Author Topic: Who's got a security system in their garage??  (Read 1207 times)

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
Who's got a security system in their garage??
« on: May 03, 2007 - 07:25:19 PM »
Talked to a guy today about a security system in the garage at home. Actually it was the wife's idea. We always had an alarm and camera system at the shop.  Maybe it's not a big deal for some, and we live in a "good" part of town. But it is a detatched garage. And  :blah: and :blah: and :blah: :blah:. Anybody else setup at home?  :dunno:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
Re: Who's got a security system in their garage??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007 - 07:29:45 PM »
I do and it's worth it...$30 per Month and over Half a million dollars worth of cars in the shop at any given time. Not worth the risk. Your Insurance co. may give you a discount for having an alarm.
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007 - 08:26:05 PM »
4 cameras w/dvr , motion detection along the driveway sounds inside the house, motion detection inside the garage with lighting and alarm on delay... gives them time to 'start' what they want to do... gives me time to 'greet' them.
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007 - 08:27:49 PM »
YEA, Go me an alarm system...........
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007 - 11:23:20 PM »
4 cameras w/dvr , motion detection along the driveway sounds inside the house, motion detection inside the garage with lighting and alarm on delay... gives them time to 'start' what they want to do... gives me time to 'greet' them.

Wow, that is a great setup.  Do you get many false alarms with the motion detectors?
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007 - 09:25:22 AM »
I just guess I'm old school, double dead bolts & when that don't work, I've got a baseball bat for close range and a shotgun for when I can't quite make it out the back door in time!! A 12 gage pump works best as it's a universal sound. Cha-chick-chick.  :smilielol: :roflsmiley: Ever hear that sound before?? :scared: :eek7:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007 - 10:30:17 AM »
Cha-chick-chick.  :smilielol: :roflsmiley: Ever hear that sound before?? :scared: :eek7:

Matt B.
[/quote]

nothing more intimidating than the sound of a shotguns action..   Mine is a dog, and either a 357 or a 270 remington whichever i grab first
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007 - 10:41:28 AM »
Wow, that is a great setup.  Do you get many false alarms with the motion detectors?

Only if a Deer crosses thru. .. which isn't that frequent .
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007 - 11:59:23 AM »
Since I work on the road, I have an alarm system. It's wireless  my sheds/barn, and shop. All controlled from the house. All doors and windows have sensors on them. Then there are motion detectors set at 3 ft above the floors. i have timers I can set to allow how many seconds it takes before the sherriff and security people are called. And how many seconds before an ear screeching noise goes off. All of my phones are on the system too so when something happens, all the phones will cancel for a period of time selected, and the main system makes the calls to the authorities. Also have a panic alarm wireless and mechanical push button. It's all silent and the authorities are notified to come asap.

We only had 1 incodent. It involved a spider for 3 nights at 430 am. It was small enough to crawl inbetween the sensor contacts with it's catch and set the alarm off. Drove me nuts till I found it and removed it.

Each sensor is set to tell you verbally which door or window is open or not working

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007 - 12:11:50 PM »
I do and it's worth it...$30 per Month and over Half a million dollars worth of cars in the shop at any given time. Not worth the risk. Your Insurance co. may give you a discount for having an alarm.

I was quoted $25/Month. Which I thought was pretty good! And its cellular so there's no phone line that could be cut!  :nono:
I just guess I'm old school, double dead bolts & when that don't work, I've got a baseball bat for close range and a shotgun for when I can't quite make it out the back door in time!! A 12 gage pump works best as it's a universal sound. Cha-chick-chick.  :smilielol: :roflsmiley: Ever hear that sound before?? :scared: :eek7:

Matt B.

I'm actually a BIG fan of the old methods. Most of you have seen pic's of my 105 lbs German Shep. And we got enough fire power for a 3rd world country revolt. Just were not always home.!    :faint:

Thanks for all your imput!! 

Love the montion detector/wireless stuff!!!!  :grinyes:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007 - 01:03:23 PM »
I have sensors on the windows and doors, there is no delay since it is a seperate garage from the house. No problems. Pretty inexpensive insurance. And I have a plasma rifle in the 40 Watt range if needed....

:bigsmile:

70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007 - 03:34:01 PM »
YEA, Go me an alarm system...........

Hey, you took my answer.  My male Akita, Muggsey, is my alarm right now.  He knows if an ant walks by the house and it's attached garage, LOL.