Author Topic: If you live in PA, please read, and PLEASE ACT!  (Read 2090 times)

Offline GreenFish

Re: If you live in PA, please read, and PLEASE ACT!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007 - 08:04:37 AM »
I spread the word to the other dodge sites I go on. Thanks for the heads up. Although i live in MD I dont want this type of stuff passed cus my state could be next.
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007 - 03:26:26 PM »
This upsets me too and I am in NY, but I am sure if this can pass in PA, it will work it's way tro other states eventually.  Thanks for the heads up, I will pass this info on as well.

Offline ReturnofCuda

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007 - 06:04:06 PM »
I just got a reply from Stan Saylor. Basically it sounds like these special inspections only apply to new titles for an untitled car due to being scrapped and rebuilt. If you are interested in PennDOT's response I can e-mail it to you. :)
Doug
1973 Cuda 340, TF727, 8 3/4 3.55 posi

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007 - 06:19:57 PM »
I just got a reply from Stan Saylor. Basically it sounds like these special inspections only apply to new titles for an untitled car due to being scrapped and rebuilt. If you are interested in PennDOT's response I can e-mail it to you. :)

That's how the program started out, and that is how it was presented to the legislators that voted on it. Unfortunately, it blossomed into something very ugly, and most of the state legislators know nothing about it. One of the higher ups in Penndot gave an interview to the PAAutoConnection magazine, and basically spilled the beans about what is really going to happen. If I can find the article, I'll see if I can get permission to reprint it here. He stated that any modifications to chassie, or drivetrain on any vehicle, and even faded paint on a collector car can be cause for reinspection and retitling.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007 - 08:35:35 PM »
Looks like I'm gonna have to start whooping some legislative ass over here in Harrisburg.  Let's see you ticket my car for putting on a new engine part.  I'll run my mopar so far up the cops ass it'll start to rust...
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline ted

• 74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007 - 08:46:05 PM »
and you will be servicing 15-20 for attempted murder of a police officer.
74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t