Author Topic: Beware of this seller (not Ebay)  (Read 951 times)

Offline gb70

Beware of this seller (not Ebay)
« on: May 05, 2007 - 07:25:29 PM »
If you need parts stay away from a guy called PC International.  I paid top dollar for a trim piece that is hard to find ('70 RT/SE hood rear molding for SE's only), he takes weeks to send it, I payed him to ship it in PVC tubing, it arrives weeks later bent from being shipped in a cardboard tube.  His wife is a real piece of work, no respect just a big rude pie hole  :banghead: that treats their "customers" like dirt.   :blah:  :blah:  :blah: Anyways, IMO stay away, FAR away from them if you need something.  I am trying to get them to file a claim through Fed Ex, as the "shipper" needs to file it.  Not expecting much based on how they have treated me so far  :misbehaving:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007 - 07:27:22 PM by gb70 »

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
Re: Beware of this seller (not Ebay)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007 - 07:28:17 AM »
That sux! But I have seen this type of thing B4. You got parts but not clue on proper way to ship them.  :walkaway:
Hopefully your trim can be reworked. Good Luck!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007 - 11:18:03 AM »
I know that hind sight is 20/20, but I have run into this type of thing before and refused delivery on the shipment. It was returned to the shipper and I contacted Visa immediately. Needless to say, the following week I received another Perfect shipment of the part.

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007 - 09:13:14 AM »
I know that hind sight is 20/20, but I have run into this type of thing before and refused delivery on the shipment. It was returned to the shipper and I contacted Visa immediately. Needless to say, the following week I received another Perfect shipment of the part.

Refusing damaged/suspect shipments is a good thing, however what do you do when the shipment is just left at your door and when you come home there it is.  Bring it back to Fed-X (or where ever) and ask for it ot be returned?
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007 - 09:28:10 AM »

Man that sucks. Well, you've done your part by warning us therefore this crowd will loose at least a couple of sales.
If I saw anything for sale from this guy I will now stay away. He won't get any of my money.

MyMopar:  Good question, if it's a signed parcel isn't Fed-Ex or "X" delivery service liable?
If no one is there to sign it and it has to be signed, surely the delivery people are at fault.

I always sign my parcels with "STI" Subject To Inspection. I usually inspect it on the spot, no matter how busy the guy is who's delivering it. 1-2 minutes to check the package is better than 1-2+ months trying to get my money back. But I now know all the delivery guys and I've told them never to leave any parcel if I'm not there. They leave a calling card and I call them or the post shop. They either come back later that day or I go into the post shop.

Shipping & handling is a HUGE part of our hobby, take care out there lads.  :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007 - 09:37:10 AM »
As suggested, you should have refused shipment of it. (provided you were around when it was dropped off.)  I'd assume Fed-Ex is similar to UPS in that they need a signature before the item can be confirmed in their database, but I've steered clear away from sending anything or receiving anything through Fed-Ex.  Ours is so half-*** backwards they always screw up deliveries or call us saying they cannot find our house. (They're 15 minutes away!)  Needless to say, they dropped off an eBay item I purchased for the Challenger at the wrong address, so I continued e-mailing the seller asking where's my part and if I didn't get it soon, I'd file with eBay.  All because Fed-Ex cannot distinguish between "655" and "655-B". :banghead:

Sorry this had to happen to you, but I'd stay at it until I either got my money back or received another part in similar condition. (Assuming you paid for insurance which I'd assume you did if you bought an expensive part.)  The company shouldn't be dragging their feet any as they'd be getting plenty of money back from Fed-Ex for the insurance claim.  Perhaps the only reason they're not doing anything is they've already contacted Fed-Ex and were told the way they packaged the trim was inadequate and voids the insurance claim. :dunno:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

kudakidd

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007 - 09:56:31 AM »
for a minute there, I thought you were talking about 'Jim's' !

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007 - 09:58:18 AM »

for a minute there, I thought you were talking about 'Jim's' !

He wouldn't have to tell us to beware of something we're already aware of!  ;)
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007 - 10:19:28 AM »
I ordered an expensive item (Not a car part) one time. After not receiving it in the proper amount of time, I called the company. They said it was shipped, and provided a tracking number that showed it had been shipped and delivered. I called UPS and the driver came out to the house and showed me where he had left it. I told him that it wasn't there when I got home. He made me sign a form, and I filed a police report just to be safe (We had a couple of bad kids around the neighborhood at that time). Appearantly UPS resolved it with the sending company becuase they sent me out another item. I don't know how FedEx would have resolved it, but I refuse to use them anyway because of all the problems with them in the past. I know having something stolen is different from having something arrive damaged, but I think that if they don't get a signature, they are assuming all risk, because they are denying you the chance to refuse the shipment.

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007 - 02:14:59 PM »
My Girlfriend has her own small business and the Ups and Fedex people will leave packages for her or her business without a signature. Although, when it has my name on it they know better.