Purchased My 71 'Cuda!

Author Topic: Purchased My 71 'Cuda!  (Read 21354 times)

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
Re: Purchased My 71 'Cuda!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007 - 08:43:14 PM »
Way to go NZ!  It looks like it's too good to be true, I am glad it isn't!  I am very excited for you! 

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007 - 08:51:54 PM »

2 months is a long dang time, man.  I wouldnt know what to do in the meantime.  Oh wait, you have another ebody!   :grinyes: :roflsmiley:

Congrats, I know this means a lot.   :cheers:

:lol2: Thanks mate, yupe, if I didn't have Lucy I'd be going insane now and during the resto. :crazy:
It is a while to wait so remember that the next time you guys "cry" about 1 week shipping!! :icon16: :lol:

But seriously, man, leave some for the rest of us here in the States!

Not on your life mate! :grinno: :lol: I'll possibly be looking at pinching one more later in life (MUCH later) and that's a 68 Charger (which I've looked at in the past). But for a long time I'm done now. I have my dream cars and am out of money, well, close and will be after this resto. I'm not even sure if I'll have enough for gas LOL oh well, at least I can still look at them. Should be very nice the Black & White together and will make for some nice photo-shoots.

Thanks everyone, truly a happy day for me. I can now say I have a 71 Cuda!
Though, it's not up the drive yet, so I won't hold my breath just yet. :-X

:woohoo:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007 - 08:55:42 PM »
Thats bloody awesome mate!!  Wow nice score!!   :cheers:

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007 - 08:58:45 PM »
Congrats NZ!  :clapping:  :woohoo:  :2thumbs:

You are well on your way to completing your drean car.   :jumping:  :jumping:  :jumping:

Hmmmm, what should you do while you wait........DRINK BERR and DREAM ABOUT YOUR 71.   :cheers:

:cooldancing:  :bigshades:  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007 - 09:03:52 PM »

Thanks Dave and Vertman. :drunk: I think I am truly in shock at the moment. Is definitely more than I was looking at but for the price I got it at it's very, very, cheap. It's basically a little more than a rusted out project. I help the owner sell cars here in NZ so I get a little commision which helped me get it down to the price I wanted. Of course, minus the engine and trans as well which helped. I'm also helping him sell some engines down here. He has a list of engines that he is willing to sell and I have a few guys here willing to take them! So, it helps me and the price.

A ways to go yet but this is definitely a huge step in the right direction. Lucy (1970 Dodge Challenger R/T) is and always will be my dream car but shlt, this is coming in a close, close, close, CLOSE, 2nd!! I love them both!

Thanks people, once again, too kind, at least I didn't disappoint on the photos eh!!
Because we all know............  :useless:

Offline scf100

• FAST LANE FOREVER!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007 - 09:24:31 PM »
very nice!
1970 Challenger R/T convertible 383…. 4-speed…3.91 suregrip

Triple Black

Offline Autophile

• Kowalski... and the keys to a sawed-off weekend!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007 - 09:31:04 PM »
NZ, I am amazed! Clean Cuda to start with! Incredible new Hemi coming along! Keisler riding along with the Cuda! Found a good flat hood for a shaker! Why am I yelling everything!  :bigshades: :biggrin:

Seriously, awesome stuff, Carl.   :cheers:
1971 Cuda, black/black, 419 cu. in. 3G Hemi with twin turbos (build in progress), AlterKtion, Wilwood 12.19" disks, billet Rallye wheels

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007 - 09:55:08 PM »
NZ, I am amazed! Clean Cuda to start with! Incredible new Hemi coming along! Keisler riding along with the Cuda! Found a good flat hood for a shaker! Why am I yelling everything!  :bigshades: :biggrin:

Seriously, awesome stuff, Carl.   :cheers:

ROFLMAO!! :smilielol: I've noticed a few people do that too!!
It seems like the right thing to do sometimes!! Thanks mate!! Much appreciated!! Cheers Carl!!  :lol:

:cheers:

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007 - 10:15:30 PM »
Wow, incredible 71. Although my favorite combo is triple black too, I don't know if I'd be able to tear that car apart. It looks awesome as is. Sounds like it will be amazing though. Hopefully I'll be right there with ya in a couple of years. Black 71 hemi is my favorite as well. Congrats!!!
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2007 - 10:24:59 PM »
Congrats  :ylsuper: be a very nice car for you  :2thumbs:

Lunch

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2007 - 10:40:57 PM »
That's great Carl !!!

What's the story with the '68 in the backround ?

Offline SRT8CUDA

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2007 - 10:50:05 PM »
Yes, I have to say it looks great in those pics, a bit of a shame it's gonna be stripped down yet again, nevermind, those photos of her in blue, will be around forever and that's what Carl has been wanting, a Triple Black 'Cuda  and I know he's a happy chappy   ....cheers Jim
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007 - 01:24:00 PM by NZCUDA »

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007 - 11:04:05 PM »
Awesome car!!!!! You have more fortitude than me my friend, I could not bring myself to redo that beauty but it will be a seriously badass car when you get done with it. Congrats again!!!!!!!!  :ylsuper:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2007 - 11:05:05 PM »
That's great Carl !!!

What's the story with the '68 in the backround ?

Thanks Pete, I'm 95% sure it's there original 4-Speed Hemi Charger. They also have 3 other Cudas and if you look closely in the photos I posted you'll spot the wing of a Superbird they're restoring. Nut & bolt rotisseries are what they do. They didn't restore my car but picked it up from someone they trusted and kept it as is as it was mint.

Thanks everyone else, and yes Dad, I'm a "happy chappy"  :lol2: :grinyes:

The reason I went after this car is it's 100% complete. Parts for the 71 Cuda are ridiculous and to buy a shell needing new floors, rails, trunk, fenders, the works, that's huge dollars in itself, let-alone having to buy the rest of the pieces for the car from bumpers to headlight buckets, sheesh, the lamps are $400 each!! I factored that into what I was buying and by some margin, this is the only way to go, well, for me it is. Also, another huge bonus is the car is laser straight, may need the "odd" touch up and at absolute worst a 2x2" piece cut out and welded but from what I've been told and can see, it'll be acid dipped and nothing else needed to be done excpet paint. A far cry from doing complete sheet repairs which takes time and money. So, I bit the bullet and decided that's it's cheaper, easier and faster to get a car needing no parts or body work. The B5-Blue Cuda is the end result.

:2thumbs:

Offline 340kiwi

• I'll see you in the babe section, Mr Anderson.
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2007 - 11:30:10 PM »
Congratulations Carl (I hate you! :stomp: ) looks like a great buy (basta*d! :swear:) I'm sure that Hemi will seriously perculate (not that I'm envious :banghead:) and the car will be worth every dollar spent (which will probably be more than the economy of a third world country :money:) :roflsmiley: seriously Dude, between you and your dad you'll be able to start your own club!
Cheers Paul
Paul
70 Challenger - coming together at the speed of molasses on a frosty morning!