Need some ideas on color combos for my 72 Cuda

Author Topic: Need some ideas on color combos for my 72 Cuda  (Read 763 times)

Offline burrpenick

Need some ideas on color combos for my 72 Cuda
« on: May 14, 2007 - 07:58:09 PM »
I am considering orange with a white hocky stripe, not sure about the spoiler or how I can add some contrast to the front (hood). Would anyone have a pic of an orange Cuda with white stripe? What would a wing look like in white, and would I paint the tail section in white too? I dont care for the painted hood scoops on the bulge hood but was considering some type of painting up the middle. Any and all ideas will be examined. Thanks!

George in Tallahassee       penick@nettally.com

PS: I need one Cuda emblem, both front fender wheel well trim pieces, a slap stick knob, the plymouth emblem for the hood PLUS the 2 340 four barell emblems. Used would be fine, not a show car.
GEORGE
currently Moparless

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
Re: Need some ideas on color combos for my 72 Cuda
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007 - 09:08:48 PM »
Hey George!!
What was the original color of that car again?

I have always liked Vitaman C with a Black stripe but others have told me that's a little too Halloween  :dunno:

The '73 stripe looks better then the '72 IMHO but the hockey stripe would look good too

Offline nakita7

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007 - 12:50:53 AM »
Orange and black might be too Halloween, but your idea sounds a little too Creamsicle. No offence, but don't go overboard on the white. Keep it real...
72 Charger Rallye (440 auto)
72 Charger Rallye (318 auto)
71 Charger RT

Offline burrpenick

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007 - 06:41:34 AM »
Thanks guys.......it would sure help to see a pic of an orange one with a white stripe, but as far as I can tell, they were not produced that way. I agree, the orange and black are OK, but that brings up another question, like what shade of orange. I read that the Vitamin c and Tor Red were very similar, what other options are there for this shade?

Doesnt someone have a slapstick handle, some old emblems, or front wheel opening moldings? Hey, it spring, get those garages cleaned out....I just did.
][/color]

George in Tallahassee
GEORGE
currently Moparless

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007 - 08:41:56 AM »
My '72 was Vitamin C with a white stripe and I had a neighbor that had one too.  Probably  the most common color combos in '72.

That paint was long gone when I got it
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007 - 09:01:46 AM by 360cuda »

Offline rallyechall

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007 - 11:08:52 AM »
How about White with Orange stripes, or Black with Orange stripes. They would certainly look different.

Offline burrpenick

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007 - 11:18:12 AM »
More good stuff! Im guessing the orange 72 had the 72 stripe, but I was considering the hocky stick and would like to see what it looks like. THe black paint/orange stripe would be OK if I had a good body, but the white is an idea?

Still looking for some inexpensive used parts sources....emblems/ATshift knob, front wheel moldings.

Thanks, GP
GEORGE
currently Moparless

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007 - 11:19:53 AM »

Still looking for some inexpensive used parts sources....emblems/ATshift knob, front wheel moldings.

:ebay:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline burnt orange

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007 - 08:10:42 PM »
The car isn't orange, but the hood treatment is interesting!  Did someone say headlights?
< ° ) ) ><