Author Topic: New Pricing on XV Level I Suspension System  (Read 3997 times)

Offline DQHemi

New Pricing on XV Level I Suspension System
« on: June 05, 2007 - 01:37:34 PM »
For those of you who may have been sitting on the fence, our Level I Suspension system just got a whole lot more attractive.

We've dropped the price by $600! 
From $2,995 to $2,395.

This system was designed to be a 100% bolt on solution that dramatically improves ride and handling.  It's a great solution for a correct car because it is completely reversible.  The R/T below is a highly optioned and numbers matching car that the owner wanted upgraded.  All the changes are 100% reversible and the original parts have been bagged and tagged.  So the owner can geta ride much better than stock and still return his car back to original at any time. 

The system is totally track tested and we are the only vendor offering custom valved shocks specific for each platform (B and E body at this time).  Shocks are high pressure monotube design and valving was developed from four post tests and dialed in on the track and street.  Spring rates and bar sizes are optimized to work with the shock valving as a total package - fully dialed in and track tested.

We'll likely start selling the kit in individual component form as well, but we haven't finalized the pricing on the different pieces just yet.

Anyway, here are some pics, including a customer's car we are just finishing up that has the Level I system installed on it.

Here's a link for details on the system on   our site

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: New Pricing on XV Level I Suspension System
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007 - 02:00:16 PM »

Awesome! That Challenger sure sits well. Did you take notice of the overall height difference between using a stock suspension system and your XV Level 1 kits? Is there any noticeable difference in the rear height? I'm just curious as I'm not a big fan of drooping/sagging rear ends, hence the reason I try to stick to 28" overall tires if possible.

:2thumbs:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007 - 02:16:12 PM »

Awesome! That Challenger sure sits well. Did you take notice of the overall height difference between using a stock suspension system and your XV Level 1 kits? Is there any noticeable difference in the rear height? I'm just curious as I'm not a big fan of drooping/sagging rear ends, hence the reason I try to stick to 28" overall tires if possible.

:2thumbs:

I don't think we have stock ride height numbers.

The leaf springs are de-arched and much lighter rate than stock which helps with the handling.
We wanted to drop the car a bit, which this does, but I'm not sure I can get stock height numbers.
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline TrakHor

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007 - 03:30:16 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I read in another thread that this package can help an E-body to pull over a G on a skidpad? If so I may have found my new suspension package. The price update makes it a whole lot easier to fit in my budget. One question however. If it can get me to a G, what tires and other hardware is needed?
Thanks
Jason

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007 - 05:12:19 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I read in another thread that this package can help an E-body to pull over a G on a skidpad? If so I may have found my new suspension package. The price update makes it a whole lot easier to fit in my budget. One question however. If it can get me to a G, what tires and other hardware is needed?
Thanks
Jason

Yes, during our testing we found the car pulled 1G sustained lateral. 
To hit those numbers you need to run good low profile tires. 
We also had chassis stiffenig on the car, which is always a good idea to improve ride and performance.

Here's a Roadrunner we're finishing up that we installed our Level I suspension on. 
It's running 15" wheels and Peter at our shop road tested it yesterday and was blown away how well it handles and ride quality.

What we did was create an optimized package of all matched components with custom shock valving (we have different valving for B and E body cars) and upgrades where we found there to be real value.  We also use really good shocks - high pressure monotube, that are race quality pieces.  It's all been track tested and dialed in.

So if you want an optimized stock type suspension that is totally bolt on, that's what this is.
I've driven this setup on track and on the street and it works really well on both.
Dramatic improvements over stock.
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline FY1443433

• 1971 Superbee, 1970 Challenger R/T
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007 - 07:27:46 AM »
DQHemi,

You surely got my attention.  I'll have to look into this as I get close to doing my car.  I do like the stance the 71R/T has but my Challenger is a BB 70 R/T and I wondering if there will be any difference requirments for a BB.

FY1

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007 - 07:43:36 AM »
DQHemi,

You surely got my attention.  I'll have to look into this as I get close to doing my car.  I do like the stance the 71R/T has but my Challenger is a BB 70 R/T and I wondering if there will be any difference requirments for a BB.

FY1

That Blue R/T pictured above is a big block - #'s matching 383. 
We have different T-bar sizes whether it is big block or small block.

Roadrunner as you can tell is a 440-6 pack, not original, but that is what's in it.
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline FY1443433

• 1971 Superbee, 1970 Challenger R/T
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007 - 08:07:04 AM »
That Blue R/T pictured above is a big block - #'s matching 383. 
We have different T-bar sizes whether it is big block or small block.

Roadrunner as you can tell is a 440-6 pack, not original, but that is what's in it.
Sounds great, figured you've have an answer for me.  I'll let you all know when I am ready for that step.

Fy1

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007 - 09:01:51 AM »
Do you have any figures on the Stage II g's? If the Stage I will sustain 1G, what is the Stage II doing (roughly speaking)?

Thanks, Wes

Offline EvilTwinATX

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007 - 10:17:35 AM »
how much for just those shocks? Are they adjustable? I couldn't find them on your website..

Those are sweet!!

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007 - 11:39:19 AM »
Rebuildable, adjustable, monotube aluminum body shocks are in the $200-350 range. XVs are propriatary valving, so you don't need the adjustment, so they can be a little less expensive than an adjustable version. Similar shocks to these are made by Afco, QA1, Koni, Pro, Carrera, and a few others.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007 - 11:46:24 AM by HP2 »

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007 - 07:35:53 PM »
That looks like one sweet kit.  I'll definately have to keep an eye on that one in the future.

Ironically, that 71 Chally you have there is almost identical to my 71 Chally, wide front trim and all, except mine is sub-lime!

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007 - 07:01:29 AM »
Do you have any figures on the Stage II g's? If the Stage I will sustain 1G, what is the Stage II doing (roughly speaking)?

Thanks, Wes

In our testing it was clse to 1.1 G's.
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007 - 07:10:32 AM »
how much for just those shocks? Are they adjustable? I couldn't find them on your website..

Those are sweet!!

We haven't broken out prices for each component to sell individually, but they would be in the range HP2 indicated.

The valving on our shocks is custom - we have different valving for B and E body and Level I and II are different valving as well.  Everything was dialed in and matched components.  As far as just using our shocks, front will be OK if you run real big T-Bars.  On the rear, our leaf spring rates are lighter than any out there (to make the cars handle) and the shocks are valved to match those rates, so I don't know how they will work with other leaf springs.  Would probably make alot of sense to run shocks w/our leaf springs if you didn't want the entire system. 

Both Level I and Level II shocks are high pressure monotube design, race quality pieces.
Level I are not adjustable, Level II are adjustable.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007 - 08:50:18 AM »
Hey John,

since we have your attention here, has your organization ever considered tooling up a forged steel, 2" drop spindle that would be compatible with your stage 1 system utilizing all the stock suspension and brake components?

Tony