Author Topic: 4Cruizin's Cuda has been caught  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: 4Cruizin's Cuda has been caught
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007 - 07:33:48 AM »

A nice looking fish. You can see why, low breeders and small habitat. I would never target a species like that, ever. The shark population down under and here in NZ is huge. They are widespread around the coasts with big chompers down south and in my area. Our main fish which everyone targets is Snapper, in a place called the Hauraki Gulf near Auckland is about 100miles square and they've been doing studies and ocean work in that area and found that 30 million of that species were in that area alone and everyone targets Snapper. Its when people start overfishing and exceeding their limit and wasting fish (catching undersized babies) that numbers recline. We have a pretty strict fisheries office down here which is great, like most places do.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007 - 07:43:55 AM »
More and more people are getting into catch and release around here also. which I think is a good idea. There are seasonal restrictions in effect here also to reduce catch ratios also on many types of fish and sharks.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007 - 07:50:38 AM »

No such season restrictions here but we do have plenty of marine reserves.
You get caught fishing in or around them you'll get a smacked hand and hefty fine. :grinyes:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60