Who owned a new mopar way back when (golden oldie ?)

Author Topic: Who owned a new mopar way back when (golden oldie ?)  (Read 2170 times)

Offline burnt orange

Re: Who owned a new mopar way back when (golden oldie ?)
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007 - 09:56:48 PM »
70 Barracuda.  Bought it in 1970, still drivin' it.
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007 - 04:46:05 AM »
I bought a 69 Road runner when I was in high school,  :jumping:  It was ralleye green with white interior and white vinyl top 383 and 4 speed and a price of $2400.00. Loved that car, but traded it in on a 70 hemi convert cuda. It was yellow with black interior and all the bells and whistles, shaker hood, automatic and I think it had the super trak pak (been a long time ) with the 4.10 gears, cost a whopping $6800.00. Tho the car was brand new it was a pig!  :faint:  Slower than my 383 RR. Dealer never got it running right so they took it in on a trade for a 70  440 6pak cuda some guy ordered and then didn't pick up. It was optioned terribly, midnight blue mettalic with shaker hood, automatic on the colloum, bucket seats and center console (so why collum shift???) and 8 track in dash, with electric windows (no a/c) and worst of all.... 2.72 or 2.76 gears. Cost a awesome price of $7200.00 (about $400 more than a Caddy coupe de ville ..hi bucks back then) :smilie:   LOL  Had a 160mph speed-o in it and it would bury the speed-o  with throttle to go but it handled like a wash tub in a waterfall at that speed (danger danger!!) Got rearended in it (put the rear bumper in to the back seat area) Had it fixed (d**n good job they did too) and when I got out of jail and got my license back   :burnout:  I traded it in on a 69 RR with a hemi (used of course) and automatic I found on the back row of a Dodge dealer. Went full tilt with it and raced it for 6 years till I got divorced (should have kept the car and sold the ol lady)     :roflsmiley:  But thats a whole other story...LOL 

Offline 72Chall77Doba

• Bill's Mopars
    • My Car Domain Page
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007 - 07:55:08 PM »
Let me know when you're on the road, I'll stay home, lol.

...my first new MOPAR....'73 CUDA 340-AT, I ordered the car with all options except the vinyl top and stripe, it even had AC...I was living in Taiwan and kept seeing a red '71 383 CUDA with a SHAKER and rubber bumpers and I wanted to order a car that looked as close to that one as I could, this was it....

...it was rear ended at 55 mph on the highway (drivers quarter) with only 79 miles on the odometer....repaired
...it was hit (drivers quarter) by a runaway shopping cart in Texas...repaired
...the roof was crushed by a tree during an ice storm...repaired and repainted a different color of red
...it was later hit head on, on the drivers side...repaired
...it was sideswiped (drivers side) 2 days later while sitting at the curb and repaired again
...it was slid backwards thru a barbed wire fence and repaired one more time
...it also went for a swim in 10 foot of water (alcohol was a major contributing factor), pulled out and saved again

...I traded it for a red 61 Vette with a blown engine

.......all this before 1976

...last time I saw the poor old CUDA (about 1978) it was rusted away, no quarters left, fenders were gone half way up and it was wearing a coat of primer gray paint....the interior had been gutted (rotten probably), but it still sounded good and healthy...

...this picture was taken within hours of delivery from the dealer, it still has dealer tags on it...it was even wrecked  the first time while still wearing the dealers tags :roflsmiley: