Author Topic: Going to Disney. Help with tickets  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
Going to Disney. Help with tickets
« on: June 03, 2007 - 04:05:50 PM »
Family vacation going to disney in Florida next month. I have the hotel and airfare set to go but does anybody know how to save on the price of tickets? P.M. me with any ideas.They would be appreciated.

1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
Re: Going to Disney. Help with tickets
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007 - 06:17:03 PM »
That avitar is killer man. :2thumbs:

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007 - 06:34:28 PM »
AAA has a little discount if you are a member. Holler if you see a yeller cuda round there  :bigsmile:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007 - 07:19:15 PM »
That avitar is killer man. :2thumbs:

Thanks
AAA has a little discount if you are a member. Holler if you see a yeller cuda round there  :bigsmile:
[/quote

Will do
SOLD

Offline 70_challenger

• Suburban Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007 - 08:51:59 PM »
Their ticket prices are pretty well set - Not much in the way of discounts.  As mentioned previously, AAA might be able to help a little, if you're a member.

If you are going for more than one day, be sure to get the 'Park Hopper' tickets, which allow you to roam between the various parks, and offer a discount over the single-day tickets.  That whole Disney complex is HUGE.

Good luck, and enjoy your trip!

-Tom

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007 - 12:32:25 PM »
My little secret only if you have the time to read and find information:

www.disboards.com - you may find a deal on tickets, I found a deal there for 2 people, dining plan, park hopper tickets and hotel for $1200 6 nights 7 days.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007 - 01:10:13 PM »
If you are military, the Navy Exchange here in Orlando (about 2 minutes from the airport) sells them at a discounted price.  Not too sure how much, but I know there's a discount.
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007 - 08:46:51 PM »
Like 70_challenger said, the prices are pretty much set.  There may be slightly lower prices from like kisseme guest services but unless you go do a time share presentation you won't find huge discounts.  Like mentioned, AAA has some combo packages that's dependent on your area.

How long are you going for?  How old are the kids?  It might be an idea to pick up a book from a book store about Disney,  There are books that tell about the rides, when to go, how tall you have to be, etc....  This is nice to plan out stuff  so you're sort of "pin pointed" as to what to see as it can be overwhelming with all the attractions.
We had a plan and stuck with it and saw the stuff we wanted to see most because it's tough to see it all in a short time period.

One way we saved:
You would be surprised how "cheap" it was to get passes for a longer time period.  We were just going to go to the 4 parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, and Animal Kingdom.  It was me, the wife, and 3 kids.  We were just going to do a 4 day pass but for like $30 more total (Not $30 per person) we got a 7 day pass.  That way we didn't feel as rushed and could come back another day to finish up the stuff we didn't get to see. This was really helpful with 3 little kids as they got tired easy.

We just went to Disney World in the beginning of May and it was fantastic!  We had hardly any wait in line for rides.  I would say 5-10 minutes on average.  Some rides we got off and got right back on.  It helped that we were able to hit the parks on the weekdays but the weekends weren't bad at all either.

Don't forget to ride Test Track at Epcot and see Lights, Motors, Action at the Disney MGM studios!

The turkey legs were fantastic!  :drool:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007 - 09:19:14 PM »
I guess I wimped out because on my way from Orlando to Miramar I passed all the exits into DisneyWorld, I decided to take the kids back to Universal Studios and Sea World instead of braving that mess  :puke:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007 - 06:25:47 AM »
One way we saved:
You would be surprised how "cheap" it was to get passes for a longer time period.  We were just going to go to the 4 parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, and Animal Kingdom.  It was me, the wife, and 3 kids.  We were just going to do a 4 day pass but for like $30 more total (Not $30 per person) we got a 7 day pass.  That way we didn't feel as rushed and could come back another day to finish up the stuff we didn't get to see. This was really helpful with 3 little kids as they got tired easy.

Super Blue is right here.  They've moved to a model where they're trying to get you to enter Disney property and not leave during your entire vacation, so for instance a 7 day ticket is not much more than a 5 day ticket.  Their idea is that they'll make up in food and sundry sales what they lose on the ticket.

Don't forget to ride Test Track at Epcot and see Lights, Motors, Action at the Disney MGM studios!

Test Track cracked me up.  They're passing it off as a manufacturer's proving grounds, but having worked there I can tell you for sure that Milford was never as clean as Test Track is. The ride is fun, though, when it's working.  (My old company built the ride vehicles, so of course it breaks down frequently.)  Lights, Motors Action! is fantastic.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007 - 10:56:06 AM »
 :thinkerg: check with the front office at the hotel you are styaying at.when i was out there they had discount tickets for all the attrations out there.make sure you go to universal studios and epcot.they were my favorites in thjat order.have fun and have a great trip.  :thumbsup:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007 - 03:14:38 PM »
Thanks guys for all the great ideas. This is are 2nd time there and we a looking forward to another bout with the mouse.

All ready got a great deal at the hotel. Staying at the Gaylord Palms last time we stayed on property at the Wilderness Lodge and had a blast.
SOLD

Offline inot2old

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007 - 07:14:10 PM »
When I was there 3 years ago, I did the Petty Driving Experience at Disney World Speedway.  That beats the heck out of any of the park rides. :burnout:
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster