Author Topic: Pics of my '73 Rallye  (Read 7346 times)

sleepychallenger

Re: Pics of my '73 Rallye
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2007 - 09:46:58 AM »
Have you ran at PMI?

Offline bennydodge

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2007 - 09:47:48 AM »
:2thumbs: Love your challenger,bennydodgeawesome.also would take that engine anytime,wish now i would of stroked my 340 thats going in my 71 chally.great to have you aboard.MO.FAN...dave..........
  :burnout:  :burnout:

Thanks for the kind words Dave. Any pics of your '71?
1973 Dodge Rallye Challenger 340(416 stroker), 727 ,3.23 SG, 76,xxxmi.
2010 Ram 3500 CC Dually 4x4, Cummins, loaded
2015 Challenger R/T classic B5 5.7 8spd

Offline bennydodge

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2007 - 09:48:38 AM »
Have you ran at PMI?

Where's PMI-Pueblo??

sleepychallenger

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2007 - 09:49:36 AM »
yup. I used to run my comet down there

Offline bennydodge

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007 - 09:53:21 AM »
yup. I used to run my comet down there

You know the elevation there?

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007 - 10:13:19 AM »
 :wave: Hi Benny!  Welcome!

Cool car you have there!  With a stroker 340!  Wicked cool!  :thumbsup:

You don't often see a car with the side fender louvers and the bodyside molding.  Is that molding aftermarket?  Did it come with both from the factory?  The reason why I'm asking is because my car is a Rallye car and therefore supposed to have the side fender louvers but it came from the factory with the body side molding also.  I was told that the louvers may have gotten deleted due to the body side molding.  The car is in pretty original shape.  I also heard that maybe since my car was an early '72 (made 8/17/71) that they may have not put the side louvers on the '72 cars yet.  I dunno...  :dunno:

Anyhows welcome to the forum!!!!  :grinyes:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline bennydodge

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007 - 10:52:16 AM »
:wave: Hi Benny!  Welcome!

Cool car you have there!  With a stroker 340!  Wicked cool!  :thumbsup:

You don't often see a car with the side fender louvers and the bodyside molding.  Is that molding aftermarket?  Did it come with both from the factory?  The reason why I'm asking is because my car is a Rallye car and therefore supposed to have the side fender louvers but it came from the factory with the body side molding also.  I was told that the louvers may have gotten deleted due to the body side molding.  The car is in pretty original shape.  I also heard that maybe since my car was an early '72 (made 8/17/71) that they may have not put the side louvers on the '72 cars yet.  I dunno...  :dunno:

Anyhows welcome to the forum!!!!  :grinyes:

Thanks Super Blue, Big Hello out to Mass. I got a real good friend who lives in Goffstown, NH and he's wicked cool too-LOL.

As far as the side mouldings on my car, I think they weren't there when it was built. This has been a source of debate among a few friends though. My broadcast sheet is blank in the spot given for "body side" in the mouldings section. My fender tag has code "MO8" which is for the side louvers. My guess is that they were dealer installed, because they look just like other factory Challenger side moulding cars that I have seen. This, coupled with the fact that it's ding and dent free, seem to point  to mouldings being installed early in the car's life. Ya' know, come to think of it, I've never seen a Rallye with both louvers and body side mouldings. Is your car coded for the side louvers? Which code on your '72 calls for body side mouldings?

sleepychallenger

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2007 - 01:28:40 PM »
You know the elevation there?

nope, cant remember

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2007 - 02:26:16 PM »
Thanks Super Blue, Big Hello out to Mass. I got a real good friend who lives in Goffstown, NH and he's wicked cool too-LOL.

As far as the side mouldings on my car, I think they weren't there when it was built. This has been a source of debate among a few friends though. My broadcast sheet is blank in the spot given for "body side" in the mouldings section. My fender tag has code "MO8" which is for the side louvers. My guess is that they were dealer installed, because they look just like other factory Challenger side moulding cars that I have seen. This, coupled with the fact that it's ding and dent free, seem to point  to mouldings being installed early in the car's life. Ya' know, come to think of it, I've never seen a Rallye with both louvers and body side mouldings. Is your car coded for the side louvers? Which code on your '72 calls for body side mouldings?

:eek7:  This is interesting.  The original owner of my car is (was) from Goffstown, NH!  His name is Raymond Philibotte.  He bought this car in Manchester, NH, on Aug. 31, 1971.  I doubt it's your friend but a weird coincidence.

As far as the code for the body side moldings in '72, if I'm correct it's V5X.  On the buildsheet it'll be listed under stripe, although it's described as "full lenth body side with vinyl insert".  I was wondering about the ones on yours because they come to a point on either end and the ones I've seen assumably from the factory had a square edge to them on the ends but they do look very factory looking.

