Author Topic: This E-Mail is so true  (Read 1288 times)

Offline EVIL72

This E-Mail is so true
« on: May 18, 2007 - 12:10:36 AM »
 Someone sent this too me, but I couldn't agree more.

"Like a lot of folks in this state (California, for my Canadian friends) I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as they see fit.  In order to get that paycheck.  I am required to pass a random urine test, which I have no problem with.  What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sit on their butt. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?"
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline dougs bs23

Re: This E-Mail is so true
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007 - 05:18:31 AM »
 :iagree:
In his last campaign when talking on the issue of welfare reform, W said "we'll give you a hand up, not a hand out".  Some parts of society dont see it that way, they think they're owed it for whatever reasons they have.
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007 - 06:32:18 AM »
 :iagree:  :iagree: Dont get me started...................................................
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007 - 08:08:57 AM »
 :clapping:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007 - 08:10:08 AM »
:iagree:
 Some parts of society dont see it that way, they think they're owed it for whatever reasons they have.

:iagree:  Yep, I hate it when I see someone say that.  Why are they owed it to them?  I dunno. 

One guy I met, a client of mine that came from another country, said the US government is supposed to give him all his benefits and that he is deserving of every single thing that he can get.  He didn't work a day in this country and doesn't see welfare as a benefit but moreso a right and entititlement.  That's when you lose appreciattion for what is GIVEN to you.  It made it so much easier to not take him on as a client when I got rid of him.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007 - 09:54:30 AM »
Our welfare system in this country (USA) perpetuates itself. Why go out and get a job at Mickey D's for minimum wage when you can sit on your butt, do nothing and collect entitlements which pay more than minimum wage?? :screwy: So many folks get their dander up when we want to spend a few more buck on military spending to keep our troops safe when in reality our spending on military is only about 10% of our US budget and guess what we spend on entitlements?? It might surprise you, it's close to 50% of the US spending budget!!! :swear: :22yikes: We need to tighten up the hand outs!! Just my :2cents:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007 - 10:02:15 AM »
 :iagree: Ya just wait till Hillary (gawd I pray not) gets in the White House, with the taxnspend liberals , military spending down, cuts in technology and eduaction and increases in social programs :faint: I can only nope not............

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007 - 10:03:10 AM »
Often times I've seen the wannabe's (wanna sit on my ass all day that is!) say that the job at Mickey D's or wereever is degrading and what not. So I've asked a few (cause we meet all kinds in my business) just what skills do you have to get something better?? I usally get a blank stare or a " I don't be knowin' nuthin' bout that.  Oh hell now you got me started SORRY! Someday I'll post someof the job applications we have on file.  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:  :scared: Most are not qualified to shovel the sheperd **** off my patio!!!!!!!!!  :violin: Sorry Again!!! But... :blah:  :blah:  :blah:  :banghead:
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007 - 10:22:47 AM »
:iagree:  Yep, I hate it when I see someone say that.  Why are they owed it to them?  I dunno. 

One guy I met, a client of mine that came from another country, said the US government is supposed to give him all his benefits and that he is deserving of every single thing that he can get.  He didn't work a day in this country and doesn't see welfare as a benefit but moreso a right and entititlement.  That's when you lose appreciattion for what is GIVEN to you.  It made it so much easier to not take him on as a client when I got rid of him.

Yeah. Meanwhile, I have a friend, a truck driver, who was in an accident (not his fault), and can no longer work. He has a wife and kid. He had to go on workers comp for years while he fought the company that the other driver was working for, and while he fought for disability. He ultimately got a smal settlement from the other company (worth about 2 years of his previous wages), and workers comp took more than half of it to pay back his comp benefits. They granted him disability status, but he wound up making $9 too much each month, so he lost his medical benefits, and now has to pay for hundred of dollars worth of medication. He's barely making it, and doesn't know from day to day what will happen.

What makes me mad is all the secret deals that they have going on behind the scenes. The guy that was trying to help my friend, told him something that really pi**ed me off. He said, and I quote "I'm not supposed to tell anyone this, but I'm retiring in two weeks, so I don't care. If you were from Russia, I would be required to give you any benefits available without asking any questions." If that is true, and I don't see any reason for my friend to lie, then this country is really in sad shape. The politicians are selling us out left and right, and it doesn't matter whoe we put in, because they al do the same thing. Someone once told me that the second amendment is the reset button on the constitution, and I think it's getting time to push it.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007 - 12:43:23 PM »
Yep, the ones who really need it get shafted and the ones who trick the system to run it dry don't get caught!  :swear:

In Massachusetts, welfare here is called Medicaid.  I know a couple who the husband was in his late 60's and dying from lung cancer.  His wife, about 59 years old who had high blood pressure, diabetes among other things, had her Medicaid taken away because "there was no more money left" and it was reserved for people over 65 except for 4 exceptoins (too long to list) but she didn't qualify and now she has to pay out of pocket for all her meds, medical visits, etc... just because some people are drying up the system!  :stomp:

I even heard of a family living in government subsidized housing and they owned a restaurant but didn't reportt all thier earnings since some of it was cash.  They basically put out a family who may actually need the housing due to low income but they took it away from them!!!!!!  :swear:  :stomp:  :pullinghair:  :banghead:

Sorry, had to rant.....  :bigsmile:  Ahhh....feel better now!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007 - 01:24:51 PM »
Mizza bossman sir,,, eyez cant be a wookin like dis, da howerz are to long . Can i be a wurkin from like say 10 acluck to like 2 a cluck

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007 - 02:00:32 PM »
Get this one.

I knew a guy (Lets call him John) who was seeing a married chick (Lets call her Jane) with 4 kids. So John buys a house. Jane leaves her husband, and "rents" Johns house. John moves in with her, but leaves his home address as his parents house. So Jane is getting welfare for herself and her 4 kids, as well as money to pay the rent and utilities. Since John is renting to a welfare mother with 4 kids, the govt pays John to insulate his house, get new windows, etc.

So John has a good paying job, is living with a chick, is having his mortgage and utilities paid for by the govt, while at the same time getting tax deductions and depreciating his house as a rental property, is having his meals paid for by govt food stamps, has the govt upgrade his house, and to boot, Janes ex is paying her some type of alimoney as well as child support. Then, when the kids get older, the govt puts the kids through college, and John never spends a dime for anything. All his money went into the bank.

And my friend the truck driver, who is being honest, doesn't know where his next meal is coming from.

Isn't this a wonderful system we have?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007 - 02:02:21 PM by jeryst »

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007 - 06:13:26 PM »
I hope John is keeping up with his shots  :misbehaving:

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007 - 08:59:53 PM »
You guys are gonna get me started again!!!! And the mods are too busy to edit another of my posts!!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007 - 11:19:28 PM »
 The only people that should get the majority of the help are all the elderly that worked there whole life and paid into the system only to suffer when they retire. Tell me again why it's called the golden years?? This makes me sick!
And of course the people that truely do have major debilitating injuries, not all the "Oh I have a little back, knee, hand, or neck pain unless I'm sitting at home watching TV, so please give me disability"
 I got news for these people as you get older all that stuff does and will ache, so deal with it like the rest of us do.
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)