Author Topic: 335's on E-Body - No Tubs - XV Motorsports  (Read 8213 times)

Offline MoparCar

Re: 335's on E-Body - No Tubs - XV Motorsports
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007 - 06:23:58 AM »
Anything more for pics? :popcorn:

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007 - 09:29:43 AM »
Yes the rear is a factory width 8-3/4
I'd have to check on the backspacing.

I'll have pics from this weekend - we're doing a show.

And Tuesday I have a really good photographer for the day to do a full photo shoot.

John,
Anymore detail pictures of the tire/suspension/fender clearance. Anything? I understand if you can't post too much more because of the magazine spread requirements of good shots, but anything more would be great!  :bananasmi

Thanks, Wes

Offline uthustler

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2007 - 09:16:23 PM »
pleaes post more pics.

does your level 2 front and rear suspension setups affect the car in any other serious way or are both mainly bolt-ons?

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2007 - 09:38:53 PM »

They're all weld in parts Matt. They made the Level 1 as a direct bolt in replacement for stock parts so people like me who are looking for more of a stock finish (15" rims being the main reason) have the option of going to stock if needs be. But, from what I have heard, these kits (L1) are a much better ride & handling package than stock set ups. And, may I add, wihtout sounding like an XV spokesman, they dropped the price by $600 a month or so back.

(Below) XV Level 1 Suspension Package. :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007 - 09:40:56 PM by NZ440R/T »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline uthustler

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2007 - 09:42:00 PM »

They're all weld in parts Matt. They made the Level 1 as a direct bolt in replacement for stock parts so people like me who are looking for more of a stock finish (15" rims being the main reason) have the option of going to stock if needs be. But, from what I have heard, these kits (L1) are a much better ride & handling package than stock set ups. And, may I add, wihtout sounding like an XV spokesman, they dropped the price by $600 a month or so back.

(Below) XV Level 1 Suspension Package. :2thumbs:

thanks, and I sent you an email FYI  :bigsmile:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007 - 05:56:03 AM »

Basically, the suspension, diff and non-leaf spring style set up XV sell, creates more room over stock pieces so fitting larger tires in like 315/335s are not a problem. They do roll the lip on the fender & 1/4s but still, 335s are some big chunks! The tires they use are 17"-18". The braking system uses 14-16" rotors I believe, so, anything but 17"+ will not work. That is the main reason I opted for the XV Level 1 kit, so I can maintain the 15" "muscle car" look. :smokin: I figure XV could make an XV Level 2 style kit to work with 15" wheels but in a way, it's pointless as the superior components coupled with "wobbly" 15's wouldn't work well together. It's like using pepper spray as a face wash, a waste of time.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2007 - 07:21:42 AM »
Ya know, looking at the pictures posted above, those t-bars and the front sway bar both look to be around the 1.125 diameter range. Pretty stout stuff. And as a statement from XV positioning that this is the least compromised set of parts for creating good handling with a smooth ride, it would seem to point to anything under a 1.0 torsion bar is severly compromised when it comes to performance handling.

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007 - 10:39:32 PM »
Anything more for pics? :popcorn:

I'll see if I can get enything else tomorrow. 
Until then, there's this pic:

If you look close you can see the tire size  ;)

Other cool details on the Level II rear is the sway bar mounted through the frame rail - hard to see here. 
It's a 3-link setup w/ panhard bar.  The way it's packaged allows fitting the big rubber w/o tubbing the car. 

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007 - 10:46:39 PM »
Ya know, looking at the pictures posted above, those t-bars and the front sway bar both look to be around the 1.125 diameter range. Pretty stout stuff. And as a statement from XV positioning that this is the least compromised set of parts for creating good handling with a smooth ride, it would seem to point to anything under a 1.0 torsion bar is severly compromised when it comes to performance handling.

:grinyes:

First thing we found from the 4-post rig that in stock trim the cars had way too small T-Bars and way too stiff leaf springs - to make the car handle.

All the bars we run are over 1" and our leaf spring rates are significantly lighter than stock as well as de-arched.

We have different bar sizes for B and E both small and big block. 
Here's what a factory big block bar looks like compared to ours.

We also have different leaf spring rates for B and E.
Our shock valving is also different for B and E body.
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2007 - 10:51:49 PM »
Hi

I didn't understand any of it.

Maybe I'm just tired from so much work, earning $ to pay Challenger.... does'nt make sense at all. :screwy:

Could somebody give me explanation on how exactly you can fit 335 tyres on? (I assume you are talking about 14 inch or so wide tyres on the rear?

And suspension etc?

I am confused.

:sleeping: :sleeping:

LOL. 

Our Level II suspension in the rear is a three link rear with Panhard bar, so it eliminates the leaf springs.
If you notice in the picture above we have billet aluminum trailing arms.

These bolt in the stock front leaf spring mount, but are much narrower than a leaf.
They have spacers on both sides.  With the proper offset you can clear a 335 on the back.
Relocating both spacers to one side creates plenty of room to clear the trailing arm.
To fit the wheel well, we needed to fully roll the lip of the fender, but no tubbing is needed.

Backspacing needs to be right on, but done right it fits great and looks prett wild with all that rubber.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2007 - 05:34:06 AM »
Do you have pictures of the fully rolled lip with wheels/tires installed? By putting both spacer on one side to offset the arm, does this bind at all or is there enough give on the front mount?

Thanks, Wes

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2007 - 09:22:41 AM »
:grinyes:

First thing we found from the 4-post rig that in stock trim the cars had way too small T-Bars and way too stiff leaf springs - to make the car handle.

All the bars we run are over 1" and our leaf spring rates are significantly lighter than stock as well as de-arched.

:grinyes:  What a difference good marketing can make.

The old Direct Connection combo for handling was 1.12 t-bars,  120# rear springs and 1 to 1.125 front sway bars. Unfortuantly it was all buried in the kit car catalogs that most people didn't know existed.  The book also included shock dampening rates, roll couple calculations, and a host of other data.

Congratulations on putting it all together in a well thought out package.

So John, what are the odds of you guys coming out with a forged steel, 2" drop spindle for disc brakes?

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2007 - 11:14:08 AM »
John, Can the Cuda fit 335's or just the Challenger? They have a bit more room...
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2007 - 03:06:48 PM »
John, Can the Cuda fit 335's or just the Challenger? They have a bit more room...

Haven't tried 335's on a Cuda yet. 

We have two upcoming builds that will be running these tires on Cudas, but not far enough along yet.

Challenger works fine, not sure how different the cuda is in the inner fender and wheelhouse areas.
We're finishing a 71 convert right now, but it's not getting 335's.

John
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline grimmey71

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010 - 10:52:44 PM »
I know this is an old thread but do we have any up dates on 335's on a cuda or what back spacing on the rims. Again sorry for digging up the old