My car is not coded for side louvers but nor do I see a delete code anywhere, although I do see a delete code for body side moldings.  The code for louvers is blank on my buildsheet.  The car is wearing the original sheetmetal and was not in any accidents necessitating the replacement of any metal according to the original owner and I don't see any holes in the front fenders where louvers may have been removed. I was wondering about the louvers on my car and when I first got the car I was wondering if it was a Rallye car or a base Challenger ordered with a 340 but the "JS" in my VIN told me it was a Rallye car.  Basically in '72 I think you could order up a base Challenger to be just like a Rallye 340 Challenger.  For '73 and '74 I think they were all JH cars but the Rallye Package was an option, I think code A57?  :blah:  :blah:  :blah:

Anyhows, very cool car you have there!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline bennydodge

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2007 - 06:17:03 PM »
:eek7:  This is interesting.  The original owner of my car is (was) from Goffstown, NH!  His name is Raymond Philibotte.  He bought this car in Manchester, NH, on Aug. 31, 1971.  I doubt it's your friend but a weird coincidence.

As far as the code for the body side moldings in '72, if I'm correct it's V5X.  On the buildsheet it'll be listed under stripe, although it's described as "full lenth body side with vinyl insert".  I was wondering about the ones on yours because they come to a point on either end and the ones I've seen assumably from the factory had a square edge to them on the ends but they do look very factory looking.

My car is not coded for side louvers but nor do I see a delete code anywhere, although I do see a delete code for body side moldings.  The code for louvers is blank on my buildsheet.  The car is wearing the original sheetmetal and was not in any accidents necessitating the replacement of any metal according to the original owner and I don't see any holes in the front fenders where louvers may have been removed. I was wondering about the louvers on my car and when I first got the car I was wondering if it was a Rallye car or a base Challenger ordered with a 340 but the "JS" in my VIN told me it was a Rallye car.  Basically in '72 I think you could order up a base Challenger to be just like a Rallye 340 Challenger.  For '73 and '74 I think they were all JH cars but the Rallye Package was an option, I think code A57?  :blah:  :blah:  :blah:

Anyhows, very cool car you have there!

Man, that is strange....(Twilight Zone music playing)......not the same guy(my buddy's name is Kevin Proulx) but strange nonetheless. Anyway you mention some interesting points on your build sheet. Mine has code V6X in the stripe box, but I always thought this was for side strobe stripes going from the louvers(correct me if I'm wrong). Obviously, yours doesn't have louvers, so either yours had stripes w/out louvers or it's for side body moulding. As for louvers I have the number "8" in the slot that says louvers. Also you're right about the A57 code. This is gettin' good. :popcorn:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007 - 06:18:49 PM by bennydodge »

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2007 - 06:21:56 PM »
I know Kevin! I went to school with him!

Just kidding!!!!!!  :smilielol:

Do you have any codes you need decifered or anything?  Questions are always fun, if we know the answers!  :grinyes:

Offline bennydodge

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007 - 07:06:47 PM »
I know Kevin! I went to school with him!

Just kidding!!!!!!  :smilielol:

Do you have any codes you need decifered or anything?  Questions are always fun, if we know the answers!  :grinyes:

Truthfully, it wouldn't surprise me, The guy knows 90% of the people in NH :grinno:

So what does the V6X on my build sheet mean then? I had always assumed it was for the strobe stripes from the louvers. Should my fender tag have a code for strobe stripes? Does your fender tag have a code for the body side moulding?

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2007 - 05:32:49 AM »
On my car V5X is listed on my fender tag.

V6X I've only seen as longitudinal stripe but that was a code for '70-'71 cars.  In my fact book for '72 cars it does not list a code for V6X but the only stripe that I'm aware of for '72-'74 Challengers is the strobe stripe from the louvers so I think it's safe to say the V6X is for the strobe stripe.  V6- is for the stripe itself and "X" is for black as the stripes came in different colors.  It did say that there was a delete code for the stripe.

I know you have the M08 code for the louvers on the fender tag.  Do you have the V6X on there too?  I would think so but atleast it's on the buildsheet so you know it was there from the factory!  :thumbsup: 

I've always liked the "investigative" part of this hobby.  Makes it fun and gives the car soome uniqueness.  :)

Offline crcarch

• Happiness is having the time and the money!
  • "No, it's not a Charger!"
    • A little history and restoration pics on Cardomain
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2007 - 06:25:21 AM »
Good looking '73!  I'm kinda partial to the sad faced Challey's. I've still got my 340 and look to do the same with the stroker kit.  Stout numbers for no tuning!
00/===\00 73 Challenger 440-4V/AT  8/--+--\8 09 Ram 1500  0o\==/o0 05 Crossfire Roadster OO(#####SRT)OO 10 Challenger

Offline bennydodge

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2007 - 03:42:26 PM »
On my car V5X is listed on my fender tag.

V6X I've only seen as longitudinal stripe but that was a code for '70-'71 cars.  In my fact book for '72 cars it does not list a code for V6X but the only stripe that I'm aware of for '72-'74 Challengers is the strobe stripe from the louvers so I think it's safe to say the V6X is for the strobe stripe.  V6- is for the stripe itself and "X" is for black as the stripes came in different colors.  It did say that there was a delete code for the stripe.

I know you have the M08 code for the louvers on the fender tag.  Do you have the V6X on there too?  I would think so but atleast it's on the buildsheet so you know it was there from the factory!  :thumbsup: 

I've always liked the "investigative" part of this hobby.  Makes it fun and gives the car soome uniqueness.  :)

Yeah, I've got V6X on my fender tag as well. So V5X is for the side body moulding, right?

You're right, "investigative" is fun and sometimes raises more questions than answers...