Author Topic: Parting out a 70 R/T  (Read 5511 times)

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: Parting out a 70 R/T
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2007 - 10:27:37 AM »
challenger71, I believe he is keeping everything, he stated that in one of the above posts.   :2thumbs:

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007 - 10:40:27 AM »
My basketcase! Why am i cutting up a R/T and making it custom? Because its mine, and i can. 

:grinyes:

:smilielol:

Offline 440WhiteBoy

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007 - 07:32:12 AM »
-

Im still in the process of working out this deal with him -

- :dunno: yet but maybe it will be  :cheers:

-
They only see ***STARS***
when hit by a MOPAR !!!

Offline mopardwh

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2007 - 01:36:19 PM »

Sell the whole car. It deserves that.
:blah:
Does every car deserve an OEM restoration??? Personally I think it's stupid. It's one thing if the car is halfway close to original, but why spend countless time and dollars putting it back to exactly how it came? Just to be sold on the BJ so the value can continue to skyrocket into oblivian. Besides, do you guys like getting beat by ricers because your too stuborn to change your points, manifolds, brakes, etc. etc. etc....... :smilielol:   

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2007 - 01:42:19 PM »
:blah:
Does every car deserve an OEM restoration??? Personally I think it's stupid. It's one thing if the car is halfway close to original, but why spend countless time and dollars putting it back to exactly how it came? Just to be sold on the BJ so the value can continue to skyrocket into oblivian. Besides, do you guys like getting beat by ricers because your too stuborn to change your points, manifolds, brakes, etc. etc. etc....... :smilielol:   

Welcome aboard mopardwh.

Obviously your new here.  :roflsmiley:
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2007 - 01:48:39 PM »
You seem to have stumbled onto our board.  There are a good group of people here.  If you will go through the posts here you will see that many people feel that it is not necessary to restore their cars.  Others like to have everything the way it came including points.  Others like it somewhere in between.  Some like 17 or 18 inch wheels.  Others won't part with their original 14's.  The one thing we all have in common is we like the Ebody cars; and many don't like the "ricers"  We try to keep it friendly here without hazing or bickering. We will poke fun and have a few laughs.  With all that in mind I would like to extend you a welcome to the board.  We have a newbie section where you can introduce yourself if you would like.  
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007 - 06:42:58 AM by Challenger6pak »
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2007 - 04:43:19 PM »
Guys, its his brothers car, I know him from another board. 

You best introduce yourself Doug.   :2thumbs:

Offline mopardwh

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2007 - 12:11:14 AM »
Guys, its his brothers car, I know him from another board. 

You best introduce yourself Doug.   :2thumbs:
What's up Steven. :thumbsup: I've actually scrolled this board several times in the past and even registered awhile ago. Just never felt the need to participate since I don't own an E-body. But thanks for the welcome guys. I'm sure there are many mixed views, I just get defensive when I see a biast slant from the opposite spectrum. I'm all about the different directions of the hobby, too bad others aren't.   

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2007 - 04:28:30 AM »
What's up Steven. :thumbsup: I've actually scrolled this board several times in the past and even registered awhile ago. Just never felt the need to participate since I don't own an E-body. But thanks for the welcome guys. I'm sure there are many mixed views, I just get defensive when I see a biast slant from the opposite spectrum. I'm all about the different directions of the hobby, too bad others aren't.   

Welcome to the board. What you state is the simple beauty of this place, there is something for EVERYONE here. Some people want a nice restomod, others want a bone stock restoration, others like me just want a decent driver. I think in the case of the car you are talking about, it is a challenge to some to bring a car back from the brink of the crusher. Are there really too far gone cars that are brought back to life? sure there are. I would venture to say that far more super solid project cars are sacrificed at the altar of Part and Profit though  :walkaway:  I love this place and the people here. The fact that there is a wealth of information about the cars we love is just icing on the cake.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*