Anybody see that FORZA Motorsport Showdown today?

Author Topic: Anybody see that FORZA Motorsport Showdown today?  (Read 1277 times)

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
Anybody see that FORZA Motorsport Showdown today?
« on: May 12, 2007 - 09:43:47 PM »
Maybe an old thread subject but MAN!!!
I don't watch that show usually but I was watching it today and the YearOne Challenger's 4 speed automatic blew up on the Road Atlanta race.
The incar camera showed chunks coming right through the floorboard with the driveshaft banging around in the passenger compartment and the driver was covered with hot ATF.

Didn't YearOne install a driveshaft loop ?  :dunno:

I know a transmission can do this but to see it on TV like that  :banghead:

I guess the driver was unharmed but Geesh
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007 - 10:02:02 PM by 360cuda »

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
Re: Anybody see that FORZA Motorsport Showdown today?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007 - 09:58:35 PM »
looks like they are gonna repeat the whole miniseries on Monday  :aarg:

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007 - 10:00:14 PM »
Now I understand

Quote from YearOne
"73 Challenger – This is our latest company project and our first Mopar project. The engine is an aluminum headed 440 Year One crate engine that makes 447hp. It has a Bowler 4L60e GM electronic automatic that is controlled with Bowler’s new QuickShift steering wheel thumb buttons. The car is flat black with a “naked” interior. The air suspension includes the AirBar 4 link with double adjustable Shockwaves in the rear and StrongArms and double adjustable ShockWaves in front."

The transmission linkage failed during the first drag racing session and then the Tranny violently exploded during the actual roadrace. 
SO the only GM part on the car is the weaklink... And I would stay away from anything Bowler makes too
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007 - 10:02:28 PM by 360cuda »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007 - 07:09:25 AM »

Yikes!! You wonder why they'd use an auto on a circuit track in the first place? Fine for the straights but no demand shifts and punch from out of the apex. That sure sounds freaky though. I'll be getting a custom steel plate shaped to the trans tunnel of the 'Cuda as I'm not in the mood for removing pieces of Keisler from my ankles if the Hemi doesn't play nice.

:bigsmile:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007 - 09:12:43 AM »
I think the show is kind of lame, but I like to see two old muscle cars go around a race track.

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007 - 10:15:50 AM »
That's why they make explosion proof trans blankets and bell housings.

I've even seen driveshaft loops ripped through floor boards where the backup washers yielded. Best bet is to use a strap as a backing plate instead of the body washers that are supplied with some kits.

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007 - 01:45:39 PM »
Maybe an old thread subject but MAN!!!
I don't watch that show usually but I was watching it today and the YearOne Challenger's 4 speed automatic blew up on the Road Atlanta race.
The incar camera showed chunks coming right through the floorboard with the driveshaft banging around in the passenger compartment and the driver was covered with hot ATF.

Didn't YearOne install a driveshaft loop ?  :dunno:

I know a transmission can do this but to see it on TV like that  :banghead:

I guess the driver was unharmed but Geesh

Thats strange because the show I watched had the Year One CAMARO busted on the track and the Challenger was going to take the 100k home until the girl in the Mustange passed him in the last 100 feet of the last lap  :villagers:.  I guess some confusion about where she was on the lap count screwed them, they thought she was a lap down when she was indeed on the same lap.  :dupe:
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007 - 02:33:32 PM »
I taping all of the episodes right now so I'll check them all out. The one I saw where the Challenger's Kamereo transmission blew up was at the Road Atlanta track but I guess they were at lots of different events. 
I did watch another one for about 10 minutes this morning and the guy was hitting the 460LE's shifter so I guess it had broken again   :rofl:
In the one I was watching yesterday the Kamero lost fuel pressure and died about the same time as the Challenger
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007 - 08:45:14 PM by 360cuda »

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007 - 03:21:46 PM »
OK
I checked out the tape and the episode I was talking about when the Chebbie trans explodes is the end of the first episode.
The one MyMopar saw is the end of the forth episode

That first pic shows the seatbelt getting blown up from the concussion of the driveshaft going through the tunnel
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007 - 06:08:36 PM by 360cuda »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007 - 06:24:36 PM »

Two words - F#%K THAT! :sly: I'm guessing the guy was OK or else it would have been mentioned, if so, he's a Lucky SOB to walk away after that. Thanks Pete for getting the images.

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60