Author Topic: Anyone ever had Kidney Stones???  (Read 3134 times)

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
Anyone ever had Kidney Stones???
« on: May 22, 2007 - 04:36:13 PM »
I had a horrible weekend.  First, on Saturday after work I had to take my Aita Muggsey to the E.R.  He is OK now, but he sure had me scared.  Then, on Sunday I had to go to the hospital, but was in so much pain that I couldn't make it that far in the car, as the bumps in the road made me want to throw myself from the car onto the highway.  Joe wound up taking me to a walk in Dr. clinic type place called Medicus which is much closer thn the hospital.  I had such severe pain, which would get worse every 10 minutes or so, and feel a tad bit better, and then crippling again, on and off.  It hurt so bad that I was throwing up from the pain.  I couldn't sit, stand, or lay down. Nothing made it feel better.  They said it was probably a kidney stone and told me to drink lots of water and hope it passes.  Thanks Dr. Insensitive, lol.  I did pass one Sunday night (so much for watching the Sopranos) and God, dod that hurt.  Good thing the doctor gave me a script for Vicoden.  That did help a bunch.  I thought I was out of the woods, but today I am experiencing pain again, although it isn't as severe as it was.  I am going for a CT scan tomorrow, so please wish me luck.  I am short handed at the kennel and working my butt off there, as this is a big holiday weekend coming up, and of ourse I have 70+ dogs coming in this week.  I don't have tie for a serious health issue.  When it rains it pours, huh?

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Anyone ever had Kidney Stones???
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007 - 04:49:01 PM »
Good luck girl!!  :thumbsup:

Just know it is MUCH more painful for a guy.  :eek7: Thankfully I don't know about it, but I guess you might want to start drinking Cranberry juice. Sorry about your trouble. You aren't even "old" yet.   :poopoke:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007 - 04:55:43 PM »
Good luck girl!!  :thumbsup:

You aren't even "old" yet.   :poopoke:

Mike

Wow, is that an almost compliment???   :stirpot:

Offline wiging19

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007 - 04:56:19 PM »
 :faint:  Been through that before.  If they give you strong enough drugs it isn't that bad.  You function okay doing day to day things.  Your shouldn't drive or do anything that requires real brain power.  Have someone else handle the money while your taking pills and things will work out.  Increase you liquid in take to help flush your system.  Don't consider soda or coffee as liquid intake.  Both reduce the amount of liquid in your system.  Drink until your eyes feel like they float and then have another cup.  You can drink beer which is considered good for you.  If your taking strong pain medicine don't do the beer thing.  I discovered it took too long to get sober so I could take the pain medicine.  It will get better.  Keep that in mind.  :dunno:

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007 - 05:52:13 PM »
Rewatch the close up scene of Paully driving over to churn up Christopher's front lawn from 2 weeks ago...that ought to scare the shi... i mean stones out of ya  :scared: :scared:

Hope you get weller soon  :sadwavey:

Russ
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007 - 06:18:35 PM »

I love the Sopranos! Beats reality TV dribble. Even real Mafia comment on just how real and close to life it is.
Though nothing is like the olden days, Capone and the rest of the boys.

What were we talking about? Oh yes, April & the rolling stones. :poopoke: :lol:

April, sorry to hear about this, doesn't sound like fun and to be almost over them and then have them come back for seconds would really put a dampener on things. I wish you best of luck for your scan and prey it's something that a bottle and pills will easily rid. "Hopefully" (wish it was nothing) it's something like a deep tissue bruising or something. What ever the case, you're a strong minded lady who'll overcome it quickly.

Best of luck. :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 70RTdroptop

• 1970 Challenger R/T 440-SixPack
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007 - 06:19:23 PM »
Had a kidney stone  about 10 years ago, I was in my mid-30's then. It was quite large, and lodged between the kidneys and the bladder. The doctor had to crack it into pieces with sonic waves. That part wasn't bad, it was passing the gravel from the kidney stone over the next few days that gave me a new appreciation for Vicodan. Even with the pills it was very painful. Ever since then I've cut way back on soda consumption ( evidently drinking a lot of soda, as I did then, can cause the formation of kidney stones ). I sympathize with the discomfort you must be going through. Good luck, and I hope your experience with a kidney stone is short-lived.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440-6 convertible
1966 Ford Mustang convertible  - numbers matching (wife's car )

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007 - 07:32:25 PM »
...had 'em numerous times.....indescribable pain....usually starts in my back, then moves to my side.....luckily, mine have all passed within 6-8 hours....about every 3-5 years or I have one...due again any time

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007 - 07:32:51 PM »
HAng in there it won`t kill you ... although it might seem like the better option at the time   :faint:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007 - 07:44:38 PM »
I passed one all the way out 10 yrs ago. Split me open.  The nurses kept making fun of my saying - Oh, I see you have met spike.  They have spikes on them and they split you as you urinate. I will never forget that episode.

I feel for you.. I was drug free and no medicine because of my job. Never again.

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007 - 11:13:21 PM »
Man, I really feel for all of you that have had to go through that. I pray I don't ever have them although I have heard that lots of people get them over here in Iraq. They say its because of the water they give us, but there aren't any alternatives. My poor father in law had so many that they eventually had to replace his uriter(sp?) between his kidney and bladder because it had been so torn up by so many stones. He stopped drinking sodas and tea and hasn't had one in several years now.
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007 - 09:58:59 AM »
APRIL,
I can say I feel you pain. Not once but twice. Had my first one on my left side about 11 years ago. I never experienced anything like it. Naturally I was a bit scared because I did not know what was wrong but sure as h-ll knew something wasn't right. Call my wife and said meet me at the hospital because I couldn't wait for her to drive home and pick me up so I drove myself running red lights and stop signs all the way. Then of course in the ER they said have a seat and we will get to you. So I did my best trying to stay calm but couldn't sit sitll so I started walking around hunched over and moaning in pain until one nurse finally took me back to a room. Spent 10 hours in the hospital being pumped full of fluids and finally it move lower and the the pain eased. They sent me home with some perkacets and finally after 3 days I passed it. The second one came 2 years later on the other side and wasn't as scarey because I was pretty sure what it was from the pain I was in. This one however did not pass and could not be broken up with ultra sound because of it's location so I had to have it removed. That was no fun at all either since they have to go in from the opening at the end of you know what and then they left a stint in there for 3 days that was very very very uncomfortable. Anyway I hope you feel better and things work out at the kennel for you.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline mopar_guy

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007 - 10:13:54 AM »
wow April im sorry about your Dog and the stones.that really sucks.i hope everything is starting to get better.Btw,gimme a call soon.take care

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007 - 12:42:56 PM »
 :faint: God april,when it rains it pours[sp] i hope everything turns out well for you. g-w-s...MO.FAN..............
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007 - 09:11:42 PM »
 :iagree:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl