Author Topic: 1970 HEMI 4 SPEED CUDA! Yes it's the same one haha but slightly altered.  (Read 3055 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
With lots of people bashing his model I stop to ponder the possibility that the girl could be his wife or girlfriend. I agree that she is pale and might not be the next miss america but I bet someone, somewhere is tired of her getting slapped around in these threads.  :horse:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline uthustler

so get a real model then to sell the car.

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
Thanks for the back up bb71. I do appreciate it. I have learned to just ignore it at this point but it does at times tend to get slightly annoying. Either way I appreciate you backing me up, thanks!
FastMetalToys.com

Offline jeryst

• Resident
With lots of people bashing his model I stop to ponder the possibility that the girl could be his wife or girlfriend. I agree that she is pale and might not be the next miss america but I bet someone, somewhere is tired of her getting slapped around in these threads.  :horse:

:iagree:

I'm sure that most of us are not physically perfect. I know I'm not. Let's lay off the personal attacks, and concentrate on the car. The guys here are cc-com have always been respectful of others, and that's what makes the site so great. Anyones allowed to stand beside a car and get their picture taken, not just perfect #10's.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
so get a real model then to sell the car.

I have already said something about this kind of stuff regarding this thread and the girl, and it is totally 100% uncalled for.  This is the last time I want to say something here.  Give it a rest already.  How would you feel if it were someone you knew!?! Not so good, I am sure.

Offline jeryst

• Resident
Maybe the Mods should just delete that type of posts when they see them. I know other sites do it. Too bad it would have to come to that here, though.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
I myself am kinda envious of Shawn.

He must have like 20 hemi engines and 6pk engines waiting to be installed. Then, he just seems to pop up with cuda after cuda.  Puts all this stuff together in a shop and just seems to be an everlasting supply of e body muscle for everyone.

Very cool Shawn :2thumbs:  And as I have said before, I dont judge anybody by the way they look or speak. In my way of thinking every body has something to offer in their lives.  Keep it up Shawn, critics come and go. Your variety of cars is amazing.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert

I have also "backed" Shawn from day one and on his other thread. The car is not my taste, not by a long shot but I still respect Shawn for going outside the bubble and doing something different to their cars. As for the model, who cares? Like someone said she maybe not the next miss universe but IMO she ain't ugly either but if she was? It's not hurting me or anyone so come on people if the car or girl don't do it for you, move on.  ;)

Those kinds of comments and arrogance make the board look bad IMO........ :walkaway: Best of luck with your sale Shawn and your the man IMO, what a level head to ignore all of this, shows class.  :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
You guys are beyond awesome. I mean that sincerely. I am smiling ear to ear right now so thank you guys a million times over. If you guys ever need anything just let me know.

Thanks,
Shawn Middaugh
FastMetalToys.com

Offline asm74

I think you've done a masterful job, even though its just an amateur opinion.  the only thing that I would comment on is its ride quality, and that's something I can't do without test driving the car.  For me, the aesthetics are somewhat secondary (I regret sometimes not being able to see myself in the car), but getting the right ride.... well that's a different ball game. I'm also really picky about wheels and tires.  I think the best thing to see on a muscle car is raised white lettering.  I like fat, tall tires.  They may not be the best fro some situations but the tall rim with the skinny meats on it screams ricer to me.  I'm sorry...

I'm curious, youve done so much to update the exterior of the car, the interior seems like a straight up restoration.  Why not modernize the dash or steering wheel? or a custom console?  Just thinking out loud....

I'd love to hear it too!!
73 Challenger