Author Topic: I HATE ALBERTA  (Read 9575 times)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: I HATE ALBERTA
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2007 - 12:35:04 AM »
I am not sure what change is coming BUT Change is going to Happen
I really want out of the Cold & would like to be in the US but I don`t want to get there on a Temp basis & be forced back into Canada down the road , I don`t mind traveling & working on members cars , I have talked to Al about Alabama & that may happen , I have a good friend buying a house in AZ or New Mexico in Aug so I may hide out there for a few months
 the work here is so hit & miss , I am stupid busy 3 months of the year & barely surviving the rest of the year & I live way below poverty standards
LEt me know any or all info you have on Costa Rica TC , I am seriously not spending another 9 month winter here, the cost of living here is way out of reach , I cannot afford to live with a norrmal job & working in the oil patch is too cold & you have no life , you just work constantly
 I have about 3 months to figure this out & I have to finish a few projects   

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2007 - 02:23:07 AM »

Which ever way you go Neil, I wish you luck. Sounds like you want out in a bad way.
Let us know how you get on and I'm sure the members who can, will help.

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline zerfetzen

• 'Cuda, should'a, would'a...you lost.
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2007 - 04:34:49 AM »
Best wishes.

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2007 - 05:13:31 AM »
 Good luck with the move Neil, just make sure there's a race track or two near by. You might be able to get some extra work once your reputation starts getting around. As for being sent back to Canada, sure it may happen, but 50% of California hasn't been sent back to Mexico yet so I doubt they'll even notice an Illegal white guy LOL
 Oh yea and flirt with every cute girl you see, you may find the right one and that will solve all your problems.  :thumbsup:
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2007 - 05:35:35 AM »

....sure it may happen, but 50% of California hasn't been sent back to Mexico yet....

LMAO! :lol:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2007 - 06:04:36 AM »
 :2thumbs: I know one thing for sure. Getting CP to the "Mopar Barn" in Ohio will be a lot less expensive from good ole Bama than from up in the great white north. Let's see, I got three cars who need some serious tweeking etc. and one wanting and waiting for a major horse power transfusion as in /6 to 440 dual quad.  :roflsmiley: Sure hope we get offered a decent contract the first of the month, then I just have to start a CP account. He can comfortably live right at the upgraded garage expense free for however long it takes. I just need some extra cash, hell I'd be willing to get a short term loan if necessary.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2007 - 07:22:49 AM »

LEt me know any or all info you have on Costa Rica TC ,    

First of all, the food there is not the greatest. Their main diet is almost always with black beans spanish rice. USDA Beef?.. high priced. Intense heat and vampire bats mean that the main cattle for food is the brahma bull/cow. Sea food is plentful. Ceviche is popular. (raw fish and salsa cooked in Lime) yummm!! Mangos grow all over.

Young women has the softest most perfect skin I have ever seen albet because the humidity and tropical weather there. They have a light coffee brown complextion. Ohhh the memories.  :naughty:

Rain is heavy many months of the year. So you better like rain. March to June are like our fall months but it is really never fall there. I would recommend the Guanacaste area (North west Pacific side) to live weather wise. South Carribean area is very hot and humid. There is every type of enviornment on Earth there so you literally could find the temp zone you feel most comfortable living in. Most of your work is in San Jose which is centralized in the country. I met a lot of Americans there that are stationed from their company to work there. Most I met were computer jobs

The locals in San Jose will break into your car on a regular basis in the city limits and take whatever they can to resell. We were warned about this and it happened.

I would definitely get your Espanol down to a comfortable level also. Even though they learn it in school, they won't try to cross the language barrier to your side when communicating. YOU NEED TO cross into their language. No different than anywhere else I have traveled before. Once they see your effort, they will try.

If you love nature, you found it there. The place is literally pulsating with life. words can't describe what it is like. When it rains at night and you are driving, the road in front of you starts moving with little critters everywhere crawling around. Iguanas are everywhere.

When we meet again at Carlisle?,...I can fill you in more on the details there.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2007 - 07:43:53 AM »
 :dunno: About the only thing pleasant in that TC is the young lil gals, and perhaps their mothers for the more mature in age.  :roflsmiley: But I still remember you inital description of "No Mopars" that would end it for me.   :wavingflag:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2007 - 07:55:23 AM »
Honestly,... I could see myself living there. I liked it as much as Hawaii or more.

You would have to let some old ways die and develop new ones. But it is a slower pace of life down there.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2007 - 10:04:55 PM »
Let me add another I love Alberta here just so guys don't think it's an awful place. I live 2hrs south of neil and 1 hr north of the US border and we never saw any of that snow and the weather has been a little wet but nice. It will be above 28 Celcius this weekend here. I'll be out camping for sure!!
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2007 - 10:28:53 PM »
Let me add another I love Alberta here just so guys don't think it's an awful place. I live 2hrs south of neil and 1 hr north of the US border and we never saw any of that snow and the weather has been a little wet but nice. It will be above 28 Celcius this weekend here. I'll be out camping for sure!!

28C is bloody good, about an average summer day down here too, almost above that even! :sly: :woo:
Anything into the 30's is too much, 22-30 is nice. I prefer 20 or around there, nice and mild.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007 - 10:37:13 PM by NZ440R/T »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2007 - 12:16:00 AM »
Nowhere on this planet is all good or bad
 I am just frustrated & cold all the time here , I dont enjoy the summer at all , it is too short & I am too busy & cannot turn down work as I need the $$ to survive the endless winters , I just do not have to be limited ot a 40 mile radius to look to the future & at least Where you live Shawn the cost of living has not gone totally out of reach Yet & it is definatly a bit warmer

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2007 - 12:36:02 AM »
If you want a nice climate then most of New Mexico is for you. Lots of mopars here and if you locate to a town like Albuquerque there is money to be made hand over fist on mopars and even with some winter weather there it would seem like fall storms to you probably. I second the notion that was stated earlier. If 12 million mexicans can live here illegally with probably 8 million of them next to useless and just a swirling drain on our national resources, a hard working man willing to make his own way should have a shot. Besides, you would be close and kick my brother in law in the ass and get him to work on his 71 billboard 340 'Cuda and his 70 R/T SE Challenger. 2 beatiful gems sitting in his garage for 14 years now  :faint:
I will try to post a couple of pics when I can find them of his cars.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2007 - 03:29:56 AM »
If you want a nice climate then most of New Mexico is for you. Lots of mopars here and if you locate to a town like Albuquerque there is money to be made hand over fist on mopars and even with some winter weather there it would seem like fall storms to you probably. I second the notion that was stated earlier. If 12 million mexicans can live here illegally with probably 8 million of them next to useless and just a swirling drain on our national resources, a hard working man willing to make his own way should have a shot. Besides, you would be close and kick my brother in law in the ass and get him to work on his 71 billboard 340 'Cuda and his 70 R/T SE Challenger. 2 beatiful gems sitting in his garage for 14 years now  :faint:
I will try to post a couple of pics when I can find them of his cars.

Uhhg...will he come off either of them, especially the Cuda?
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2007 - 05:57:20 AM »
Oh no, He will never sell either one. He will get to them, I just have the bug right now and find it would be impossible for me to let them sit. My sister kissed a trash dumpster with the right front fender of the 'Cuda and so it sits because he could never find a gilled fender. The R/T SE had a funky paint job in the 70's and still has it so it needs a complete restoration. I have faith that he will get to it some day. The guy has an absolute knack for finding great mopar iron though. He has found convertible RR's, pistol gripped 71 'Cudas, missed a triple black hemicuda off a rez just barely, there is a 71 R/T Challenger vert clone 5 minutes from his house he came across one day, lol, you get the picture
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*