Factory or repro 70 Cuda mudflaps - are they available? anyone have pics?

Author Topic: Factory or repro 70 Cuda mudflaps - are they available? anyone have pics?  (Read 2841 times)

Offline OzCuda

Does anyone know of where to get mudflaps that will match 70 factory??  I know it will look better without but I'm happy to live with mudflaps rather than stonechips in the new paint.  Even a good picture of what they looked like would be appreciated.  Cheers, Mark.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007 - 10:27:30 PM by OzCuda »
'70 Barracuda

Offline OzCuda

Can anyone at least provide a picture, description or at least confirm that they were an option?  I can only find one poor picture of a Challenger T/A with front and rear mudflaps but cant make out any detail.  Would they have had a Plymouth logo or a Chrysler logo or just plain???  Did they just screw in the edge of the wheel arch or was there a bracket set-up?  I know this sort of thing isn't big on the resto scale but I'm trying where I can to get it right.  Cheers, Mark.
'70 Barracuda

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
I'm going out on a limb to say I don't believe that mudflaps were a factory option..they were a popular aftermarket item back in the day & Mopar may have sold them as a dealer add on. I have never seen any repros.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Alaskan_TA

Possibly an over the counter dealer part, but never a factory option on these cars.

A trick I learned from some Canadian Mopar owners is to clip the flaps on while driving with the heavy duty office binder clips. That way you can remove them at shows in just a minute or two.

Offline OzCuda

Thanks Guys, that at least explains the lack of info on them or any reference in the market place.  Making them removeable is a good idea - keeps the paint getting road damage but still keep the clean lines when it counts.
'70 Barracuda

Offline IAfarmer

Cut a set out of plexiglass. I have seen them on other cars.

Offline scf100

• FAST LANE FOREVER!
Problem solved.........this company makes 'snap' on mud flaps that are awesome.....got a set for my Mustang and if you click on applications you will see they make them for E-Bodies too! :wow:

http://www.jaegerbrothersauto.com/
1970 Challenger R/T convertible 383…. 4-speed…3.91 suregrip

Triple Black

Offline Grancoupe

I think they look good. Very small flap compared to the others out there. I think I might be ordering a pair for my self.

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
I have a set I took off my 72 Cuda. Not sure if they are original to the car or not but they do have "Plymouth" molded in large letters along the lower edge

MRT
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline OzCuda

Thanks Mike - so maybe these were an aftermarket set?  Still interesting to hear they have Plymouth moulded on them (can't make it out in the photos though).  Are you going to re-use these on your Cuda or would you be prepare to part with them???
'70 Barracuda

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
I have no plans to reuse them. let me see if I can get you a better pic of the logos
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
HYG - ck it out
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
You can use those small to giant spring loaded paper clips that have the folding handles to take them on or off when you want. That way, you don't have to drill holes. You just clip them onto your fender lip edge. Take the flaps off when you're at a show for example.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
OzCuda, check EBay, seller name is Mopar9999 item #320039638246 "Mopar Splash  Shilds 70 71 Challenger the price is $69.00 plus 9.00 for shipping..h0pe this help

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Sorry but that eBay item is for inner fender splash shileds, not mudflaps. 
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!