Author Topic: Any difference in dash cap vendors?  (Read 620 times)

Offline jeryst

• Resident
Any difference in dash cap vendors?
« on: May 14, 2007 - 02:13:53 PM »
I'd like to get a couple of dash caps. There seems to be a big difference in price and quality if you're buying seat covers. I was just wondering if there are good and bad dash cap vendors? Has anyone bought a dash cap that they are really pleased or displeased with? If so, please share you experience because I'd like to get them fairly soon.

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
Re: Any difference in dash cap vendors?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007 - 05:47:30 AM »
I got mine from Dashtops. I dont have anything to compare it to but all looks good except the pockets for the AC vents and center speaker. They are not as well made as the original. As a result, the vents and speaker grille don't fit quite as nice as in the original. I dont think you will find much improvement on this between vendors.

http://www.dashtops.com/
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007 - 06:59:59 AM »
And I have a brand new one waiting to be shipped somewhere now. My car is a 70 and the cap is 71-74 a/c single speaker. 75 and shipping to anyone who needs it :2thumbs:

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007 - 08:58:26 AM »
thats a good deal - they are usually over $100+. Also, you can cut holes in the ends for side speakers if you have those. I did on mine and they look perfect installed. 
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger