Author Topic: 335's on E-Body - No Tubs - XV Motorsports  (Read 8212 times)

Offline DQHemi

Re: 335's on E-Body - No Tubs - XV Motorsports
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007 - 09:08:58 PM »
Is this a bolt on package and how much?

Rear suspension is 3,495. 

It's a three link rear design with a panhard bar, which is widely accepted as one of the best setups you can do with a solid axle.

Lower links mount in the forward leaf spring mount.  Brackets get welded to the axle housing for the shocks, upper link (dana is a bolt on for that piece), panhard bar and trailing arms.  Shock mount gets replaced with a beefy piece that gets welded between the frame rails.  Also have to weld on the panhard bar mount on the frame rail w/ gussets and there is a bracket for the upper link that gets welded to the floor pan with a plate to spread the load.  There is also a support that runs from the panhard bar mount on the frame rail to the upper shock mount that gets welded on.

The rear is not something someone would typically do at home.  We can set up the axle brackets on a housing for a customer, but the other pieces need to get welded on the car.

Front is much easier to install but there is some welding involved on that as well.  The rear needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing to get it all straight and correct.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007 - 09:27:05 PM »
XV stuff is top of the line.   Have you seen the new alterKation?
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007 - 11:53:07 PM »

Looks good John. :2thumbs:

Still waiting for that email mate, when you're ready let me know so I know where I'm at....... :1zhelp:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007 - 12:11:26 AM »
The equipment on those cars is simply awesome  :2thumbs:  I just wish I had the coin to pop for the full boogie workup. I would never stop smiling if I were driving a XV E-body vert, slamming home 6 pistol gripped shifts while cruising in comfort. I would love you guys to do a version with an old school HEMI or b/rb wedge stroker but I know that is not your thing. Beautiful cars though for certain  :burnout:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007 - 04:51:38 AM »
The equipment on those cars is simply awesome  :2thumbs:  I just wish I had the coin to pop for the full boogie workup. I would never stop smiling if I were driving a XV E-body vert, slamming home 6 pistol gripped shifts while cruising in comfort. I would love you guys to do a version with an old school HEMI or b/rb wedge stroker but I know that is not your thing. Beautiful cars though for certain  :burnout:

We're building a 70 Cuda for a customer that is being done in the same orange as our first car, done to look like an AAR Cuda and the power is a 650 HP 426 based HEMI running EFI. 
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007 - 05:07:32 AM »
u da man, awesome  :wow:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007 - 12:22:27 PM »
Wow, I've got to really consider your suspension.  I want 335s in my Challenger!
Nice, nice, nice..... :bigsmile:

When will you post more pics?

Wes

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007 - 02:06:42 PM »
Id like to know how wide the tires actually measure... but you got my attention!
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline uthustler

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007 - 12:38:07 PM »
John, can you do this setup on a 1970 Cuda?

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007 - 03:44:10 PM »
:popcorn:
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline uthustler

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007 - 06:15:31 PM »
:popcorn:

what? I just wanted to know if I was looking at $50k, 75k, 100k, or 200k.

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007 - 03:37:33 PM »

I've been buried from doing a show over the weekend and will be digging myself out the next couple of days as well.
We were overwhelmed with people, pretty much lost my voice by Sunday afternoon.

When you say doing the setup - do you mean the rear or building a complete car?
We can do either. 

On doing the rear setup, I don't have a number for just a rear install, as we are typically doing front and rear together, but we can figure out just the back pretty easy.

Rolling the fenders may or may not be an issue - the reason being one customer car that wanted this done has the lips full of plastic, so it will crack for sure and this particular car will be hard to match paint since it is custom.  If yours is factory paint (or you have some extra of the paint on it) and all metal should not be an issue at all.

Wheels and tires, the cost can vary widely depending on what you want to run and the offset needs to be right on.

We can definitely do it for you, but I'd need some more specifics to hang a price on it. 
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline uthustler

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007 - 05:15:00 PM »
I've been buried from doing a show over the weekend and will be digging myself out the next couple of days as well.
We were overwhelmed with people, pretty much lost my voice by Sunday afternoon.

When you say doing the setup - do you mean the rear or building a complete car?
We can do either. 

On doing the rear setup, I don't have a number for just a rear install, as we are typically doing front and rear together, but we can figure out just the back pretty easy.

Rolling the fenders may or may not be an issue - the reason being one customer car that wanted this done has the lips full of plastic, so it will crack for sure and this particular car will be hard to match paint since it is custom.  If yours is factory paint (or you have some extra of the paint on it) and all metal should not be an issue at all.

Wheels and tires, the cost can vary widely depending on what you want to run and the offset needs to be right on.

We can definitely do it for you, but I'd need some more specifics to hang a price on it. 

I am looking for an E-body makeover.

5 or 6 speed tranny

engine

full suspension (best available for handling)

335's in the rear, 275's in the front

Fikse FM5's

Baer disc setup on all 4 corners

minus the engine, what is the ballpark taking one to that level from stock? (roughly ballpark, I know)

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007 - 05:26:34 AM »
I am looking for an E-body makeover.

5 or 6 speed tranny

engine

full suspension (best available for handling)

335's in the rear, 275's in the front

Fikse FM5's

Baer disc setup on all 4 corners

minus the engine, what is the ballpark taking one to that level from stock? (roughly ballpark, I know)

I'm happy to get this quoted out, but we actually still need more info or you need to make decisions - can you please call us and either Scott, Peter or myself can work something up.  For example, to do a 6-speed vs a 5-speed we need to fabricate a whole new trans tunnel, so very big difference in price to do a 6 vs a 5 speed.

Will be much simpler to do this on the phone and go over every detail rather than posting back and forth.
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007 - 01:04:57 PM »
John,
Any new pictures--especially rear view with the tire and suspension/clearances? How about a picture of the wheel lip?
Great products. I like the updates of new products! I will be in the market for a new coil over rear suspension as a few of us are on this board, so keep it coming.

Wes