weld seams below them along the firewall and in front of next to the rad support?  He also has said the doors bottoms had rust years before with the fenders all had patchs.
 Black Primer is over it on the needed repairs under the bondo from the earlier repairs. Still need to review the other important area's in question.
seats are damaged with the driver bottom the worse. guages look surface corroded faded. steering wheel is pitted.
parts are missing and its all a basketcase.

I am taking a Challenger apart slowly for what I need.  It will have the shock tower and the torsion bar cross member you will need that I don't.  I am parting this car with a spot weld cutter.  I wish I had done some others that way. I might have a pair of doors also. The seats in the R/T you are trying to get are 71 units.  The rear can be redone with 70 upholstry and be correct.  70 upholstry will fit the front seats but the release button to tilt the seat forward will be wrong.  Since it is a U code car it is still worth the effort. 
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

k98blitz

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007 - 12:20:46 AM »
My basketcase!   The Story....i want my 70 R/T to have a new tube frame/rollcage, with the firewall cut out, so i can set the twinturbo 440/6 speed behind the front tires, and i must move the front seats back, and take the back ones out. I have owned this car for 14 years. before the rod went, it was a perfect driver. As far as basket case, my Challenger is stronger than ur OEM rides. The trunk was fine, someone put a back and forth shifter in it so the floor started rusting towards the steering wheel. After cutting out the rust, i put a thicker steel floor in it. One shock tower was broke, so i beefed up the rear with steel and made better ones. Why am i cutting up a R/T and making it custom? Because its mine, and i can. At first i thought someone would come get all the parts i dont want, ebay is the only way to go for that. I want to build it to handle better than the new one coming out, and a hell of a lot faster. Going back original does not make any since for me. At first i was going to do it to a 72-74 and clone it to a 70 R/T on the outside. The replys to this post to made me sure i want to do this to my car, and not fake anything.

k98blitz

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007 - 01:13:53 AM »
It needs complete rear fenders both sides, the rust it had, is no bigger than a golf on the door tips, and tips of fenders, i wire wheeled the rust out and filled it with a little body filler to paint it, and drive it, so what, i was 18 and could not afford to do it right, and drove it for 4 years in Denver. Blew it up in Houston, its set in my dads pole barn since 2000, The paint started looking like crap, so i was going to prime it up, and drive it for fun. But its getting independent coil-overs, and some bad ass ball bearing turbos before it gets drivin again.

Offline 440WhiteBoy

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007 - 07:36:59 AM »
hey steve,

since we have invested so much time together on the phone,
I still would want your left over parts for my build --
 for Im doing the opposite of you in bringing back a drag car to stock in cutting out the backhalf stuff-

They only see ***STARS***
when hit by a MOPAR !!!

Offline challenger71

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007 - 04:02:59 PM »
I am looking for a set of fenders and a drivers inner fender for the 70-71 challenger.  Still got any of that? Where are you located?
10 years in the making......

Offline challenger71

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007 - 08:30:44 AM »
How much for the k-frame and driveshaft? I live in Illinois so include shipping too.
10 years in the making......