Author Topic: Wiper motor problem  (Read 1270 times)

Offline AMXguy

Wiper motor problem
« on: June 09, 2007 - 12:27:02 PM »
 I put an NOS 3 speed motor on and somethings wrong.  my car isn't concours  anyway so I got a mid 70's one with a different plug in, so I had to change my old plug onto it.  I matched the wire colors up correct but the speeds don't seem right and it doesn't park like it should. worst of all it draws juice and makes noise when it's suppoosed to be off, I unplugged it of course. has anyone swithched motors like this? maybe the wires have to be switched to another combination?  maybe it's the switch? even though I'll never drive it in the rain ( on purpose anyway ) I'd like to fix it.  thanks
1970 R/T SE Challenger
 1970 Superbee
 1969 S code Mach 1
 1967  GTO

Offline r15303

Re: Wiper motor problem
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007 - 09:12:15 AM »
This helped me.  It is from FYIcuda

3431665 is a variable speed wiper for a '73 Barracuda, Challenger, Charger, Coronet, or Satellite.  It will work fine if the four wires are in the 1970 position on the bulkhead connector.  On a '70 variable speed E-body bulkhead connector, when looking at the wires when they are plugged into the car, the brown is upper left, red lower left and the two greens are on the right ( the side of the plug with the funny shape). The wire positions on a '73 wiper motor plug might be different and so you may have to move the wires on the plug to make it work on the '70. Good luck

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007 - 10:24:15 AM »
What was in the car??  Do you have a 2 speed switch or a 3 speed one??   :clueless:

Offline AMXguy

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007 - 03:29:08 PM »
 It's a '70 Challenger, 3 speed wiper. I used my original plug in so that has to be right, the only thing that may be wrong is if for some reason the newer motor wire colors don't match the old ones. you wouldn't think they'ld do that but I don't know.
1970 R/T SE Challenger
 1970 Superbee
 1969 S code Mach 1
 1967  GTO

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007 - 03:32:51 PM »
I have found by experience that the wires on your new install may have to be in a different location to match the switch harness and under the dash. It will work but the combo has to be right.