A minivan I wouldn't mind owning

Author Topic: A minivan I wouldn't mind owning  (Read 526 times)

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
A minivan I wouldn't mind owning
« on: May 29, 2007 - 11:08:13 AM »
although it's a renault, I would still take it home......

cool stuff
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: A minivan I wouldn't mind owning
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007 - 01:23:46 PM »
 :2thumbs: An F1 style mini van!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007 - 02:18:29 PM »
some background info

"While the X5 Le Mans is wild, it looks like a librarian next to the Renault Espace F1. This bizarre creation was born in mid-1990 in order to celebrate the 10 year partnership between Renault and Matra. To build the car Matra took the drive train directly out of their 1994 Championship winning Williams/Renault Formula One car. The 820 hp 3.5 liter V10 and sequential gearbox were mounted mid-ship inside a modified Renault Espace minivan. The stock Espace had its floor pans cut out to accept a new carbon body structure containing the high-tech driveline. The minivan also received updated brakes, automatic attitude control and a special aero package to keep it from flying off the road. The result was a shocking vehicle that was stupid-fast, looked weird and cost a lot of money. Who wouldn’t want one"?

"The Espace F1’s stats are impressive. With a top speed of nearly 190 mph this Renault can accelerate from 0-60 in under 2.8 seconds. It can run from 0 to 167 back down to 0 in only 1,968 feet (not much more than a quarter mile) and it can pull up to 2g in cornering. Oh and there are four bucket seats and plenty of room for luggage. But on-paper performance does not do this special vehicle justice. Take a look (and listen) at the Espace F1 on the track":

"This is the caption I received with the clip:
Short documentary about the Renault Espace F1 broadcasted in 1995 on French channel M6. Quick summary of what the narrator says:

* In one day the Espace F1 will do its maiden lap and also last lap ever
* Renault Sport, Williams and Matra all worked on this prototype with the help of F1 pilots Alain Prost and Eric Bernard
* Renault Engine 3.5l V10 800 hp 14000RPM
* Consumption is 60 liters / 100km
* Cost per kilometer is 300 times more than a regular Renault Espace

Alain Prost at the end declares: “I always wanted to bring with me in a two-seater Formula 1 some journalists, specially the ones I don’t like.”

Good stuff."

70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007 - 03:36:55 PM »
Although I don't like the looks of it,  I bet it is pretty fun to drive.