Author Topic: 1970 Numbers matching "V" code Cuda.  (Read 5959 times)

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
Re: 1970 Numbers matching "V" code Cuda.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007 - 03:31:35 PM »
Very, very nice.  My only comment is I believe the Kick panels should be black.  Pretty sure they were always black on cars with white interiors.  Otherwise, very nice and the price seem svery good for a real V Code Cuda.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007 - 09:58:38 PM »
Actually on the black car we are looking to dump it quickly also. So if we can get around 100k then were gonna let it go. We got two real Hemi 70 cars that we are fixing to rotisserie and fully restore. All numbers matching cars.. so we need to move some things.

:eek2: How the heck do you guys find cars of this caliber? I have found and sold one rare 69 camaro, but two hemi 70 Cudas in need of resto?

:wow:
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline wart1de

• Vivah
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007 - 11:20:06 PM »
Am I the only one that finds the girl kinda cute?  :naughty:

If I bought this car I would do the following:

Add a hockey strip
Fix the fitment of the bonet
Cleanup the threads on the diff/spring U bolts and replace the nuts with stainless ones
Add the sticker to the air filter

I wouldn't change the colour of the engine because it's too big of a job. I'd just grumble at it everytime I looked at it..

Am I being too fussy?
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda
1980 Ford Falcon XD ESP
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007 - 08:21:36 AM »
I also think this is the nicest car you've offered here, and if I had the money, it'd be mine. Unfortunately, kids in college, etc, so I'll just have to stick to my projects.

I agree that the prices have softened a bit. I think the guys with the money have gotten what they want already, and are getting out of the market, or they're waiting for really rare pieces to come along. I also think that some of the guys who bought these cars as investments are getting a little nervous and starting to unload them because they see that appreciation is slowing drastically, hence more cars on the market along with the thousands of cars being restored as we speak. Look how many cars you guys have restored and put on the market. Multiply that by the thousands of places like yours across the country and you can see what I mean. I've been watching some of the auctions, and most of the guys spending the big money are from museums or major collections. Anybody else notice that?

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007 - 04:19:50 PM »
Jersy, I'd have to agree pretty strongly with you on that. I know that a lot of the custom restore stuff we have done we have had no problems unloading but they are also pieces you can enjoy and not have to worry about doing much with. As for the real collectible pieces it is just a bad time right now. I think things will pick back up here in the next couple of months but for right now, it does seem kind of dead. As for the two Hemi cars, they are both 70 Challengers and they are going to be some really awesome pieces. We are about nine months to a year on having those out.

Last thing, this car actually came with no Hockey Stripe. It came exactly how you see it now. We picked it up in survivor condition. Everything was completely original and unmolested. This car was not a highly optioned Six Pack car.

Shawn
FastMetalToys.com

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007 - 01:13:51 AM »
How come the fender tag shows A62, but the car doesn't have a Rallye gauge cluster? Nice car aside from that! Register it with Cody at LAMopar.com!
David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD