Author Topic: Anybody on a forced diet?  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Anybody on a forced diet?
« on: May 19, 2007 - 10:02:33 PM »
Dock said I had to loose 50 lbs. I have super high sugar and killer cholesterol.

My vision bad and feet numb. He said diet or shots very soon.

So now when I shop, I buy stuff with no sugar, no fat, no nothing. It SUCKS.....

I lost 40 lbs in 45 days now. I went from size 38 waist to 34 now.  I dont feel different cept for my feet feel better.

Anybody else forced to loose weight? I miss my Ribeyes, pancakes, mashed potatoes n gravy, fried chicken, cookies and candy.

Now it's salad, bananas, wheat crackers, juice, pork center loin fijitas and stuff.

I went from 267 to 224 since april 7th.  Had to buy all new clothes too. Even shirts dont fit anymore.

Offline fantum

Re: Anybody on a forced diet?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007 - 10:13:25 PM »
Phenomenal.....

Your feet and joints will appreciate your being able to stick with the doctor's orders.

Good luck reaching your target ........ I'm sure you'll get there before you read this post.

fantum
Mike

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007 - 10:49:06 PM »
 Great job, keep it up.  :clapping:
 I'm sure the Doctor already gave you this info but incase he didn't here's a few tips and tricks that will help.
 The trick is when you go shopping always try to pick the lesser of the evils. Example if you always used butter, try "I can't believe it's not butter" then let your taste buds adjust, then switch to the light version. If you always drink whole milk, switch to lowfat, let your tastebuds adjust, then switch to non fat milk. Don't just jump to nonfat from whole milk or it will taste like water. Once your taste buds adjust whole milk will taste like way to thick. Do this for all the unhealthy things in your diet. As for sweets, find healthier replacements for your cravings.
 Always try to skim a little more fat, cholesterol, sugar, and sodium out of your diet, read the labels you'd be surprised at how much you can remove from your diet by just choosing a different brand or by noticing how they try to trick consumers with the serving sizes, even though they say it's low fat.
 Also don't try and starve yourself, instead eat smaller meals thoughout the day, and NEVER skip breakfast! Your metabolism slows down at night when you go to sleep, breakfast is what speeds it back up.
 Good luck
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007 - 12:45:26 AM »
Awesome Al
 I am on sort of a forced diet in that when I can`t afford food I skip a few meals

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007 - 01:15:48 AM »
Im on a forced diet every day of my life!  I have to maintain a weight of 189lbs.  or a body fat % of 24 % I perfer to make weight as apose to taking the tape test.  So I struggle to stay with in 10 lbs of 189 and when I get the word of a ht/wt test I start my diet.  Huge pain in the butt, but nessary to make rank.

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007 - 04:22:10 AM »
i just put my hemi challenger on a forced diet --  701 hp hemi "bee"-gone  --  haha :roflsmiley:

70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007 - 04:44:59 AM »
Hey Al, that's awesome.  :wow: I think from a previous poll that the majority of the folks here are in the 40 something bracket. My Doc has me watching my cholesterol and I've managed to bring it down to around 200 by diet only. No meds. I agree 100% with Evil72. I started watching my older family, friends and co-workers get overweight and let themselves go to the point where some have died and others just can't do things or enjoy life in the same manner they enjoyed at say 25 years old. Heart attacks were prevalant in my family. I did what a lot of folks have done and decided that I wasn't going to become a statistic. A little over 2 years ago I started trying to eat better, nothing crazy, but more in the line of what Evil was talking about and joined a gym. I am no jock and have never been a gym person, but I stuck with it and have never felt better or regretted it. Diet alone or exercise alone is good, but we need both. My sister just started walking the neighborhood and improved her waist and stamina. Starting with something little like walking is a great start and you'll feel so much better and be able to enjoy life to the fullest and not have to sit out!! keep it up Al!! Great report!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007 - 08:25:29 AM »
Nice job Al . . something I need to do!   :walkaway:

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007 - 10:50:59 AM »
 :wow:, that's great work!

Many folks do not realize how hard it is to lose weight!

I was 225 last Feb. and now I'm down to 210.  I need to lose another 20 to get my BMI in normal range.

'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007 - 12:48:51 PM »
Good for you Al.  I'm not on a forced diet but I've been trying to lose a few after gaining 25 lbs while my wife was pregnant with my daughter.  She is 6 weeks old and I've lost 17 lbs so far.  I'm down to 208 now.  I'd like to get down to 195 but I'm going to have to stop eating off the Roach Coach at work....

Tom :faint:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline matt63

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007 - 02:00:08 PM »
Way to go!  I've got to lose 20 lbs this summer (215 to 195) so it doesn't seem like such a big task compared to what you accomplished.
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007 - 02:22:07 PM »
Great job Al!

Wish I could lose that much weight!    :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007 - 04:50:24 PM »
You are doing a great job Al, keep it up.

I also agree with EVIL72's comments, they are good suggestions.

Also, try to stop drinking all sodas, they are just empty calories, and i have heard they are not good for your bones. 
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007 - 06:20:58 PM »
I pretty much been following what everyone has said. I lost all this weight that way.

Morning... 1 cup of coffe 2 toasted whole grain bread slices
Lunch....1/2 a cup of salad , 16  (1 serv) wheat crackers with 2 oz peanut butter
1 banana,

snack...granola bar

Supper 1 fajita or one rotissery skinless chicken breasy and salad

4 or 8 bottles of water a day,  2 glasses of v8 juice,  1/2 gallon of cran/grape juice light. (which means 1/3 sugars), 1 qt orange juice light.

Tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, carrots, oranges, apples, bananas, and diet strawberry short cake.

That's about it.     I do have 1 steak every 2 weeks just cause I want it, but it's sirloin and not ribeye....I miss prime rib.

gonna go get a company dot physical tuesday. Maybe I will flunk it so I cant pick up my dually and trailer at the San Jose airport saturday evening and drive down to Bakersfield then out to Ridgecrest and Boron.

They have my helper working in RockSprings Wyoming with another new supervisor. I may just have to hire someone else to help me.  But the first 90 days, I make a helper watch, so I gotta work alone anyways.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007 - 08:22:45 PM »
I envy your will power.  :grinyes:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl